Will they bring back the hood?

ZayDaGawd

Even if its not the entire state on San Andreas, its still Los Angeles at the very least. I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

Do you guys want to see the hood again? Im not even talking about the whole game being focused on it, but atleast make it some part of the story again.

theres bound to be a lot of hoods, weather the story focuses on them or not.... and street gangs 2.

ikillionaire ii

Would love to go visit grove street again so hope thats there maybe with CJs house as a buyable safehouse

How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

theres a ghetto in most, probably all cities on earth......

and every GTA so far has had more, then 1 "ghetto / run down area / rough area etc"

EDIT : i take back "all cities on earth" i know of some cities that are mad small, like villages almost.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

iGrandTheftAuto
Would love to go visit grove street again so hope thats there maybe with CJs house as a buyable safehouse

That's a good idea. icon14.gif

user posted image

How about NO! This is GTA... not African Adventures. U want a good ghetto game go play Zoo Tycoon

First off, you are very stereotypical, aren't you? Not all people who live in ghettos are African American. Second off, Los Angeles is known for its large areas of poor neighborhoods.

That being said, yes, I can imagine maybe a gang area in Los Angeles.

The_Mario_Man

It wouldn't be L.A. without one.

And from what I can gather from the trailer (the black guy being chased through a rundown alley by cops), I'd say it's back in full force, but I don't think it's the central element of the game this time around.

Edited by The_Mario_Man

Lol, you can't have LA without the "hood" and if you're going to be racist at least be clever

I sure hope not, I want it to be more classy than that! Able to bring along friends okey, but that Gangsta yo hood. No thanks....

They'll probably be there, but I hope it doesn't involve the protagonist.

Lol, you can't have LA without the "hood" and if you're going to be racist at least be clever

this icon14.gif

There will probably be ghettos, and hopefully they'll be at the other side of the barrel if you catch my drift.

General Goose

Lol racist.

And it's a definite the hood and street gangs will appear. I'd rather not have a story focused on them (not my favourite aspect of crime), but if they do, I'm cool with that. Regardless, I personally think they'll do what III and IV did; instead of focusing on a particular type of gang, have the player drift from one type to another.

I personally think they'll do what III and IV did; instead of focusing on a particular type of gang, have the player drift from one type to another.

I think so too. However, I think the Ghetto gangs will play a big part in the story.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

I sure hope not, I want it to be more classy than that! Able to bring along friends okey, but that Gangsta yo hood. No thanks....

I actually hope it involves the protagonist, if the multiple protagonist rumor it's true then we could play with different people with different criminal background

f*ck you cracker, we all know there wont be any Klan meetings in the game, why are you even buying it?

Silly racist remark there mate. Grow up dozingoff.gif

They dont need to focus on the hood again, but every country has a ghetto. But maybe show a different side of society this time. They can be part of the story ofcourse.

So people in the hood can't be classy? confused.gifdevil.gif You're pushin' it honkey tounge2.gif

Well don't worry there's quite a few spooks in the trailer I'm sure y'all have it ok

come on mate you complain but you loved San Andreas and you still bought the game...........Speaking of ghettos you havent been to Bulgaria etc then no? Loads of white people under poverty lines.........To think only black americans live in the ghetto is ignoramus talk and just plain stupid.

and you say it like its a bad or diseased thing. some people have no choice and are born into it. Its what you do about it that makes you who you are. If you get out and make something of yourself then you are a better man/woman than most than If Ive had a silver spoon all my life

I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

Were you in your high-school's debating team? That was a well-constructed plea for the inclusion of ghetto's in GTA V. Me? I think ghetto's are an unmistakeable part of LA and they should be included. I just wouldn't like a character like CJ though. I find it hard to sympathise with a gangbanger, even more so than a Serbian hitman for example.

I know some of you mark ass bustas hate playin in the "ghetto" but me and the millions of other people who play games enjoy and relate to it.

I am one of the millions of other people who play games but I don't enjoy or relate '' playin in the ghetto'', i would rather play as some smart gangster, not some dumb street thug.

I am one of the millions of other people who play games but I don't enjoy or relate '' playin in the ghetto'', i would rather play as some smart gangster, not some dumb street thug.

So just because he's blacc that makes him dumb?

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

Dumb? CJ was far from dumb, the guy ended up being a business man and tried to stay away from the hood

BigAmericanTitties

I dont see why there wouldnt be. Theres "hoods" in any major city, and LA is particularly famous for them

TheIntellectualz

Every GTA has some kind of ghetto or slum area where gangs are prevalent. I don't think this will be any different.

So just because he's blacc that makes him dumb?

Where in his post did he even refer to his skin color?

Dumb? CJ was far from dumb, the guy ended up being a business man and tried to stay away from the hood

I liked CJ (way more than Niko) but he did come off as kind of goofy and lost at times, he wasn't as savvy as some of the other characters we've seen

Maybe this is where the multiple playable characters come in, could be that guy running from the cops that is linked to all the gangs. I saw no gangs in the trailers, but yet we haven't seen A LOT of things we want to see in the trailer confused.gif . It's Los Angeles, of course there will be street gangs, and it's Los Santos and maybe there are new gangs mixed in with the old (OGF, Ballas, Aztecas, Vagos. etc etc). All in all they WILL put in street gangs, it wouldn't be Los Angeles with out it. Excluding gangs from LA is like excluding tourists from NYC, it ain't going to happen. The only question to ask is if it will be a part of the storyline. IMO that would be great inlove.gif . I hope they include gang wars or by the least make sure that you can interact in someway with the gangs.

Okay I'll clear up the misconceptions about some of the stereotypes in this thread and give my opinion on this.

A lot of ghettos in America are not filled with just blacks or Latinos, in fact most are very mixed and people from all different ethnicities live in them and participate in gang activity, including white people. Gang members usually aren't "dumb" but they do wear a mask of ignorance to inspire a sense of fear and recklessness to ward off potential threats. That's why I think CJ was such an awesome character, he was an intelligent guy caught in the struggle but he handled business like any gang member would.

To say there wont be ghettos or gangs in this game and that they wont hold a part in the story is wishful thinking at best. Gang culture is symbolic of Los Angeles and many of these gangs intermingle with organized crime families. If Rockstar are looking to properly emulate this there will definitely be involvement with gangs.

Who knows though!

Edited by [µT]