Will they bring back the hood?

ZayDaGawd

How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

hahaha, a new GTA release really brings the best back doesn't it.

WbZaxRP.png

They can do a lot more than a gangster themed story in a city such as Los Santos. I don't think they will return to the gangster theme, as they're a lot more creative than that sort of thing in my opinion. Once was enough. We do not want this game to develop in to a rip off of a previous GTA game, although I'm sure that it won't.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

First off, you are very stereotypical, aren't you? Not all people who live in ghettos are African American. Second off, Los Angeles is known for its large areas of poor neighborhoods.

That being said, yes, I can imagine maybe a gang area in Los Angeles.

Ikr. And the African Adventure? What kind of moron are you? Africa is one of the Independence country in the world.

R* don't agree with stereotypes, why you think people wanna Ban this video game? Come on bud, get real and get with the program.

Anyone who doesn't realize there will be a DLC game for GTA V that has you playing as a member of the Families or Ballas is a f*ckin simple minded retard with no foresight whatsoever.

They can do a lot more than a gangster themed story in a city such as Los Santos. I don't think they will return to the gangster theme, as they're a lot more creative than that sort of thing in my opinion. Once was enough. We do not want this game to develop in to a rip off of a previous GTA game, although I'm sure that it won't.

What do you mean once was enough? How many times have they done the mob story? If anything thats the boring sh*t..

Rockstar!!!

I want.....

MS13 gang

Bloods

Crips

18th street gang

Mexican Mafia

Mexican Cartels

Asian gangs

ect

You better have those.....

^^^

I'm sure that with the game being in So Cal I would say that the Bloods, Crips, and Mexican Mafia will be there. I'd bet a Latino gang will be included too.

I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

Millions of people do not relate to 'ghetto'. Get your facts right.

I'm sick of this obsession with the 'imma go cap dat gangstas ass.' It's awful and vulgar. I want the protagoniost to be disinguished and sophisticated. I hope Rockstar don't take ideas from this forum, especially the V section.

and for you guys thinking that there will be a mafia gang in GTA V, your just beating a dead horse, because LA barely has any Mafia's.... Now if GTAV had LV, then there would be Mafia families.

Also I've rather have gangs/cartels then Mafia's. I mean the mafia are dying and are getting there asses handed to them by the Gov't. Gangs and Latino gangs especially are way more ruthless and brutal then the Mafia...

And for you guys saying street gangs are dumb.... Well Street gangs from LA can make up to $1million dollers by selling crack and stuff...

Edited by The Made Man

Buffalo Soldier

If Grove Street doesn't return I'll feel hurt, as if everything in SA was for nothing and they died out.

I at least hope for some references to them and The Ballas if we're not going to see Sweet/CJ or anyone.

And yeah I hope there is a few new gangs and ghettos thrown around the map - I want it to be like in Mafia 2 where you literally sh*t yourself to drive through China Town.

I want to get into abit of trouble with one gang and then whenever I have to drive through or walk through their hood, I'll be very cautious incase I get jumped.

Breaking Bohan

Hell yeah I hope the bring back the hood. Not sure I want entire game to focus on it, but part of story for sure. It is fun to fight your way out of hood and become a sophisticated pimp after getting awesome haircut and shopping at Victim (which I also hope they bring back) or jack nice cars and take em back to hood.

People, understand for once, that this isn't San Andreas. It's a completelly different game in a similar place. It's new, not old rdone. It has landmarks that are similar to LA, old LS also had them. Thats just so that it would resemble LA.

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

Yeah, it can have hoods, I just don't wanna be near them... or I wanna pick up a baseball bat and beat the sh*t of every "gangsta" around. Hoods are stupid ideas, especially for a game that is played by millions and may influence people's ideas. I don't wanna see some 12 year old kid running around pretending to be a gangbanger. Crime is a gentleman's game and seeing some dudes running around "Yo nigga, u liv on 65th street homie, I'mma shoot yo ass down." is a turn-off for someone who looks for a story with a purpose... not like SA where you start off shooting some dudes dressed in purple because they're in your "turf"... it was pointless shooting, it was a terrible beginning for the story.

^^^ so ur telling me you would rather walk around the streets of la bored out ur brains no action on the streets

theres always gonna b action in the ghetto hoods of la

I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

I'm sick of this obsession with the 'imma go cap dat gangstas ass.' It's awful and vulgar. I want the protagoniost to be disinguished and sophisticated. I hope Rockstar don't take ideas from this forum, especially the V section.

I concur, the only time the story should return to the 'hood' is to be able to clean up the neighbourhood Death Wish style, and that's the only reason why I think ghetto's should be included.

Yeah, it can have hoods, I just don't wanna be near them... or I wanna pick up a baseball bat and beat the sh*t of every "gangsta" around. Hoods are stupid ideas, especially for a game that is played by millions and may influence people's ideas. I don't wanna see some 12 year old kid running around pretending to be a gangbanger. Crime is a gentleman's game and seeing some dudes running around "Yo nigga, u liv on 65th street homie, I'mma shoot yo ass down." is a turn-off for someone who looks for a story with a purpose... not like SA where you start off shooting some dudes dressed in purple because they're in your "turf"... it was pointless shooting, it was a terrible beginning for the story.

