Why GTA V's trailer looks so much different

DlZZEE

It's like GTA has lost it's vibe. The mood is completely different and I feel peacefullness in it(which is bad and because of it you might lose the desire to kill and mess around with civilians). I also kinda looks like saints row(i hate that game). I don't care about the game features, graphics etc, just keep the god damned GTA's spirit in it.

Harwood Butch3r

I'm not sure how they can keep the GTA "spirit" when everyone views it differently.

The trailer had a lot of action which is unique when you look at past trailers. Not sure how you're getting a "peaceful vibe", but yeah.

As for looking like Saints Row? confused.gif

The vice city trailer also had peacefulness in it, but that didn't stop it from being an awesome game.

The other trailers will be more violent, this was just kinda a video to get acquainted to the vibe and the city of Los Santos.

And i think this game looks nothing like saints row,

Saints row is more over the top, cartoony.

It's supposed to be peaceful because it's showing you the city etc, the 2nd trailer will have alot more violence in it I think and L.A at night is far from peaceful it's dark and gritty in some parts.

It doesn't look like Saints Row at all. To me, it looks similar in style to GTA IV, but in a brighter, more lively, (and in my opinion more interesting) setting.

It definitely had that "GTA spirit" about it.

You're talking about a trailer made by Rockstar here.

Rockstar always create their own style. icon14.gif

It's supposed to be peaceful because it's showing you the city etc, the 2nd trailer will have alot more violence in it I think and L.A at night is far from peaceful it's dark and gritty in some parts.

I'm hoping the mountains and countryside at night is also a dangerous place... grizzly bears and cougars etc wink.gif

R* always try to advertise the GTA cities like a postcard. That's basically what the trailer is, a Postcard for Los Santos... with a bit of bank robbery and stuff inbetween.

Also why the trailer looks like a movie trailer, I doubt if there were any gameplay footage, R* had never done something like this before.

Comparing the first Grand Theft Auto V trailer to the

the GTA V trailer certainly had a lot more action in it and certainly showed off more in terms of the game and the setting, and it had a lot more life to it which indicates a more lively, bright, action-intense game. GTA IV's first trailer was more dark and only really showed off scenes of the city (with a few narrated lines at the end).

I think that, based on the trailer; will have a lot of action in it but I think it will have a lot of busywork to it also, in my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

Harwood Butch3r

the GTA V trailer certainly had a lot more action in it and certainly showed off more in terms of the game and the setting, and it had a lot more life to it which indicates a more lively, bright, action-intense game. GTA IV's first trailer was more dark and only really showed off scenes of the city (with a few narrated lines at the end).

I think that, based on the trailer; will have a lot of action in it but I think it will have a lot of busywork to it also, in my opinion.

Keep in mind GTA IV's was showing off R.A.G.E which was never used on that scale before. If anything GTA V's is like TLAD's and TBOGT's were IMO.

Perhaps the start had a calm vibe until it showed the car chase, robbery and the guy being chased from the cops.

The GTA4 trailer wasn't good at all. It didn't reveal much about the game, apart from the location which everyone was debating about back then, so it settled that, and the graphics, but it didn't show us much else. The GTA5 trailer, on the other hand is a lot more revealing, and interesting.

I really cannot see how it will put anyone off killing or affect the way we play GTA games negatively.

Firstly, it looks nothing like saints row.

Secondly, are watching diffrent trailers, this was an action packed trailer.

Thirdly, in every first trailer in a GTA game, there has been a peaceful atmosphere

I'm not talking about action, I'm talking about the "aggresivness" and excitement in game, which I barely felt in GTA V's trailer.

I completely disagree...

There have been so many GTA games and R* NEVER lost the spirit...

maybe a little less madness and a little more realism (like SA->IV) but still the spirit and the epicness was there...

They will not lose it know!

This is going to be the best GTA game ever as always (until GTA 6)

I'm not sure how anyone can view the current trailer as 'bright' in any way. Sure it starts out glamorous but it is then quick to show you 'behind the scenes' to show how as much as the media portrays things as going well (even the family man mentions he moved there because he wanted a life with his family like on TV) they are not perfect at all. Economic crisis breeds crime and I think the trailer hinted at this is a truly subtle and remarkable way.

It's like GTA has lost it's vibe. The mood is completely different and I feel peacefullness in it(which is bad and because of it you might lose the desire to kill and mess around with civilians). I also kinda looks like saints row(i hate that game). I don't care about the game features, graphics etc, just keep the god damned GTA's spirit in it.

I think you expected some gang wars and those kind of stuff? Just because is back in LS doesn't it is the old story again... its about the financial crisis, money and god knows what else

Seriously OP? Lost its vibe? GTA is more alive than ever IMO. GTA isn't just a open-world 3PS, it's a masterful work of art with new gameplay elements being added every game to prevent it from going stale and it's evolved quite well from its GTA III (or GTA 1) roots.

Edited by .Olbricht.

'looks like saints row' ?!?!.. gta can never look like SR. u can say SR looks like GTA couse thats where 'their concept' came from, but that would be a huge compliment to SR. Couse SR is like an evil twin that learks in the shadow. smile.gif

it may be funn and i dont know.. (couse i played it for about two secounds and realized -NO-) but i can safely say that GTA will never be like SR and that GTA spirit will die only when the last GTA player stops playing it (maybe not even then smile.gif ).

this was a teaser trailer, it intoduced the city, sorroundings, financial situation and new features. we just got a glimpse and more info will follow. can't wait biggrin.gif

Effy in Chains

It looks nothing like Saints Row.

GTA:V looks like SA with improved & more colourful IV graphics.

Zs936OL.gif

Disagree

I always have "the GTA spirit" every time I watch the trailer, especially when "Grand Theft Auto : V" appeared on the screen. I feel so relax and some kind of..... something different in my heart

Probably you dont really remember GTA IV first trailer, as is thinking of it as a amalgam of all the trailers, here, check it out:

There was no action,

it worked just like the GTA V one, showing the city and its mood.

TBH i think the reason they showed so much more stuff in this debut trailer than IV is because the game is more

complete at this stage. It makes total sense.

Even though in the guess the release date topic I put October 23, 2012 , it is definitely possible

for a late May/mid June 2012 release.

Probably you dont really remember GTA IV first trailer, as is thinking of it as a amalgam of all the trailers, here, check it out:

There was no action,

This.

All of the different games' trailers each cater to what their moods are.

IV had that mood where everything is pretty dark and depressing, because that's how Niko's story was told.

V, you have this bright and glamorous city; it's not as dark and depressing, but the way story is told, you're living a pretty good life, but all around you you see others not doing so well as you.

You felt like that because that's what they aimed for with this trailer. It's all about the beauty of this game smile.gif.

I loved it!

TheGreene2010

There was no action,

agreed, and if you watch the second trailer for GTA IV it's pretty action packed, looking forward for the next trailer for GTA V! cool.gif