May 25?

macorules94

I think when IV came out in April instead of the favoured October release Rockstar soon realised how much better it was for them in terms of breaking records and huge early sales - which would not be realistic releasing in the crowded fall release window.

So yes May 24th it is. Unless Rockstar are trolling us.....

That also means we may get a peak at the DLC this time next year as well as PC release.

The song from the trailer is by Small Faces and called Ogden's Nut Gone Flake. It was released on May 24th. Too much of a coincidence for me. So no, it doesn't look like a release date

Zero Toler4nce
So, we know Rockstar usually love releasing games in October, however, have you noticed their latest trend for the new decade? October releases was so late 1990's - 2000's. Rockstar have been releasing their major games since 2010 in MAY.

Red Dead Redemption = May 18, 2010.

L.A. Noire = 17 May 2011.

Plus, from all the 2405 references we've been finding, is it safe to say GTA V will be released on May 24, 2012?

(This thread isn't about the 2405 references, rather Rockstars latest release trend)

I think it is pretty safe to say that May 24th, 2012 is the release date... I found on a webpage that they said that Wal-Mart is already doing pre-order, so I looked it up... TRUE! And here is the kicker... They say they will start shipping it June 1st, 2012! Bang. So think... May 24th, 2012 is just under a week before June 1st and as I have looked up pre-orders in the past on wal-marts page they always have the shipment a week or so later after the game is released... so either May 23rd or May 24th of next year look for the game being released! Just thought I'd share a piece of info with you all! Also, go hop on twitter and search "TorontoJack233"... He has a screenshot of the MAP! One more thing, below is the link to the pre-order page to wal-mart...! ENJOY! biggrin.gif

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grand-Theft-Auto...ox-360/16563607

Rockstar's new fiscal year starts by the end of March I believe, so it would be their first new major game

for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. And that would a very big game too so that would be a great start

for them.

So all the dates, numbers found actually do make sense when you look at it.

Los Santos Pedestrian
GTA 4 was released in April. A Q2/Q3 release would be odd considering Max Payne 3 comes out as well...

MP3 is being developed by a different R* studio. They're not being released on the same day, so it's perfectly plausible.

Exactly.

They showed us a lot for a first trailer. If we refer to the first trailer of IV, there's a real big difference in the content of each (Even though in IV, they showed us the RAGE engine for the first time in an open world game, the first game using RAGE was Table Tennis.) In this case (GTA V), the engine was already developed, so they had much more time than IV to create the world, and all the stuff. In the end, a release date in May is possible.

But Bully was released in 2006, which was an open-world game using the RAGE engine.

About the 2405 on the curb? It's just a house number. No big deal if you ask me. The May release date you're suggesting though, as much as I would want to agree with you, it seems pretty implausible considering how MASSIVE SA is expected to be. Expect it to be released beyond May because R* will be busy polishing the features and what not.

The same number in the trailer at 0:54 in the bottom of the delivery truck,

G1T

As IV had 4 trailers and if V does the same......who knows but maybe the trailer release window will go something like this leading us up to May 24th and are all the early part of each month.

November, January, March, May?

And May 24 runs on a Thursday not Tuesday, and I think most games release on Tuesdays.

Most games, yes.

But Grand Theft Auto V is big/popular enough to be released on whatever day Rockstar choose. Plus it's Dan Houser's birthday.

do you mean Sam's birthday and i too think 24/05/2012 for GTA V is perfect with two major R* games being released not long after to get the most money

I bet it comes out before Xmas this year.

I honestly wish it does.

7 days notice before the trailer, who knows what they have up their sleeve, but the 24/05 either points to release date, Sam Houser's birthday for no real reason other than that, or DLC release even if it comes out before xmas.

Zero Toler4nce
I bet it comes out before Xmas this year.

I honestly wish it does.

7 days notice before the trailer, who knows what they have up their sleeve, but the 24/05 either points to release date, Sam Houser's birthday for no real reason other than that, or DLC release even if it comes out before xmas.

But then WHY would walmart put their shipping date to June 1st, 2012 if the game was coming out before christmas??? That makes no sense to me!

i knew it would be 24/05/2012 with the plane at 13:04 TBOGT credits and with 2405 on the pavement/sidewalk and many more

and i think that it could sell 20+ million copies in the first 24 hours i think

Edited by HeNDo6750

Could you post a series of references relating to the date 24/05/????

I just don't believe they will already have a clear date, if they've not even announced a release date, and only one trailer has been posted for public viewings.

Zero Toler4nce

I just don't believe they will already have a clear date, if they've not even announced a release date, and only one trailer has been posted for public viewings.

