May 25?

macorules94

May 24th is a Thursday games usually drop on Tuesday... but maybe Rockstar breaks the trend? I doubt it though nobody wants to sell in a short week.

Well, Skyrim comes out on a Friday. I'm guessing Bethesda wants to release it on 11/11/11 just because that's an awesome date.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

And May 24 runs on a Thursday not Tuesday, and I think most games release on Tuesdays.

Most games, yes.

But Grand Theft Auto V is big/popular enough to be released on whatever day Rockstar choose. Plus it's Dan Houser's birthday.

TheGreene2010

Lets hope it's not so soon I want them to work on it as long as possible, but not too long tounge2.gif

I suppose it'll get a May release date. And then it'll get pushed back to October. Or it might get an October release date which might get pushed back to May 2012 (which would be kinda sad if it happened) !!!

If it gets pushed to 2013, I will cry and repeatedly bang myself on my computer keyboard. No, I'm kidding. I'll just be disappointed, but seriously, I can imagine this happening knowing R* and their strict attention to quality.

About the 2405 on the curb? It's just a house number. No big deal if you ask me. The May release date you're suggesting though, as much as I would want to agree with you, it seems pretty implausible considering how MASSIVE SA is expected to be. Expect it to be released beyond May because R* will be busy polishing the features and what not.

You're forgetting Sam Houser's birthday, and the release date of the song that was used in the trailer, and that old poll back in August.

This May 24th crap needs to die already. Rockstar would never release 2 games within 2 months of each other. That's commercial suicide.

But also remember majority of rockstar games get delayed 1 or 2 times before being released.

RDR was due to come out in november 2009, then got delayed to april 2010, then delayed a third time to may 2010.

That's a second time monocle.gif

And OT, I do believe it will be released on May 24, there is too much evidence for it not to be.

This May 24th crap needs to die already. Rockstar would never release 2 games within 2 months of each other. That's commercial suicide.

Not really. 2 Months is a plausible amount of time. Also, Rockstar Vancouver are creating Max Payne 3, while Rockstar North are creating GTA V.

It's not commercial suicide if it's GTA. Grand Theft Auto has the power to do anything.

This May 24th crap needs to die already.  Rockstar would never release 2 games within 2 months of each other.  That's commercial suicide.

Not really. 2 Months is a plausible amount of time. Also, Rockstar Vancouver are creating Max Payne 3, while Rockstar North are creating GTA V.

It's not commercial suicide if it's GTA. Grand Theft Auto has the power to do anything.

You have any idea how long MP 3 was in development? I have the Game Informer right in my lap saying it was due for a '09 release. You said it yourself, "GTA has the power"................ To ruin MP 3's sales. Doesn't matter which studio it is, it's all under Rockstar Games(publisher) as a whole. If MP 3 sells poorly, guess who gets massive lay-offs? R* Vancouver. Bye-bye Bully 2.

if 2405 really does relate to the day and month of the games release, then truly we still do not know the exact release date. could it be that the release date is may 24th 2013?? long slow build up to release and a good final game for the current generation of consoles.

This May 24th crap needs to die already.  Rockstar would never release 2 games within 2 months of each other.  That's commercial suicide.

You have any idea how long MP 3 was in development? I have the Game Informer right in my lap saying it was due for a '09 release. You said it yourself, "GTA has the power"................ To ruin MP 3's sales. Doesn't matter which studio it is, it's all under Rockstar Games(publisher) as a whole. If MP 3 sells poorly, guess who gets massive lay-offs? R* Vancouver. Bye-bye Bully 2.

I think GTA V coming in May would actually increase Max Payne 3 sales, because people would buy it to kill time between March 2 - May 24! Plus, how many people can't afford to buy Max Payne 3 in March, and GTA V in May?

It will be 24/05/2013 than because Rockstar already have a relese this year.

No it won't. 5 years is way too much time between GTA's.

