May 25?

macorules94

So, we know Rockstar usually love releasing games in October, however, have you noticed their latest trend for the new decade? October releases was so late 1990's - 2000's. Rockstar have been releasing their major games since 2010 in MAY.

Red Dead Redemption = May 18, 2010.

L.A. Noire = 17 May 2011.

Plus, from all the 2.4.0.5 references we've been finding, is it safe to say GTA V will be released on May 2.4, 2012?

(This thread isn't about the 2.4.0.5 references, rather Rockstars latest release trend)

Edited by macorules94

I say sometime in May, and that's all I have to say about this.

panic.gif

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

myballsarewrinkly

But also remember majority of rockstar games get delayed 1 or 2 times before being released.

RDR was due to come out in november 2009, then got delayed to april 2010, then delayed a third time to may 2010.

It is interesting to say the least. I'm feeling a May 2012 release as well. All this "2405" can't be written as coincidence surely?

If not for a release I think something is definitely going to happen on that date, or some time around it.

About the 2405 on the curb? It's just a house number. No big deal if you ask me. The May release date you're suggesting though, as much as I would want to agree with you, it seems pretty implausible considering how MASSIVE SA is expected to be. Expect it to be released beyond May because R* will be busy polishing the features and what not.

But also remember majority of rockstar games get delayed 1 or 2 times before being released.

RDR was due to come out in november 2009, then got delayed to april 2010, then delayed a third time to may 2010.

GTAV Trailer November... release in May, similar pattern?

I think they screwed up so much with GTAIV delays, they have waited long enough to know for sure to give us this trailer when the game is almost complete and when they give us a release date it'll be for real, and they won't act like a bunch of tyre kickers again.

I just don't want to wait another year. Why did Rockstar give us that trailer?! Do they think it could be done soon???

user posted image

GTA 4 was released in April. A Q2/Q3 release would be odd considering Max Payne 3 comes out as well...

It is interesting to say the least. I'm feeling a May 2012 release as well. All this "2405" can't be written as coincidence surely?

If not for a release I think something is definitely going to happen on that date, or some time around it.

Exactly. I can feel most likely a release. Why would they make all those references just for a trailer? tounge.gif

7 months seems tremendously optimistic.

Considering we got a full trailer a week after an announcement, I'm pretty sure the game is almost complete. 6 Months is in fact, a perfect time.

Don't think it will happen. Something might, like a big juicy trailer, but the release of GTAV won't be in May.

GTA 4 was released in April. A Q2/Q3 release would be odd considering Max Payne 3 comes out as well...

MP3 is being developed by a different R* studio. They're not being released on the same day, so it's perfectly plausible.

MP3 is being developed by a different R* studio. They're not being released on the same day, so it's perfectly plausible.

Exactly.

They showed us a lot for a first trailer. If we refer to the first trailer of IV, there's a real big difference in the content of each (Even though in IV, they showed us the RAGE engine for the first time in an open world game, the first game using RAGE was Table Tennis.) In this case (GTA V), the engine was already developed, so they had much more time than IV to create the world, and all the stuff. In the end, a release date in May is possible.

They announced the trailer October 25th... pretty much exactly 7 months to the day before May 24th 2012.

October 25 announcement, trailer...

1 month cooling off period after the trailer, then a 6 month long marketing campaign beginning December up until May 24.

7 months seems tremendously optimistic.

I agree, May seems too soon. I think R* would rather build up the hype, and release it in October.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

surely not, but just as un-surely we can be of its motive or reason...

G1T

This exactly this.

Anyhow May would be awesome for me, perfect timing, not to far off, and it gives me time to beat the crap out of Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.

And we did get a full trailer a week after the announcement, it seems they've been working on it since IV and EFLC was done and over with, so may seems semi realistic, it seems they waited to announce it and show a trailer as to avoid delays.

Exactly.

They showed us a lot for a first trailer. If we refer to the first trailer of IV, there's a real big difference in the content of each (Even though in IV, they showed us the RAGE engine for the first time in an open world game, the first game using RAGE was Table Tennis.) In this case (GTA V), the engine was already developed, so they had much more time than IV to create the world, and all the stuff. In the end, a release date in May is possible.

Something else I was thinking about as well is usually the time between each GTA has been 2 years except for GTA IV. This time around it was almost 3 1/2 years before we heard something. Maybe this is R*'s way of making it up for the fans waiting so long?

Many people thought we wouldn't hear about GTA V until next year and on what was a seemingly random date no one really guessed it was announced and the trailer a week later. That has never happened with GTA before. Not to mention how much it actually showed which was more than SA actually.

An optimistic time frame would be 3 months, but 6-7 seems perfectly fine even with MP3 coming out in March. Like I said it's (MP3) is being developed by another R* studio, so it shouldn't have a significant affect on GTA V's release.

If R* were worried about MP3 would they have announced the game now knowing how many people would be hyped for it? MP3 will be fine IMO.

I don;t often like to get my hopes up, but May 2012 seems like the perfect time for the game to come out.

TheGreene2010

And May 24 runs on a Thursday not Tuesday, and I think most games release on Tuesdays.

And May 24 runs on a Thursday not Tuesday, and I think most games release on Tuesdays.

edit: my bad.

Edited by Deadly Target

Skyrim is being released on a Thursday. confused.gif

Actually, it's on a Friday. Believe me... I know this.

user posted image

Skyrim is being released on a Thursday. confused.gif

The release date for Skyrim is on November 11th, next Friday.

EDIT: Didn't reply fast enough tounge.gif

San Andreas was released on a Thursday here in Australia, If I recall correctly...

But it's still the same company making the profits. I believe companies tend to prefer to spread their big products out across the year. That said, MP3 (releasing in March, right?) is Q2 and May is Q3, so it's not completely unlikely. On the other hand, that's still pretty close for two major releases. I think it's more likely to see it late in Q3 (June) since LS is a summery place for summer time, or Q1 2013 (Oct-Dec 2012) in order to get in on the holiday action. Q4 doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since there's so little going on at that time with summer winding down and kids going back to school.

I don't put any stock in this street number dealio at all, and the pattern in sketchy at best. Though, I would not be surprised at all if MP3 gets pushed back to May, and we don't see V until October.

twang629.gif

San Andreas was released on a Thursday here in Australia, If I recall correctly...

Tuesday though, is often the North American time when games are released.

May 24th is a Thursday games usually drop on Tuesday... but maybe Rockstar breaks the trend? I doubt it though nobody wants to sell in a short week.

Exactly.

Something else I was thinking about as well is usually the time between each GTA has been 2 years except for GTA IV. This time around it was almost 3 1/2 years before we heard something. Maybe this is R*'s way of making it up for the fans waiting so long?

Many people thought we wouldn't hear about GTA V until next year and on what was a seemingly random date no one really guessed it was announced and the trailer a week later. That has never happened with GTA before. Not to mention how much it actually showed which was more than SA actually.

An optimistic time frame would be 3 months, but 6-7 seems perfectly fine even with MP3 coming out in March. Like I said it's (MP3) is being developed by another R* studio, so it shouldn't have a significant affect on GTA V's release.

If R* were worried about MP3 would they have announced the game now knowing how many people would be hyped for it? MP3 will be fine IMO.

I don;t often like to get my hopes up, but May 2012 seems like the perfect time for the game to come out.

Good point because although I am not ALWAYS on this site, I knew about the IV trailer way before it was going to come out.....I came to my room the other day and my roomie showed me the V trailer, I almost creamed my pants I had no idea it was out panic.gif