Will they bring back the hood?

ZayDaGawd

Official General

But 9 times out of 10 in my experience, when you encounter someone who "loves GTA" but "hates San Andreas and all that gangbanger crap", it's basically a coded way of saying they just don't like black people.

Sad, I know.[/color]

I don't like getting into this, but I'm sorry I have to agree with you Halo. I've seen it on here many times.

Just look at the stupid sh*t that guy Jimmarn posted up in this topic earlier on page 1 or 2. He says he hates all that black gangbanger stuff and puts up a picture what kind of gangsters should be in an LA-based GTA V game. White British gangster guys wearing smart suits, the guy obviously has no clue about real-life gangs and crime in Los Angeles.

You guys better cool it down otherwise I'm locking the thread. confused.gif

Anyway I don't believe street gang culture will be as prominent in GTA V as it was in SA. It'll probably take a back seat like the mafia in GTA IV, but it would be silly not to have them involved in some fashion.

It's like setting a game in the Wild West without the Cowboys, Outlaws, Native Americans etc.

I think everything's fine now.

@Miamivicecity, what happen?

I was reading a few earlier posts that seemed to get a bit heated, but didn't realize it was from a few hours ago. Disregard what I said. Keep posting away.

Rookie mod mistake. ph34r.gif

But 9 times out of 10 in my experience, when you encounter someone who "loves GTA" but "hates San Andreas and all that gangbanger crap", it's basically a coded way of saying they just don't like black people.

Sad, I know.[/color]

I don't like getting into this, but I'm sorry I have to agree with you Halo. I've seen it on here many times.

Just look at the stupid sh*t that guy Jimmarn posted up in this topic earlier on page 1 or 2. He says he hates all that black gangbanger stuff and puts up a picture what kind of gangsters should be in an LA-based GTA V game. White British gangster guys wearing smart suits, the guy obviously has no clue about real-life gangs and crime in Los Angeles.

You see the picture he posted of those white british gangsters... Those type of guys don't even run hard in the UK anymore. If GTA was ever going to do a game in the UK they would be the last type of people. These days Eastern European gangs, Black British and white street gangs very young ripping off the americans "hood", Caribbean drug cartels those are the gangs running large.

Sad, I know.[/color]

You see the picture he posted of those white british gangsters... Those type of guys don't even run hard in the UK anymore. If GTA was ever going to do a game in the UK they would be the last type of people. These days Eastern European gangs, Black British and white street gangs very young ripping off the americans "hood", Caribbean drug cartels those are the gangs running large.

I heard the Nigerian cartel and Jamaican Posse are huge in UK. Here in Barbados, where I live( live in a nice rich part), the Jamaican posse sometimes try to smuggle drugs in Barbados.

Also the Nigerian cartel mostly controls the drug trade in Europe, I don't know if true, but I do know they've been active in Europe.

Sad, I know.[/color]

I heard the Nigerian cartel and Jamaican Posse are huge in UK. Here in Barbados, where I live( live in a nice rich part), the Jamaican posse sometimes try to smuggle drugs in Barbados.

Also the Nigerian cartel mostly controls the drug trade in Europe, I don't know if true, but I do know they've been active in Europe.

Mostly in London only though, up North, gangs work mainly the same except with people of any colour lmao

I was kinda all for another gang storyline before I saw the trailer, but the idea of playing as that bloke in the suit, who is an ex-hard guy gangster who wants to catch a break in a new city and ends up getting dragged back into everything changed my mind. If the gangsta guy is revealed as the protaganist, I probably will accept it straight away anyway lol (like I did with the idea of the suit guy)

Official General

Sad, I know.[/color]

@ Degrees

Exactly. Those traditional White British gangsters in 'suits' that Jimmarn thinks are super-cool and invincible are not even that significant in the British underworld itself. The UK underworld (mostly based in London) are more dominated by foreign gangs and ethnic minority gangs these days. Nowadays in London, organized crime and drugs are controlled or dominated by Turkish, Eastern European, Albanian, West African (mostly Nigerian), Caribbean (namely Jamaican) and to some extent Chinese and South Asian criminal groups.

I told you, he's got too much Guy Ritchie in his system.