Rockstar f*cked our brains when they told us that they had to move GTA IV release...first GTA IV trailer was March 2007 and first announced release date was October 2007 (so ~7 months later)

they wouldnt make the same fault again, they learn from faults, thats why i think that the work on GTA V is nearly finished..so if they follow their strategy from 2007 it could be released in May/June 2012

Of course it is, there are 2405 references in the whole trailer, the for sale sign above the number and the truck that says we aim not to lose it, also the trailer song, anyone guess its release date, 24th May, 1968 !!! Also a quiz was posted on here last year, all it was was 1102 and 2 answers, one of which was 204. 1102 is 2nd november and 204 days from then is....24th may, it seems the admins here also know more info.

2013 is impossible. Game is almost finished. They won't wait until 2013. Game will be out in half year 2012.

user posted image

It will be released in 1972.

9H7Sj34.jpg

Yeah sure dude. :')

I don't know if this has been said before, but I was thinking about the old thread again, the 1102, 5 letters, 5 Guys, 5 bullets.

And then the 2405 thing. 24051972. 5 Letters being the anagram.

Here's the thing. 24. 05. 1972, Agent announcement? first trailer?

Maby that has something to do with Agent and not GTA, atleast not release.

May be the date they will announce the release date too.

I don't know, but the screens from agent looks to be played out around 1972 maybe. From the leaked screens. Looks older, but the gun in the logo makes me think its around 1972.

5 Guys, maby Agent is the game where you got multiple protagonists, and not GTA. I don't know. We'll see. I actually hope that the 2405 has something to do with GTA V, and not something else. I just had to get this out there. Now I hope someone reads this......

The album of the trailers song was May 24.

It will be released next year (what's with all these comments saying 2013?!). They have the engine. Voice acting is done (we know from a year ago), therefore, story is done. Also, past Rockstar games have been released 6-7 months after games release.

It will be May next year, mark my words. October, if they delay it, or feel it will be better for sales.

I know this because I'm a wizard - clearly.

myballsarewrinkly

You have any idea how long MP 3 was in development?  I have the Game Informer right in my lap saying it was due for a '09 release.   You said it yourself, "GTA has the power"................ To ruin MP 3's sales.  Doesn't matter which studio it is, it's all under Rockstar Games(publisher)  as a whole.  If MP 3 sells poorly, guess who gets massive lay-offs? R* Vancouver.  Bye-bye Bully 2.

Sad but true. How many people will think,

"I was planning on getting MP 3, but GTA V looks sooooo much better, i'll save my money for that instead"

"I was planning on getting MP 3, but GTA V looks sooooo much better, i'll save my money for that instead"

Why does everyone think that 1-2 months between a games release will affect sales. Ubisoft releases their games days apart. 1-2 months in sales is HUGE anyway.

24/05/1972 is when Sam Houser was born, so no more 1972 jokes... please

As a teen, Chuck Norris impregnated every nun in a covet in the back hills of Tunsca, nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional history.

biggrin.gif

Rockstar f*cked our brains when they told us that they had to move GTA IV release...first GTA IV trailer was March 2007 and first announced release date was October 2007 (so ~7 months later)

they wouldnt make the same fault again, they learn from faults, thats why i think that the work on GTA V is nearly finished..so if they follow their strategy from 2007 it could be released in May/June 2012

Exactly my thoughts icon14.gif

I'm 99.99% confident it will be a May release, and IF it gets delayed, R* better have some more info/trailers to keep us sane!!

Why does everyone think that 1-2 months between a games release will affect sales. Ubisoft releases their games days apart. 1-2 months in sales is HUGE anyway.

^ this ! ubi earning bigtime with theyr releases

I really hope it's not a date for the next trailer. It's killing me not knowing more details and it's only been a few days..

btw, has there been any talk about when we can expect the next trailer?

I know the second GTA IV trailer was released about 2 months after the first.

Sorry if this isnt relevant to this thread, i'm new to the site, haven't really figured out how everything works yet.

NeXt Vice City

A May release does seem sensible, as OP mentioned, this is when R* have released all major recent titles (even IV was released just days before May 08). A May release will leave enough time between announcement and release day to get the hype train up to 100mph! Its does also leave enough time between MP3 and GTA V. This combined with the so called 'hints' does make a May 2012 release quite likely. Plus, my birthday is on May 19, so I can't really ask for a better birthday present...