Cell Phones?

Nick0025

Do you think that there will be Cell Phones?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there will be Cell Phones?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other Form Of Communication (Specify Below)

Do you guys/gals think there will be cell phones? You can discuss it here and if you think there's something other than a cell phone like a pager, an iPad or some crazy futuristic holographic mechanism, give us your ideas here!

Yes, but they should make it so the phone doesn't go away when you get shot or jump in water. It's really annoying to use cheats when being shot at by cops in GTA 4....

walkingsickness

Of course their should be cell phones.

what...are we going backwords now? GTA V is set in 2012 and no smartphones?

FilipinoGoblin
Do you guys/gals think there will be cell phones? You can discuss it here and if you think there's something other than a cell phone like a pager, an iPad or some crazy futuristic holographic mechanism, give us your ideas here!

Um, this is modern day so I think this will somehow play out like GTA IV...

Except I think there probably will be spoofs of some cell phone retailers and you can actually walk in and purchase a new phone.

Newer Phones could come with better features or more features...

You'll somehow probably start out with a crappy Nokia or something like that tounge.gif

I would love to see cell phones feature improved, by adding a shop with different phones (the better phone the better features it will have, for example some Nokia from the year 2001 have just got a calling option, but iPhone's got the option to blow some cars nearby biggrin.gif).

Or make all phone numbers from buildings, cars, ads and television callable so you can find so fun calling a random restaurant telephone number.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

oh in gta v the protagonist can buy a ipad... have one easter egg about apple... in gta iv

I'd actually prefer a tabloid or iphone . It opens up a lot more possibilites with the inclusion of internet, radio, music, videos and other such things. I'd rather have that please instead of just a phone.

Um, this is modern day so I think this will somehow play out like GTA IV...

Except I think there probably will be spoofs of some cell phone retailers and you can actually walk in and purchase a new phone.

Newer Phones could come with better features or more features...

You'll somehow probably start out with a crappy Nokia or something like that tounge.gif

That'd be pretty awesome! I'd love to walk into a spoofed Apple store and buy a spoof iPhone and end up using it to beat somebody to death rampage_ani.gif

You should be able to buy different phone brands.

How about having the eye-phone (parody of iphone) and the blueberry (parody of blackberry) in the game?

I want a return of the phone; after all, who doesn't have one these days.

I hope it's just for calls/texts and no stupid "app" stuff unless it's something useful like a GPS or tracker.

as part of the in game / online features. wishlist 4 phones.

1. hope the phones have a feature that - when taking photos in game - the player has the ability 2 upload the pic directly online 2 the site of their choice.

2. in game feature where player can call friendlist friends who also own the game & are online.

TheGreene2010

Of course but no annoying calls like "Cousin... I think we should get drunk together" just mission contacts should call you and as for friends we call them, they don't call us.

I want a return of the phone; after all, who doesn't have one these days.

Me

user posted image

There will be cell phones and smartphones and it would be awesome if we were able to buy new ones. From a very basic Badger X001 with just calling and messaging options, to the iFruit, with a bunch of apps and even access to in-game's Internet. Also, it would be cool if you could make calls to any phone number in-game.

EDIT: Buying a cellphone it's optional, nobody gives you one. If you don't have one you will have to call from public phones.

Yes, but they should make it so the phone doesn't go away when you get shot or jump in water.  It's really annoying to use cheats when being shot at by cops in GTA 4....

this.

assuming cell phones will be how you access cheats

walkingsickness
You should be able to buy different phone brands.

How about having the eye-phone (parody of iphone) and the blueberry (parody of blackberry) in the game?

Im all for buying cell phones just so it isn't a point system with the protagonist money.

Of course there will be phones and this year it will be smart phones and i am willing to bet 2 iphones and a Android that we will see some spoof from Rockstar on this. And we will be using it in missions and a lot more then just to recive missions and progress the story.

i just hope you can use cheats while being shot or in the water. falling out of a helicopter in the middle of the ocean f*cking sucked.

i think they will have phones but with friends you will probably have to call them with no more of them calling you.

Intstringeger

I hope they use cell phones like in IV, I always thought it was a clever idea for an ingame interface. Niko's pals calling never was an issue, I don't know why people was so pissed with that, after all, you had the option to put your phone in sleep mode to prevent incoming calls.

This time I expect to see smartphones with the cool possibilities they bring along, like augmented reality and what not.