@ The Made Man

Nigerian criminal groups are very active in most Western countries and they definitely very active in the UK and Europe. Nigerian gangs do pose a very big problem for many UK and European law enforcement authorities and they are major players in drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeit, smuggling, car theft, and prostitution (in Italy mainly).

Edited by Official General

Sad, I know.[/color]

Mostly in London only though, up North, gangs work mainly the same except with people of any colour lmao

I was kinda all for another gang storyline before I saw the trailer, but the idea of playing as that bloke in the suit, who is an ex-hard guy gangster who wants to catch a break in a new city and ends up getting dragged back into everything changed my mind. If the gangsta guy is revealed as the protaganist, I probably will accept it straight away anyway lol (like I did with the idea of the suit guy)

I just want a Mexican Cartel and multiple protagonist. I could care less about everything else.

With multiple protagonist everybody wins.

Actually, mentioning the North of England, if they did it, this guy would need to be protaganist - most terrifying TV character ever xD...until they made him start going to dancing classes biggrin.gif

user posted image

Sad, I know.[/color]

I'm not sure if the Jamaican cartel are as big as they once was in the 90s because recently the Albanians gangs seem to take over a large amount of drugs in the London area anyway. I still believe the Jamaican posse are big in other areas like Birmingham.

The Albanians imo are the strongest gang in the UK. They are heavly involved in the sex trade.

Sad, I know.[/color]

I'm not sure if the Jamaican cartel are as big as they once was in the 90s because recently the Albanians gangs seem to take over a large amount of drugs in the London area anyway. I still believe the Jamaican posse are big in other areas like Birmingham.

The Albanians imo are the strongest gang in the UK. They are heavly involved in the sex trade.

I heard of them, I also think they may be present in GTA V. Since they are present in LA, from what I heard.

@ The Made man

An Albanian gang in GTA IV made a small impact working for Jimmy P's family. But they seemed to be a bit like bikers. I guess they're a lot more active in the UK than in America.

@ The Made man

An Albanian gang in GTA IV made a small impact working for Jimmy P's family. But they seemed to be a bit like bikers. I guess they're a lot more active in the UK than in America.

Yeah.

"The hood" being in V is surely as certain as death and taxes?! Now, I don't know if they are still killing each other - last I knew from documentaries, the worst gang warfare of recent times is/was black and latin race wars, but even if this is not the case, and gangs killing each other isn't as prevelant anymore, you will always have gangs, especially in LA.

Now, that said, will we see "THE" hood? As in Grove St and the rest of Ganton, I REALLY hope so, if they recreate Ganton as a more acurate version of Compton (its obvious counterpart), then sadly, I don't think it will. I hope they do keep the original hood though - can you imagine how popular Grove St. will be as an online deathmatch location with the San An heads (like me)

BTW, slightly off topic, but can anyone find a Cul de sac with an overpass/bridge going across it in Compton an google maps? I remember trying but with no success - if someone can, then Grove St stands a much better chance of being in the new LS.

Official General

I heard of them, I also think they may be present in GTA V. Since they are present in LA, from what I heard.

@ The Made Man

I think you really mean the Armenians and not the Albanians. The Armenian criminal groups have a very strong presence in Los Angeles and Southern California. They are heavily involved in drugs, gun-running, counterfeit, etc, and they are apparently very organized and ruthless. You meant the Armenians.

Albanian criminal groups are do not really have a known presence in the USA in California or the whole West Coast. They are more active on the East Coast, and even then, they are almost entirely concentrated within the New York City area.

@ namelss

I've seen the same cul-de-sac in the movie Training Day, which was filmed in south-central LA, real gang neighbourhoods.

@ The Made Man

I think you really mean the Armenians and not the Albanians. The Armenian criminal groups have a very strong presence in Los Angeles and Southern California. They are heavily involved in drugs, gun-running, counterfeit, etc, and they are apparently very organized and ruthless. You meant the Armenians.

Albanian criminal groups are do not really have a known presence in the USA in California or the whole West Coast. They are more active on the East Coast, and even then, they are almost entirely concentrated within the New York City area.

Silly me. blush.gif

I absolutely loved GTA: SA, and would be happy if they just upgraded the graphics and storyline! Hahahaha.