May 25?

macorules94

I'm on with that about GTA V is coming out in May 24th. It's a great moment for a relase as it's the start of the fiscal year. Also, as a lot of people have already said, there's 2405 everywhere. I'm sure it'll be relased on that date, because it's Sam Houser's 40th birthday, and that's a huge milestone in someone's life. Imagine winning millions of dollars in sales in your birthday! That's a great gift don't you think?

I think there could be something to this May 24th stuff.

I know I won't be able to wait much longer than May 24th, though. I do no want to wait a full year. I can handle May.

And don't even say May of 2013. That is way tooooooooooo long.

Wouldn't surprise me if May 2012 was the planned release date. Although it wouldn't be surprising if it got pushed back. I think we'll be getting it next year for sure though.

Also wasn't the first trailer for GTA 4 about 6 months in advance of the planned Oct 07 release date, obviously that got pushed back. But like was said hopefully Rockstar learned their lesson from that and we get it soon as.

Yeah, because rockstar told Walmart the release date (only them nobody else, not even the fans) Don't told them anything else, don't even bothered to give them a small description to put alongside the item.

People are so silly, really.

If R* had an expected release date they would've given it already; It's good for business.

Love ya, man, but we got topics on this already... you know? haha I think it really comes down to their progress making the actual game, it can't be predicted nor written in stone when that will conclude, so hope it's as far along as the trailer suggests

I think it will be released on May 24th because Sam Houser's (The creator of GTA series) birthday is on May 24th 1972 and the music used in the video (The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake) was released on May 24th 1968.

Pretty much coincidence , huh?  sly.gif

Also the licence plate on the postal van outside the for sale house starts with 24! just coincidences tho maybe perchance!

Zero Toler4nce
Yeah, because rockstar told Walmart the release date (only them nobody else, not even the fans) Don't told them anything else, don't even bothered to give them a small description to put alongside the item.

If R* had an expected release date they would've given it already; It's good for business.

Explain to me then why they would do this then. Enlighten me about why Wallyworld would do this. colgate.gif

Explain to me then why they would do this then. Enlighten me about why Wallyworld would do this. colgate.gif

Stores always do this when they don't know the exact date. It's just a "place holder".

About the 2405 on the curb? It's just a house number. No big deal if you ask me. The May release date you're suggesting though, as much as I would want to agree with you, it seems pretty implausible considering how MASSIVE SA is expected to be. Expect it to be released beyond May because R* will be busy polishing the features and what not.

I don't know if someone posted this already, but the soundtrack that you hear in the trailer was released on 24 may. Can you exlpain that?

I think it'll be May 15th.

Reasons why:

Most games release on Tuesdays. Same with movies/CDs.

It's closer to the days RDR and L.A. Noire released. (RDR: 5/17. LAN: 5/18.)

And 7 months is plenty of time for waiting.

So, I really hope it is May 15th, or around that time. biggrin.gif

Zero Toler4nce

Stores always do this when they don't know the exact date. It's just a "place holder".

That may be true, but why would that be just a week later from that guys birthday and all of this 2405 nonsense??? Is it just ironic???

Everything just seems to add up in all different types of ways...

GTA 4 was released in April. A Q2/Q3 release would be odd considering Max Payne 3 comes out as well...

MP3 is being developed by a different R* studio. They're not being released on the same day, so it's perfectly plausible.

Exactly.

They showed us a lot for a first trailer. If we refer to the first trailer of IV, there's a real big difference in the content of each (Even though in IV, they showed us the RAGE engine for the first time in an open world game, the first game using RAGE was Table Tennis.) In this case (GTA V), the engine was already developed, so they had much more time than IV to create the world, and all the stuff. In the end, a release date in May is possible.

You guys honestly believe Take 2 would jeopardize the sales of MP3?

GTA 4 was released in April. A Q2/Q3 release would be odd considering Max Payne 3 comes out as well...

MP3 is being developed by a different R* studio. They're not being released on the same day, so it's perfectly plausible.

Exactly.

They showed us a lot for a first trailer. If we refer to the first trailer of IV, there's a real big difference in the content of each (Even though in IV, they showed us the RAGE engine for the first time in an open world game, the first game using RAGE was Table Tennis.) In this case (GTA V), the engine was already developed, so they had much more time than IV to create the world, and all the stuff. In the end, a release date in May is possible.

You guys honestly believe Take 2 would jeopardize the sales of MP3?

It's two different games. It won't "jeopardize" the sales of Max Payne 3. If GTA V would release in March, it sure would. But two months is enough.

[Anyway, I got my own opinion, you don't have to like it]

How many instances of the "2405" are actually in the trailer? All I remember seeing was the house address.