This link below is more than enough proof for me...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grand-Theft-Auto...ox-360/16563607

OK.

Some guy posted clues with numbers as 1102 and 204.

So it started with 1102 which is actually 02.11.2011 or 11.02.2011.

The date the trailer came out.

In the trailer there was the guy selling his house and there was a number

2405 on the bank of the house.

But if you add to the 11.02.2011. 204 days you get a date of 5.24.2012

or 24.05.2011.

Plus Walmart usually sends their pre-order games one week after the game's

release.

OH yea I almost forgot. If I'm coorect the GTA V would be R* first game

for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. So that would be a great start for your

business year, wouldn't it?

Edited by Kraljik

i knew it would be 24/05/2012 with the plane at 13:04 TBOGT credits and with 2405 on the pavement/sidewalk and many more

and i think that it could sell 20+ million copies in the first 24 hours i think

No probably 5 million tops. 20 million by the end of 2012 maybe. I think overall this game will get close to selling 30 million.

Zero Toler4nce

OK.

Some guy posted clues with numbers as 1102 and 204.

So it started with 1102 which is actually 02.11.2011 or 11.02.2011.

The date the trailer came out.

In the trailer there was the guy selling his house and there was a number

2405 on the bank of the house.

But if you add to the 11.02.2011. 204 days you get a date of 5.24.2012

or 24.05.2011.

Plus Walmart usually sends their pre-order games one week after the game's

release.

OH yea I almost forgot. If I'm coorect the GTA V would be R* first game

for the 2012-2013 fiscal year. So that would be a great start for your

business year, wouldn't it?

You couldn't have said it any better bro!

i think they would do a may release even though they have Max Payne. GTA would make them all the money they need for that whole year and wouldn't need a late 2012 release. really hope for the may release though!

You couldn't have said it any better bro!

Thanks.

But for me this ain't just coincidence

but it's more of logic. Studing economy and watching

this from an economy stand point it would be a smart move.

With Max Payne 3 they would close the 2011-2012 year,

and with the GTA V they would open the 2012-2013 year.

IMO a great move.

If the game is going to release in May 2012, it will be on one of the following dates:

May 1, 2012

May 8, 2012

May 15, 2012

May 22, 2012

May 29, 2012

It will NOT be releasing on May 24, 2012, because full retail 360/PS3 games do not release on Thursdays.

GTA: SA - Tuesday, October 26, 2004

GTA IV - Tuesday, April 29, 2008

RDR - Tuesday, May 18, 2010

L.A. Noire - Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I will put my money on a May 22, 2012 release date.

Edited by Isuck100%

I'm sorry, but seriously... you can't debunk the theory simply because it's a Thursday.

mega lols. Thursday is when all the good movies come out..

I'm sorry, but seriously... you can't debunk the theory simply because it's a Thursday.

It's a flimsy "theory" at best, overanalyzing everything as usual, and grasping at straws. And as stated earlier in this thread, May 24, 2012 being a Thursday pretty much completely debunks the theory.

Edited by Isuck100%

It's a flimsy "theory" at best, overanalyzing everything as usual, and grasping at straws. And as stated earlier in this thread, May 24, 2012 being a Thursday pretty much completely debunks the theory.

But that's exactly what I'm disagreeing with. I don't think Rockstar had the discussion "Hey boys vassup! what day of the week should we release GTAV? Omg not Mondays isch bin sooo drab, Wednesday is for the little emos. Friday isch too... Rebecca Black... thursdays I am getting ma anus bleached at the salon, so gra - Tuesday it is fellas?".

They're releasing Max Payne 3 in March 6, 2012

It makes no sense if they releasing GTA V in just 18 days after Max Payne 3 is released...

Personally I think that GTA V is going to be released next October.

Edited by tnz1992

If the game is going to release in May 2012, it will be on one of the following dates:

May 1, 2012

May 8, 2012

May 15, 2012

May 22, 2012

May 29, 2012

It will NOT be releasing on May 24, 2012, because full retail 360/PS3 games do not release on Thursdays.

They do in Australia. So that theory holds some ground down here.

May 1, 2012

May 8, 2012

May 15, 2012

May 22, 2012

May 29, 2012

They do in Australia. So that theory holds some ground down here.

That's exactly what I thought, I swear GTA San Andreas was released on a Thursday. I'll never forget it...

It makes no sense if they releasing GTA V in just 18 days after Max Payne 3 is released...

but there fiscal year ends in march so max payne would close the fiscal year and gta v would open the next one...

18 days? You mean 2 months and 18 days