MORE possible evidence for multiple Cities

Vugo

Today I wanna talk about something I've noticed for a couple of days now, but haven't seen anyone bring up.

At the end of the trailer, we saw that "Shamal" private Jet 2 times in a row, in the last 2 shots, one coming down from North to South, over the Vinewood sign, and the other one we saw the same thing except from a different angle, which shows the entire city of Los Santos.

My theory is, if the aircraft is coming from the North, by the Vinewood sign and starting to going down from there, there has gotta be an airport to the NORTH of Los Santos.

Now the thing is, there can't be another airport past North of Los Santos, because all further North THERE IS NO LOS SANTOS.

We do know Rockstar said "Southern California" and not just Los Santos, BUT, there is no airport to the North of the realistic Hollywood, so how could that be explained?

The Pictures of the trailer for referance:

user posted image

user posted image

this dont need a topic. its been discussed over and over.

Whats so hard to use the search bar?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This has never been mentioned before.

Maybe you should just think about what I said, instead of claiming bullsh*t.

It was discussed as soon as the trailer was released as many people thought the same thing. He's telling the truth.

loool I dont know why you need two cities. People need to stop complaining. LA is vast and has different regions and types of areas.............And lots of open space so it can feel like your going to a different city at times................

There's certainly more than one airport in the game. Whether they're only in Los Santos + surrounding areas or in different cities is what's still in question.

It was discussed as soon as the trailer was released as many people thought the same thing. He's telling the truth.

I've seen people talking about the existance of aircraft, which is completely plausible since there are more than one airport in Los Angeles, but I've never seen anyone mentioning anything about the airplane coming from the North area of Los Angeles.

OP has a good point. I suppose the other side to that observation is that perhaps the plane flying over the Vinewood sign is just a cinematic effect that lends no credence to whether or not the aircraft is actually arriving from somewhere over the hills.

Lazy Squirrel PT

Well the planes in LC just flew around the city in a circle so maybe that's the same thing here...

those images are not evidence,

GTAIV has planes in it too, but they dont really go anywhere or can be flown in

Well the planes in LC just flew around the city in a circle so maybe that's the same thing here...

Yes, but the difference is that in Liberty City, you couldn't fly those airplanes, and it's more than evident that you will be able to fly those in this game.

Don't wanna take the happiness from your hearts, but a plane in GTA doesn't necessarily mean multiple cities. Aircrafts in general (with the player being able to ride them or not) since GTA3. They simply surround the land and that's all. The one seen flying over Vinewood may be only one of them.

This doesn't mean that we won't have rideable planes on the game. This just mean that having them won't require multiple cities.

Don't wanna take the happiness from your hearts, but a plane in GTA doesn't necessarily mean multiple cities. Aircrafts in general (with the player being able to ride them or not) since GTA3. They simply surround the land and that's all. The one seen flying over Vinewood may be only one of them.

This doesn't mean that we won't have rideable planes on the game. This just mean that having them won't require multiple cities.

Why would they show that though?

Everything on the trailer had a meaning, and if showing that airplane in the end is just for a cinematic effect, then what is the point?

I am more than sure that there is a meaning for the airplane coming from that direction, even more now that it's evident that we can actually fly those.

Whether people want to admit it or not there will not just be Los Santos, there could be lots of small towns and possible other cities.

Well, if they do have planes in the game, what would be the point without another city? In only one city, it just doesn't make much sense, even if Los Santos has more than 1 airport (in real life LA and Orange County have around 8 airports if I remember correctly).

I think this theory makes sense, and there's another thing that would support it: the Interstate highways shown in the trailer.

We know we have two numbered Interstate highways: Interstate 5 (a north-south Interstate highway), and Interstate 2 (an east-west Interstate highway).

According to the Interstate highway numbering system, per American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials standards, major, heavily traveled Interstate highways that stretch across the entire United States are given numbers divisible by 5. Therefore, it's possible that the game world stretches much farther north and south than east and west. Furthermore, the fact that I-2 is designated as an Interstate freeway would seem to suggest that it serves more than one principle metropolitan area, since there are quite a few freeways mentioned on the guide signs that aren't even numbered. Maybe there are smaller cities and towns in all four directions, but more to the north and south of LS?

Since there is no such thing as an Interstate 2 (there's a California State Route 2, but I-2 does not exist), we can assume they're not trying to simply match the numbering like in real life, so perhaps they're going by official AASHTO standards?

Thought the wealthy private jets flying over the Vinewood sign could simply mean that the rich drug-addicted celebrities that live in the area have their own private airport...

Edited by doug52392

loool I dont know why you need two cities. People need to stop complaining. LA is vast and has different regions and types of areas.............And lots of open space so it can feel like your going to a different city at times................

People are giving theories with evidence. You're the one who's complaining. I don't see any complaining in the OP's post.

The only reason why R* didn't put any planes in GTA 4 is because it's takes away the sense of realsim of being in a city. It would make sense to add planes in say 'a state', but in a single city it wouldn't make sense, and GTA on the next gen is heading for the realsim factor.

So yes, we will have more than just Los Santos, there will be another city, rest assured, I can't believe there are people still assuming LS is the only city in GTA5.

The models of these planes are for in-game use, they aren't parts of the scenery, the planes in GTA 4 were passenger planes that are only seen from the deistance, why would they show us the plane from that angle? It's basically the 3rd person view.

The way the trailer is constructed is to make the fans believe that 'the planes are back', because there weren't any in GTA4, the game is set in LS, which we all know is part of the San Andreas 'STATE', so will naturally lead most people to believe the entire state will be in the the game.

To not feature the whole state would be like a tease.

Don't people realise this?

Everything on the trailer had a meaning, and if showing that airplane in the end is just for a cinematic effect, then what is the point?