2405 was also in the SA end credits on the tail of a plane. Its only signifies Dan's birthday how big a role he plays in GTA and at R*.

its crazy how the picture from genesis makes sense now, open area and city area. and the 5 guys ion the trailer, 5 bullets = 5 trailers, 5 letters = the 5 speeches the protags give in each trailer why they moved here, and 204 is how many days left from may 24th in a year, and 1102 was when the first trailer was released...

monkeystrummer

The Walmart thing is quite intriguing though as i am not sure how ethical it would be to advertise a release date that they just plucked out their arse - what's to stop other companies giving a shipping date of say April 3rd just so they can secure the most pre-orders?

They try to guess the correct date and then put it as a placeholder one there.

These theories of 24/05 are all over the internet, they simply did some research and put it there.

Really, its so obvious that the guys on the studio are making a homage to their "Boss". This even has a name? ass-kissing.

You really think the dude would be so egocentric that he would release the game on his birthday? And honestly, who the f*ck would want the tension of a released product on their birthday?

How many instances of the "2405" are actually in the trailer? All I remember seeing was the house address.

I think it's just that one scene, plus the fact that a delivery truck passes by (as in delivering the game?) and in one frame the slogan "We promise not to lose it" - the company is called Postal, you see?) is directly above the house number. Then, after the truck passes, we see a "For Sale" sign in the same scene. On it's own, that's just a bunch of coincidences, but some people have connected it to the "Where is the blue?" poll and the 24051972 on the plane at the end of TBoGT.

Zero Toler4nce

They try to guess the correct date and then put it as a placeholder one there.

These theories of 24/05 are all over the internet, they simply did some research and put it there.

Really, its so obvious that the guys on the studio are making a homage to their "Boss". This even has a name? ass-kissing.

You really think the dude would be so egocentric that he would release the game on his birthday? And honestly, who the f*ck would want the tension of a released product on their birthday?

I don't know if you read Santi990's post earlier but he makes some good points about it all... Maybe you should go read it! rolleyes.gif

Millions of dollars on your birthday... That's what I'm talkin about!

Millions of dollars on your birthday... That's what I'm talkin about!

By the way man, businesses (like Walmart) put date placeholders down in order to get pre-orders. They have no confirmation of the date whatsoever.

On topic: Like I mentioned earlier, the artist of the trailer's album was released May 24th. Also, recent games from Rockstar are 6-7 months from their initial announcement.

Too many coincidences.. whatsthat.gif

Exactly, there are too many coincidences pointing at a May 24 release! Rockstar chose to announce V 1.5 weeks ago because they were waiting for it to be well under development, so they don't delay it and lose fans. It's been almost 4 f*cking years, it's definitely coming in May. ~6 months after first trailer.

Exactly, there are too many coincidences pointing at a May 24 release! Rockstar chose to announce V 1.5 weeks ago because they were waiting for it to be well under development, so they don't delay it and lose fans. It's been almost 4 f*cking years, it's definitely coming in May. ~6 months after first trailer.

Agreed!!!

In all honesty, that trailer looked like it was made from a polished product. I'm still shocked. Early spring release might be plausible afterall smile.gif

May 2-4 (as in 24 beers) is a big holiday weekend in Canada. I'll be so drunk on the first play if this get's released that weekend. Be pretty sweet. R* sure is coming through on this.

Edited by Ispintechno

Zero Toler4nce

LOL SAME HERE!!! If it comes out in May then that would be sick... My birthday is May 4th so MOST DEFINITELY WILL I BE DRUNK OFF OF MY ASS WHEN I PLAY IT! lol.giforly.gif

LOL SAME HERE!!! If it comes out in May then that would be sick... My birthday is May 4th so MOST DEFINITELY WILL I BE DRUNK OFF OF MY ASS WHEN I PLAY IT! lol.giforly.gif

Crazy , my dad and my sis got birthday on 20. and 21. may , i drink and play too .

Sorry to go offtopic . blush.gif

TheGreene2010

http://stars.ign.com/objects/142/14243710.html

Check out recent articles, don't read just see the dates!

EDIT:

Also it seems they were signed back on around May 24 2011! I know it's 2011 but still alot of May 24 go around the GTA series in general.

Edited by TheGreene2010

Zero Toler4nce
LOL SAME HERE!!! If it comes out in May then that would be sick... My birthday is May 4th so MOST DEFINITELY WILL I BE DRUNK OFF OF MY ASS WHEN I PLAY IT!  lol.gif  orly.gif

Crazy , my dad and my sis got birthday on 20. and 21. may , i drink and play too .

Sorry to go offtopic . blush.gif

Considering next year is my 21st birthday yeah... Being hammered and playing is definitely going to happen! biggrin.gif