WTH do you mean crime is a gentlemen's game? Everyone commits crime! LA crime is majority from street gangs! If there will be a organized group it will be the Triads, Korean Mob or Mexican Cartel, since those groups are in LA ad not the Mafia...

Well don't worry there's quite a few spooks in the trailer I'm sure y'all have it ok

come on mate you complain but you loved San Andreas and you still bought the game...........Speaking of ghettos you havent been to Bulgaria etc then no? Loads of white people under poverty lines.........To think only black americans live in the ghetto is ignoramus talk and just plain stupid.

and you say it like its a bad or diseased thing. some people have no choice and are born into it. Its what you do about it that makes you who you are. If you get out and make something of yourself then you are a better man/woman than most than If Ive had a silver spoon all my life

This icon14.gif

I just want grove street back, even if it has nothing to do with the storyline.

It would be awesome to see CJ's house but seeing at what R* has done with Liberty City I probably think it is gone... confused.gif

Only time will tell...

No. It would be a unoriginal of R* if they did so. They already explored the 'hoods' in SA, why do it again?

I sure hope not, I want it to be more classy than that! Able to bring along friends okey, but that Gangsta yo hood. No thanks....

They'll probably be there, but I hope it doesn't involve the protagonist.

So people in the hood can't be classy? confused.gifdevil.gif You're pushin' it honkey tounge2.gif

You get what I'm trying to say...

I mean that I like this:'

user posted image

rather than this:

user posted image

Why can't the "gangsters" look like this?

user posted image

You know, the criminal mastermind from the most critically acclaimed piece of organized crime fiction of all time?

WTH do you mean crime is a gentlemen's game? Everyone commits crime! LA crime is majority from street gangs! If there will be a organized group it will be the Triads, Korean Mob or Mexican Cartel, since those groups are in LA ad not the Mafia...

That's why it shouldn't be in LA... sure it's got a great scenery and sh*t, but no real "crime syndicates". A bunch of niggas pointlessly shooting at each other is crime, but it's stupid low-life crime. Crime itself is more about having a purpose, a motive. I don't wanna have to go through a mission and shoot some East LA Mexicans because they're from East LA... there is no way there could be a proper story with "hoods". That's why SA's story was so bad, R* worked on the gameplay. CJ had no motive at all basically. He got into some gang and shot other niggas for being in his turf... what the f*ck is the point of that?

LA is essentially a terrible location to make a game since the story is bound to suck if the "ghetto" is involved. Think about it...

"I'm gonna kill them because they were in my turf." It's ridiculously stupid.

I'm sorry if I'm offending you hoodrats, but it seems that a lot of people don't understand the essence of a good story. Just because you skip over cutscenes to get to the action doesn't mean the story is unimportant to the game.

Its not a question of them having a ghetto, they most likely will, its a question of how will it fit into the story.

This thread is full of these ignorant, borderline racist comments about "the hood". The Wire, more ambitious and intelligent than "gentleman crime" fiction like The Godfather, Goodfellas, and the Sopranos, focused entirely on "the hood", and it turned out to be moving, intelligent, once a lifetime drama. "The hood" is not inherently "yo yo homie" crap, it's the writers who depict it as such. If the writers at Rockstar are incapable of depicting "the hood" in the distinguished/sophisticated reality that it actually can be, then blame the writers for being talentless and stereotypical.

What if the game had a protagonist like Propsition Joe from The Wire, or Stringer Bell from the Wire. They are head over heels more sophisticated than generic stock italian mobsters depicted in most fiction. And they are from "the hood".

And as far as "they already did the hood" comments. What kind of crap is that? How many times have games done the mafia? Street Gangs are far more prevalent in L.A. Do people think the ONLY depiction of "the hood" that exist is what they see in rap videos? Or that it's as shallow as what the media has fed them? Are you that ignorant?

There are infinite sophisticated storylines that explore organized crime in the hood that a talented writer could come up with. And those storylines would naturally intertwine with storylines that focus on other areas of crime aside from gangbanging (political and police corruption, money laundering, social commentary, etc).

The reason Rockstar chose the Boyz N Da Hood angle in San Andreas was because that was a defining era of the times. Riots, racial discrimination, rise of gangs and drugs, and black on black crime. It was a relevant story to explore. But there are far more reaching stories out there that goes beyound 1992 gangbanging. If Rockstar is going for the more serious apprach, then giving "the hood", more ambitious treatment could be a natural step.

What was shown in San Andreas was the first level of "the hood". Dope boys on the street corner. Do some of you think that is ALL that exist? Pick up a book. Or pick up The Wire.

