San Andreas Trilogy Game Save

TrevorSpeed914

TrevorSpeed914

I completed San Andreas before, but when I lost the disk, I bought the GTA 3 Trilogy, and my game save does not work. After attempting to play the game over (Which is more annoying than fun!), and not being able to find the proper game saves online, I am coming here to ask.

Does anyone have a SA Trilogy game save?

Have you tried simply deleting the GTA_SA.set file?

The Trilogy version is V2, so are you saying your old version was V1?

If so, just upload your V1 save to GTASnP.com and then redownload it, and it will be converted to V2 scripts...I have V2, and have done this on the old Chain Game saves that were V1(and as such started a new game when trying to load), and after uploading them to the SnP site and redownloading them, they work fine on V2...The SnP uploader has an "Auto-Convert" feature to convert to V2, which V2 saves also work great on V3(the Steam version)...HTH

@lil weasal, if he had a V1 game before and now he has the Trilogy pack which is V2, then that won't work, as V1 and V2 saves are not compatible straight away, the V1 save will need to be converted to V2 scripts first(which is where the SnP uploader can do wonders here)...That is going off this old topic by Pdescobar. Just a heads up. smile.gif

Edited by radioman

TrevorSpeed914
The Trilogy version is V2, so are you saying your old version was V1?

If so, just upload your V1 save to GTASnP.com and then redownload it, and it will be converted to V2 scripts...I have V2, and have done this on the old Chain Game saves that were V1(and as such started a new game when trying to load), and after uploading them to the SnP site and redownloading them, they work fine on V2...The SnP uploader has an "Auto-Convert" feature to convert to V2, which V2 saves also work great on V3(the Steam version)...HTH

@lil weasal, if he had a V1 game before and now he has the Trilogy pack which is V2, then that won't work, as V1 and V2 saves are not compatible straight away, the V1 save will need to be converted to V2 scripts first(which is where the SnP uploader can do wonders here)...That is going off this old topic by Pdescobar. Just a heads up. smile.gif

I no longer have the old save file. My old version was "v1" as you put it; I owned one of the first copies (Bought it the day it came out!).

Theoretically, I can take someone elses save file from the V1 and convert it to v2, right?

You could, but why? Since you have a V2 (Second Edition) now download a V2 save.

ALL SAVE GAMES TOPIC

That's for PC. I am playing a PS2.

That would have been good to know in the first post, as there are three Trilogy versions-one for X-Box, one for PC, and one for PS2-most people who requests saves are using the PC version of the game, and as such, that is what lil weasal and I were talking about...

The ONLY way to use downloaded saves on PS2 is to use a Flash drive and download the save from the PC to it, and then plug the flash drive into the PS2 and use either Gameshark OR ARMax Cheat device to transfer the save to the PS2 memory card into the proper format for other PS2 saves. So, as you can see this is a lot more difficult then on PC, where it is just download to the User Files folder and play...Just a couple of friendly heads up. smile.gif

Also, the PS2 versions are the same as PC, where the Original(V1) is not compatible with the Greatest Hits/Double Pack/Trilogy versions, However, the Double Pack Greatest Hits and Trilogy are compatible with each other-I have confirmed that, as I have the Greatest Hits version for PS2, and the Trilogy version still load those saves just fine.

Here are some PS2 saves over here, Created by OrionSR, and are Chain Game saves for the PS2...To load these saves, see second paragraph above...HTH Thanks to the Search feature for the quick topic find. tounge2.gif

Edited by radioman

TrevorSpeed914
You could, but why? Since you have a V2 (Second Edition) now download a V2 save.

ALL SAVE GAMES TOPIC

That's for PC. I am playing a PS2.

That would have been good to know in the first post, as there are three Trilogy versions-one for X-Box, one for PC, and one for PS2-most people who requests saves are using the PC version of the game, and as such, that is what lil weasal and I were talking about...

The ONLY way to use downloaded saves on PS2 is to use a Flash drive and download the save from the PC to it, and then plug the flash drive into the PS2 and use either Gameshark OR ARMax Cheat device to transfer the save to the PS2 memory card into the proper format for other PS2 saves. So, as you can see this is a lot more difficult then on PC, where it is just download to the User Files folder and play...Just a couple of friendly heads up. smile.gif

1. I know the Trilogy came out for more than the PS2. It's strange to assume I'm a PC user, especially if you've read any of my other posts which are very biased against PC GTA users; not that I expect anyone to be familiar with my posts.

2. That's not the only way, because I use to transfer them VIA my PsP, but that's beside the point. I know all about transferring the files.

My original question was: Does anyone have a SA Trilogy game save? Surely there must be SOMEONE on here who has completed the Trilogy version on PS2. If not, I guess I'll be a pioneer ( suicidal.gif ) and do it myself. Some of these missions kind of suck.

My original question was: Does anyone have a SA Trilogy game save? Surely there must be SOMEONE on here who has completed the Trilogy version on PS2. If not, I guess I'll be a pioneer (  ) and do it myself. Some of these missions kind of suck.

Yeah, since seeing as you didn't get my whole post when you quoted, you must have missed the link in the last paragraph to some PS2 saves-they work great on the Trilogy Pack version, as I have used it myself and I have the Trilogy Pack version too.

But, pretty much everyone who requests save games are on the PC version-we get very few PS2 requests and almost no X-Box ones, so that is why it is automatically assumed you have a PC game when it is not mentioned in the topic's first post. Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

TrevorSpeed914
My original question was: Does anyone have a SA Trilogy game save? Surely there must be SOMEONE on here who has completed the Trilogy version on PS2. If not, I guess I'll be a pioneer (  ) and do it myself. Some of these missions kind of suck.

Yeah, since seeing as you didn't get my whole post when you quoted, you must have missed the link in the last paragraph to some PS2 saves-they work great on the Trilogy Pack version, as I have used it myself and I have the Trilogy Pack version too.

But, pretty much everyone who requests save games are on the PC version-we get very few PS2 requests and almost no X-Box ones, so that is why it is automatically assumed you have a PC game when it is not mentioned in the topic's first post. Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

You edited the post. catspider.gif

Well, it gave me a headache, but I found the files (You could have linked me to the files instead of a damn thread, though). I don't know if it will work, but I'll give it a shot.

You edited the post. catspider.gif

Well, it gave me a headache, but I found the files (You could have linked me to the files instead of a damn thread, though). I don't know if it will work, but I'll give it a shot.

The reason I linked to the topic rather than just the saves, is so you can read about the saves to see if it is what you are looking for or not, without having to go through the trouble of downloading them and then going thru the trouble of putting them on your PS2, only to find out they are not what you want...

Actually, the saves were very easy to find, as the link was towards the top of the first post in big, bold letters that said"Chain Game for PS2 Beta 2 now available at GTAGarage."-where the underlined section was the link...The rest of the topic explained what the saves were and what features were added/done in the save. Just a heads up. tounge2.giflol.gif

btw, Yes, I did edit the post(after I got to thinking where I saw PS2 saves on here, and did the search to find them), but...at the time I hit the Edit button, your post was not up yet, so I was not sure if you saw the edit or not...

Edited by radioman

TrevorSpeed914

This save game isn't what I'm looking for. I wanted the completed game - Not a modded version where I have to start all over.

• 4 weeks later...

im kinda new 2 this, but i was wondering if i could get a link 2 the grnd theft auto trilogy saves for ps2, i would appreciate it