Will they bring back the hood?

ZayDaGawd

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

I am one of the millions of other people who play games but I don't enjoy or relate '' playin in the ghetto'', i would rather play as some smart gangster, not some dumb street thug.

Dumb? CJ was far from dumb, the guy ended up being a business man and tried to stay away from the hood

I liked CJ (way more than Niko) but he did come off as kind of goofy and lost at times, he wasn't as savvy as some of the other characters we've seen

well niko came from europe with hopes and dreams and having them crushed in day one didn't make him a goofball like CJ and tommy. Als R8 made CJ like that to make him unique, with feelings and not just a coldblooded killer like the ones before him.

The hood should be back with a reduced role, we never really saw the other side of Santos in San Andreas, thanks to having three cities

Denise Robinson
' date='Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 16:41'] Okay I'll clear up the misconceptions about some of the stereotypes in this thread and give my opinion on this.

A lot of ghettos in America are not filled with just blacks or Latinos, in fact most are very mixed and people from all different ethnicities live in them and participate in gang activity, including white people. Gang members usually aren't "dumb" but they do wear a mask of ignorance to inspire a sense of fear and recklessness to ward off potential threats. That's why I think CJ was such an awesome character, he was an intelligent guy caught in the struggle but he handled business like any gang member would.

To say there wont be ghettos or gangs in this game and that they wont hold a part in the story is wishful thinking at best. Gang culture is symbolic of Los Angeles and many of these gangs intermingle with organized crime families. If Rockstar are looking to properly emulate this there will definitely be involvement with gangs.

Who knows though!

I agree with what you are saying I really hope they do bring back the hoods wouldn't be GTA without them.

I think it will be there but not as a main feature. Maybe some gang themed expansion pack will focus on those areas. Like TLAD focused on the bikers in IV.

I sure hope not, I want it to be more classy than that! Able to bring along friends okey, but that Gangsta yo hood. No thanks....

They'll probably be there, but I hope it doesn't involve the protagonist.

So people in the hood can't be classy? confused.gifdevil.gif You're pushin' it honkey tounge2.gif

You get what I'm trying to say...

I mean that I like this:'

user posted image

rather than this:

user posted image

Millionsofdeadcops

im hoping they will. the whole hollywood/beverly hills/bel air portrayal of LA has been done to death in countless movies, games, and songs. i hope to god Rockstar doesn't do the Hollywood thing in GTA5 because that's so overdone.

i'm kind of hoping that GTA 5 will take some inspiration from shows such as Southland... Southland portrays LA crime and gangs in a way that is realistic and gritty. Look at this scene for example:

im hoping they will. the whole hollywood/beverly hills/bel air portrayal of LA has been done to death in countless movies, games, and songs. i hope to god Rockstar doesn't do the Hollywood thing in GTA5 because that's so overdone.

and the whole 'gangsta' hasnt been overdone countless times?

Millionsofdeadcops

user posted image

too bad there are absolutely 0 gangs in LA that look like those people.

Millionsofdeadcops

yes, but poorly. i'm hoping Rockstar will portray crime and gangs in a way that people from LA can actually relate to.

user posted image

too bad there are absolutely 0 gangs in LA that look like those people.

Really? There is NO existance of guys that is dealing drugs and are criminals in a more "classy" style? Kind of like Vice City, Godfather etc.

Every criminal is wearing hoods, bandannas and regular "pimped" rap style clothing???

Then I sure hope that there's more to the game then just LA. Well I mean Los Santos

If Vegas is in it, there sure is a few "classy" criminals there, "getting the job done"

Edited by Jimmarn

Millionsofdeadcops

actually, i'm sure there are. i'm thinking maybe lawyers who sell coke occasionally but don't actually represent "gang life" in LA. regardless, those guys look like they would get eaten alive in LA. i would feel like i'm playing a bad Hollywood movie if there were characters like that in GTA 5.

Yeah, as I think the white guy is the main protagonist he sure seems exactly as the type of guy I wanted.

So fingers crossed for not too much gangsta yo stuff...

But I doubt the ywill get eaten alive, it's pictures from an old gangster group from England

Edited by Jimmarn

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

not as much as the whole mob style type of gangsters

this is why i think multiple characters from different criminal backgrounds will work

I don't want a nasty ghetto area, I like the upper class areas like Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. Being around those nasty poverty stricken gangs just doesn't sound appealing.

user posted image

I don't want a nasty ghetto area, I like the upper class areas like Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. Being around those nasty poverty stricken gangs just doesn't sound appealing.

My point exactly

How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

i laughed so hard, tears formed in my eyes

LOL at those cornballs in the picture. I'm sure they're pretty tough in England, but they wouldn't last 30 seconds in Compton. And the race of the protaganist hasn't been revealed, so don't wet your klan suit just yet.

Living in the LA area.. and having affiliation with gangs (DOES NOT MEAN I'M A MEMBER) I know some sh*t.. and this game literally has to have the hood, and gangs because LA has a large number of hoods.. specifically EAST LA and SOUTH LA.. and getting gangs under control has become the HUGEST problem for LA officials.. you cannot leave something so vital out, and I'm sure R* knows this.

Living in the LA area.. and having affiliation with gangs (DOES NOT MEAN I'M A MEMBER) I know some sh*t.. and this game literally has to have the hood, and gangs because LA has a large number of hoods.. specifically EAST LA and SOUTH LA.. and getting gangs under control has become the HUGEST problem for LA officials.. you cannot leave something so vital out, and I'm sure R* knows this.

Of course they know it. We're not talking about the 2nd Street Houligans from some bumf*ck place in England here. Bloods and Crips are so rampant in LA that it simply IS NOT LA without them. So it's guaranteed that they will play a part in the game.

I think its going to be more street gangs then mafia.But the close thing you probably get from mafia is probably corrupt rich guys.

Of course they know it. We're not talking about the 2nd Street Houligans from some bumf*ck place in England here. Bloods and Crips are so rampant in LA that it simply IS NOT LA without them. So it's guaranteed that they will play a part in the game.

Exactly! I moved form ATL back in 04 i was young.. and I thought it was bad there.. i basically have grown up in LA now and have friends on all sides, RSC's, H52e'sr, 13's , 2P's, DLB's list goes on and on... known people killed for knowing people.. have friends on trial RIGHT now for murder.. and I can honestly say none of this would happen if I didn't move to California.

Yeah, I don't have any doubt that they'll be there but I just don't want any affiliation with their kind

user posted image

God I f*cking hope not. I absolutely loved SA, but man it was hard to play with all the hood sh*t inbetween. I wouldn't mind parts of it being in the game, but I hope to god they don't focus a major part of the story on it.

POm4xuo.png

We know for a fact East LA will be represented in the game and we saw the area where the black guy was running from the cops in the alley so yea, the hood will be in GTA V and with that, gangs.

Now, will they be OGF and Ballas? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

LMFAO Soooooooo true!

If you're just referring to South Central and other gheto neighborhoods, of course they'll appear in the game. R* knows LA would be incomplete without Compton. And as for Grove Street, I think there's definitely going to be some sort of obvious reference to Grove Street.