All of that said, I don't care what the plot is about. It doesnt have to be the hood at all (more concerned about gameplay and being able to do things with they accumulated money). But the ignorant comments in here were too much to take. Stupid people and their stereotypical ideas, where black and in the hood is "stupid and vulgar", and somehow that is all that can exist in fiction.

user posted image

(Marlo Stanfield orginization says hi}

Edited by DorianDon

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

lol at crimes a gentleman's game. Crime's anyone game, kids can do it, housewives can do it, hell even my dog can do it!

This thread is full of these ignorant, borderline racist comments about "the hood". The Wire, more ambitious and intelligent than "gentleman crime" fiction like The Godfather, Goodfellas, and the Sopranos, focused entirely on "the hood", and it turned out to be moving, intelligent, once a lifetime drama. "The hood" is not inherently "yo yo homie" crap, it's the writers who depict it as such. If the writers at Rockstar are incapable of depicting "the hood" in the distinguished/sophisticated reality that it actually can be, then blame the writers for being talentless and stereotypical.

What if the game had a protagonist like Propsition Joe from The Wire, or Stringer Bell from the Wire. They are head over heels more sophisticated than generic stock italian mobsters depicted in most fiction. And they are from "the hood".

And as far as "they already did the hood" comments. What kind of crap is that? How many times have games done the mafia? Street Gangs are far more prevalent in L.A. Do people think the ONLY depiction of "the hood" that exist is what they see in rap videos? Or that it's as shallow as what the media has fed them? Are you that ignorant?

There are infinite sophisticated storylines that explore organized crime in the hood that a talented writer could come up with. And those storylines would naturally intertwine with storylines that focus on other areas of crime aside from gangbanging (political and police corruption, money laundering, social commentary, etc).

The reason Rockstar chose the Boyz N Da Hood angle in San Andreas was because that was a defining era of the times. Riots, racial discrimination, rise of gangs and drugs, and black on black crime. It was a relevant story to explore. But there are far more reaching stories out there that goes beyound 1992 gangbanging. If Rockstar is going for the more serious apprach, then giving "the hood", more ambitious treatment could be a natural step.

What was shown in San Andreas was the first level of "the hood". Dope boys on the street corner. Do some of you think that is ALL that exist? Pick up a book. Or pick up The Wire.

All of that said, I don't care what the plot is about. It doesnt have to be the hood at all (more concerned about gameplay and being able to do things with they accumulated money). But the ignorant comments in here were too much to take. Stupid people and their stereotypical ideas, where black and in the hood is "stupid and vulgar", and somehow that is all that can exist in fiction.

user posted image

(Marlo Stanfield orginization says hi}

Very good points icon14.gif

Buffalo Soldier

That's why it shouldn't be in LA... sure it's got a great scenery and sh*t, but no real "crime syndicates". A bunch of niggas pointlessly shooting at each other is crime, but it's stupid low-life crime. Crime itself is more about having a purpose, a motive. I don't wanna have to go through a mission and shoot some East LA Mexicans because they're from East LA... there is no way there could be a proper story with "hoods". That's why SA's story was so bad, R* worked on the gameplay. CJ had no motive at all basically. He got into some gang and shot other niggas for being in his turf... what the f*ck is the point of that?

LA is essentially a terrible location to make a game since the story is bound to suck if the "ghetto" is involved. Think about it...

I'm sorry if I'm offending you hoodrats, but it seems that a lot of people don't understand the essence of a good story. Just because you skip over cutscenes to get to the action doesn't mean the story is unimportant to the game.

Personally I think SA had the best story of all the games, better than IV's - which everyone seems to love.

I just think it started of great with the whole murder of CJ's mother - that set it off great, it was more about finding out what happened to her or trying to get vengeance.

So I wouldn't say it was just about 'capping him because he walked on the street'.

Although it DID become like that in the latter stages, I think San Andreas' story went from being an emotional, interesting thing - to some bollocks about flying a plane and shooting black guys because they wore purple shorts; once Sweet went inside.

Hood rats? I'm not even from America(But I've have visited it a lot of times), I live a nice life here in Barbados.... smile.gif

Also I could care less about street gangs, I really just want Mexican Cartels or Hells Angels(since they are big in Cali).

What I'm trying to say is the Mafia thing has been done a million times in GTA. I understand some of your points, but CJ wanted t leave the ghetto and also he worked for the Triads and became rich, living the LA dream...

I like a good story, I liked GTA 4 because it explained the Russian Mafia. I don't care if GTA V focus on the Cartels, Street gangs,Triads, Korean Mob, Biker gangs, whatever! The point is the Mafia has already proven itself and we seen the same crap, over and over again.... I want to see something new... I want see R explore a new crime group. That is why I think the Mexican Cartel will be good. They are brutal and ruthless and put you on the edge of your seat. The Mafia will just be dull and boring.

I can care less about the ghetto. But I would like to see R explore MS13, since they are in 6 different countries and the USA Gov't considers them a terrorist group.... Sorry for my grammar/spelling....

Also saying "sorry if I offend you hood rats," is coming off a bit racist...