Ok, it's evident that everything on the trailer has a meaning. But maybe it's not what we think it is. I'll check some things that may be not related directly to this topic, but may explain this. Prepare yourselves for long text. tounge.gif

1. THE DOG ON THE BEACH. This doesn't mean they'll appear all the time. Maybe only on cutscenes, or even never at all. Mafia 2 trailers had cats on the streets, but only one appeared the whole game. A scene when you arrive home, and unnarmed. So it was almost an interactive cutscene.

2. THE GOLF GAME. Maybe the player won't be able to play it. Maybe it's back, as GTA4 had it.

3. CONVERTIBLE VEHICLES THAT CAN HAVE THEIR COVER ON OR NOT. Another thing that could be only something for cutscene. A magazine that reviewed GTA4 said they saw a prompt to press a button when they were close to the trunk. In the end, we didn't have it.

4. APPARENTLY RANDOM LICENSE PLATES FOR CARS. They may've fixed this that existed on GTASA but was missing on GTA4. Or maybe each car model has it's own stationary license plate, as they were on GTA3.

5. GYMS. They may be there only for eyecandy and see the NPCs using them. Or they're available back for player as they were in GTASA.

6. TRAIN TRACKS (on the scene many homeless guys are under a bridge). Again it may be only eyecandy, to represent the ones that actually exist on LA. No train is seen this time. GTACW had the same elevated subway tracks that existed on GTA4, but you couldn't ride them.

7. GUYS BEING DRAGGED OUT OF A CLUB BY A SECURITY GUARD. This can be any of the scenes programmed to happen at random. Or it can mean (1) clubs are accessible, (2) you can be throw out of a club if you cause too much trouble, or (3) you can work as a security guard just like GTA4.

8. (Finally!) THE PLANE FLYING OVER VINEWOOD. It can be the same "vanilla" planes that fly over the cities. GTASA had a problem with that because, besides the big planes that usually fly distant from the city, they also added small ones that appeared over the player. The problem was when player was downtown or on montain, as you could always spot them crashing almost close to your head. Maybe they added them back, but this time following a path (like the big one that surrounds the city) going through the city. This doesn't mean it's coming from an airport other than LAX. Maybe it's just there and flies in circles forever (or until you shoot an RPG on it tounge.gif).

This doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have all 3 cities back. I was expecting the full San Andreas as anyone else. Maybe Rockstar releases a little surprise and add them later. But with we have now, we can't say anything for sure.

Burbank is north of the Hollywood sign...

Either way, it says nothing about the map just because the plane is coming from that direction..

People are giving theories with evidence. You're the one who's complaining. I don't see any complaining in the OP's post.

The only reason why R* didn't put any planes in GTA 4 is because it's takes away the sense of realsim of being in a city. It would make sense to add planes in say 'a state', but in a single city it wouldn't make sense, and GTA on the next gen is heading for the realsim factor.

So yes, we will have more than just Los Santos, there will be another city, rest assured, I can't believe there are people still assuming LS is the only city in GTA5.

The models of these planes are for in-game use, they aren't parts of the scenery, the planes in GTA 4 were passenger planes that are only seen from the deistance, why would they show us the plane from that angle? It's basically the 3rd person view.

The way the trailer is constructed is to make the fans believe that 'the planes are back', because there weren't any in GTA4, the game is set in LS, which we all know is part of the San Andreas 'STATE', so will naturally lead most people to believe the entire state will be in the the game.

icon14.gif

Good Words

I wish there were more people like you, that would actually understand the point of a topic like this.

I really don't know why everyone keeps compareing Los Crapos to real world Los Angeles. Saying things like "there is no airport north of hollywood so there can't be one in the game". People, this game is BASED on southern california, its not an EXACT recreation! If rockstar wants to put a major airport in the middle of a desert, or on a floating platform on the ocean, they CAN! Stop assuming that the new game has to have this and that just because the real world LA has it.

As for the OP - just because the plane is decending over the vinewood sign means nothing. Modern aircraft have an AMAZING ability to turn left and right in addition to going up and down!

user posted image

BaldadigeAnton

The question isn't "are there other cities???" anymore, but the question is "what other cities are in GTA V, besides LS?"

Khm...calm down there mate.

Firstly, you or anyone here can't be sure on how many citys there will be. No need to even argue on that.

But you say that planes in GTAIV were meant for only long distance viewing... WRONG! Haven't you been to the airport? These planes are quite nicely detailed and textures aren't bad either. You can take a very close look at them. Even the wheels come out and go in on them. There were static planes at the airport too, something like Jamal. THese were nicely detailed too. And as you know, you had the opportunity to destroy two Jamal like airplanes in TBoGT. Also you had the chance to go into one. I mean, theres a 50/50 chance you can't drive planes in GTA5. I'm just saying...

Don't hate this.

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

The question isn't "are there other cities???" anymore, but the question is "what other cities are in GTA V, besides LS?"

Cities? None.

Small towns? Maybe.

user posted image

it cant be a city that is in the north of california (so no SF) and it cant be a city from another state (so no LV) because of the fact that R* announced that GTA V will be present day, SOUTHERN California...they also said GTA V will head to LS(+surrounding areas)

--> Possibility of seeing a "new" city (maybe not as big as LS itself maybe), but still a place you can say "this is another city", to have another city in GTA V is possible

If it would really play only in LS, than its logical if they say "LS and the surrounding areas"...but they teased us with "Southern California" and LS with its surrounding areas is not full Southern California, its just a small area...

Time will explain everything, i now its hard but everyone has to wait now for more statements of R* and/or a second trailer...first trailers are always used to start a groundbreaking hype about sth, to tease people, to make (in this case) a game more interesting...with second trailer R* can relax more and use the hype about their game and explain some questions the first trailer made..my guess..