Tell me whats Wrong with just having Southern Cali

skillz7855

TheGreene2010

We all wanted a new location. Not just a remake of Midnight CLub. Seriously people, Midnight CLub was a huge sprawling city, and I hate to think how similar GTA V will be.

I don't understand this argument. Midnight Club: LA was a racing game. We couldn't get out and explore the city ourselves. If anything it offered a completely different experience to what GTA V is likely to be.

Another thing to remember is Midnight Club: LA was a GPS representation of real life LA. LS is a fictional city based on LA.

Two qualities that set them apart. It's not going to be Midnight Club: LA's map recycled for GTA V. confused.gif

I wonder if R* bored making the same city for the third time in this generation? Or the love LA more than NY?

Well technically it's GTA second trip to Los Santos... you know Liberty City was done 5 times? (GTA III, Liberty City Stories, GTA IV, GTA IV TLAD, GTA IV TBOGT) Quite basing other R* games to Los Santos please. icon14.gif

Nothing is wrong with a huge Southern California.

That would be the best map ever and because i live in LA

I don't think i'll ever understand this.

If I lived in LA, the last thing i'd want from a video-game is a gameworld that realistically mirrors it. Same goes for New York / Liberty City.

The only exception to this would be if the game was set in a past decade, like the 80s. Then i'd at least have the nostalgia factor to make it interesting.

Nothing is wrong with a huge Southern California.

That would be the best map ever and because i live in LA

I don't think i'll ever understand this.

If I lived in LA, the last thing i'd want from a video-game is a gameworld that realistically mirrors it. Same goes for New York / Liberty City.

The only exception to this would be if the game was set in a past decade, like the 80s. Then i'd at least have the nostalgia factor to make it interesting.

I think there trying to also make LS look more to LA so you will have a feeling what LA looks like if you have never been there in real life.Just like they did GTA IV.

Me personally I have been to So Cal and lived there for a year in San Diego. There is tons of countryside and tons of desert areas to ride your dirt bike and 4 wheeler. Trust me there will be rural areas in the game. I expect Los Santos to be the big city and then south of the city you have San Diego which has all of the rural things everyone wants. It's also largely populated with military personnel and I expect Navy ships and aircrafts to be inside those bases. Then south of San Diego you have Tijuana, Mexico which could mean the Mexican Mafia or Tijuana Cartel in the game. I don't expect SF or LV in the game but I think it will be just fine.

thatstupidbug

my problem is: why come back to los santos?

think about liberty city: why they re-made it? because the Liberty in GTA III had almost nothing in common with the real NY (except maybe part of staunton island), so R* created a new map with all the trademark buildings and landscapes of NY.

but los santos in SA WAS a little more accurate reproduction of Los angeles: the most important buildings were there, the real districs were there... ok, maybe they weren't in the right spot, but the "vibe" of los angeles was.

if los santos (in GTA SA) had nothing in common with the real los angeles, i see the point of returning there: but since the original los santos was already "quite" right (at least with the presence of famous landmarks), why go back there? Only to create a "more" accurate (but still heavy unrealistic) city? only to place buildings in the right spot?

when i saw the "Vinewood" logo i wasn't happy... they can create wathever "real landmarks" they want, but the deja-vu feeling will be there...

my problem is: why come back to los santos?

think about liberty city: why they re-made it? because the Liberty in GTA III had almost nothing in common with the real NY (except maybe part of staunton island), so R* created a new map with all the trademark buildings and landscapes of NY.

but los santos in SA WAS a little more accurate reproduction of Los angeles: the most important buildings were there, the real districs were there... ok, maybe they weren't in the right spot, but the "vibe" of los angeles was.

if los santos (in GTA SA) had nothing in common with the real los angeles, i see the point of returning there: but since the original los santos was already "quite" right (at least with the presence of famous landmarks), why go back there? Only to create a "more" accurate (but still heavy unrealistic) city? only to place buildings in the right spot?

when i saw the "Vinewood" logo i wasn't happy... they can create wathever "real landmarks" they want, but the deja-vu feeling will be there...

Los Santos in GTA SA didn't look so great