One Hitter Quitters

Trideez

One of my favorite things that would happen in GTA IV was when I would knock someone out with ONE punch. BUT, this seemed to be a very rare occasion. I think you should be able to throw different types of punches, like a quick jab or a powerful hook. And I think if you punch an unexpecting pedestrian, you should have a much higher chance to knock them out since they never saw it coming and weren't prepared for it. Thoughts?

Yeah, the melee combat system defintely needs work from all the past games. Its never seemed fluid to me...

Yeah, the melee combat system defintely needs work from all the past games. Its never seemed fluid to me...

but it was by far the BEST in GTAIV so all they need is some tweaking.

FlavouredMilk

The reason for the so called one-hitter-quitters is GTAIV's stun punch. Remember learning about it when Vlad asks you to retrieve the Blista Compact?

It never really worked again, but occasionally BAM.

It is an interesting thought, and it would be pretty cool to be able to knock out an unsuspecting pedestrian with just one punch (pedestrians were easier to knock down in Grand Theft Auto IV with one or two punches). Of course, this should also be determined by the build of the pedestrian - for example, if they have the build of a body-builder; then they shouldn't be able to be knocked out with a single punch, but if they are skinny then they should.

I also like the idea of having different punches and kicks for hand-to-hand combat. I hope that Rockstar bring back the ability to train in Grand Theft Auto V. By train I mean, the ability to learn new fighting moves.

RE9mJnf.png

I can't recall much exciting melee actions, my favorite tactic in GTA is holding a gun and just pointing it, any gangs, or mob guys with guns will draw on you in defense, rather then run, if you can get more then a few doing it, it can provoke an AI ped NPC warfare scene, and it's just so much fun to see that, the cops come in of course, and I just get a kick out of the comedy that ensues ... In SA we had to adapt or learn some fighting skills, but it wasn't very well developed, so I hope melee, cover, all of that we were discussing months prior, come to play in the new GTA

if they keep to a similar style they did in SA should, be kool. i like the skinny guy easy knockout, big guy harder knockout. in all gta always liked getting into street fights purley using fist

The stun punch in IV was like an execution, it only worked in the mission. The only way you could knock someone out in one punch in IV is by aiming for the head which is hard (easier with the baseball bat)

Fighting was tricky, was there a system?, sometimes it felt fluid and like square button was a left punch, circle was a right punch and triangle kick, mostly if seemed like buttton bashing.