THE JETPACK THREAD

Wenis IV

Should the jetpack be in V?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Should the jetpack be in V?

• Yes
    • No

So in the trailer we've seen pretty much all the vehicles that GTA has to offer, cars, trucks, semis, golfcarts, choppers, planes, and maybe even bicycles. Well to me the best way of ever getting around in any GTA game was the good old jetpack. In all seriousness though, it was definitely one of the best ways to explore (whether the city or wilderness) because you could pretty much go anywhere yet didn't have to worry about clunking around a huge vehicle. So my simple question is do YOU want it to return as well?

Edited by Wenis IV

I loved the jetpack and really hope it makes a return. Even if it's just a cheat code and not mission related or anything - I want it back.

TheGreene2010

wait can I change my vote I didn't even watch the video first. mercie_blink.gif

I hope there are jetpacks! That would be fun but we all know Rockstar, well no we don't since they are doing LS and not Vice City!

Yes.

Not in a mission though, but as a fun cheat. I found the jetpack useful in SA for exploring and other craziness. It helped add a little extra fun to the gameplay for me and I'd like to be able to use once again.

To those who have worries of it being too unrealistic, and if the jetpack does return as a cheat - don't do the cheat. Simple. Options are a spectacular thing.

I would love to have the jetpack return in Grand Theft Auto V in some capacity. If the (or 'a' if there are multiple storylines) storyline is a rags to riches storyline (which by the looks of things, at least one storyline in Grand Theft Auto V will follow this theme), then obtaining a jetpack could fit in the theme of the storyline. If not, then I would be happy to just spawn a jetpack through the use of a cheat.

Who cares if having a jetpack is 'unrealistic'? It was fun to be able to fly around using a jetpack in GTA: San Andreas. I hope it does return.

RE9mJnf.png

Halo_Override
I wouldn't want it anywhere in the storyline, but it was fun, and it would be nice to see it come up as a game completion bonus toy or something like that.

I want it to return, but only after you beat the main storyline... or after a late mission in the game. If it did return, I'd want it to be late in the game... call me crazy. tounge2.gif

Who cares if having a jetpack is 'unrealistic'? It was fun to be able to fly around using a jetpack in GTA: San Andreas. I hope it does return.

If they made it a cheat code, that would be a good compromise for everyone. Find it too unrealistic? Don't enter the cheat code.

I'm reluctant to that.

Sure it was fun, but now R*'s GTAs have a more serious tone.

I don't see them bringing the jetpack back into V.

As a cheat, why not.

Yes i would like it as only a cheat, seems R* are going for the more realistic crime simulator and Saints row are going for the loads of fun type of thing with over the top stuff... Still GTA is always the best. sigh.gif

i say yes but only as a cheat and only really rare random places (eg. alleyways) in multiplayer.

I think the jet pack should only be a cheat. Maybe in MP there should be an option to enable hidden jet packs.

I loved the jetpack and really hope it makes a return. Even if it's just a cheat code and not mission related or anything - I want it back.

This. Ah, the memories.

Dijital Binali
Please not that stupid thing...

This

Sure, it is a nice way to explore every inch of the map. But it is too unrealistic IMO. Give me a dirt bike and I'll be okay.

UberChargedCJ

i told you to not touch that f*cking thread if you hate the jetpack

Edited by Miamivicecity

Eternal Moonshine

This

Sure, it is a nice way to explore every inch of the map. But it is too unrealistic IMO. Give me a dirt bike and I'll be okay.

Have you seen this video?

Jetpacks are real enough

Harwood Butch3r

I think it would be cool as some kind of reward for say one of the side missions, or as a cheat, but I don't really want it involved in the story.

Dijital Binali

This

Have you seen this video?

Jetpacks are real enough

I know jetpacks exist in real life. But they are not common vehicles that are used everyday. As seen in the video, they are more like "show business" type of vehicles.

I must say that I agree the previous posts, they can be used as cheats.

I used the jet pack in SA, and I didn't think it too out of left field, since there was a given amount of fantasy mixed with reality, in GTA V though, just not going to go for Saints Row arcading, I'd expect some crafty PC modder to fashion one later on

You can't expect to make a topic and not have negative comments. Neither can you choose who or who cannot post in your topic. This is a discussion board. The most you can do in this case is to ask him why he does not want the jetpack.

Harwood Butch3r

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion. You didn't make the thread, so what authority do you have to tell him he can't post in here?

Edited by Miamivicecity

Most you can do is report someone if they're just making noise, too. One would think. Trolling at worst.

As for the jetpacks in reality, they are something of a novelty even if they actually exist, and work, people don't have them readily available

No.

Jetpack was great in San Andreas, but this is GTA V.

We want (and i am sure we ll see) new ideas of fun!