out of every single month rockstar decided

Dourvas

you know somethink guys...usually when companies release FULL trailers(not teasers) we ALWAYS get some heavy coverage in the weeks/months to come ....

now rockstar decided to release a full trailer , with so many stuff crammed on it(Not simply some buildings like gta iv)

i think that not only the game is close to going gold(not going gold but you know getting finished) , but that we are going to get news pretty soon...

now before you tell me how useless is this topic i want to ask you this :

when you see a trailer of a big game like gta or other big name titles how much time later they give a release date , an article on a magazine or news?

i mean rockstar not only announced gta v but they showed us a LOT of footage...

what do you think?

There's already a thread on the same topic, but I'd say the trailer we saw a few days ago isn't a full trailer. They haven't shown us the full Los Santos yet or much of the countryside area that surrounds it and judging by the scene with the wind turbines i'd say theres quite a lot of it to explore.

I think the earliest we will get any magazine offering info is late December. We will have more info by the end of January for definet.

oh and btw i just read that a trailer for rainbow six came out but the game wont come out untill 2013.... i hope that gta wont have the same fate

I've already said this several times in several threads but I think it will be Game Informer magazine that gives us the first in depth information such as characters, story, features, interviews, etc.

I remember they did that with GTAIV and GTA:SA and Rockstar and Game Informer seem to have a very good relationship.

I cannot recall whether GTA: Vice City or GTAIII were in Game Informer first but I wouldn't be surprised to have GTAV on the cover of the magazine with a big 10 page spread inside either the next issue or the one after that.

You need to be realistic though.

I mean take the new Bioshock.. that trailer came out around September last year? And the game isn't out until next year. So that's at least a year and a half between trailer and game.

Also, GTA IV.. 13 months between first trailer and game.

Yes, the trailer was very very basic and vague, but I think that was implying the darker tone of the game. GTA V looks like such a vibrant and colourful game. I think that's Rockstars pattern on purpose.

I mean take the new Bioshock.. that trailer came out around September last year? And the game isn't out until next year. So that's at least a year and a half between trailer and game.

Yes, the trailer was very very basic and vague, but I think that was implying the darker tone of the game. GTA V looks like such a vibrant and colourful game. I think that's Rockstars pattern on purpose.

Grand Theft Auto IV was originally planned to be released 7 months after the trailer, but it ended up being delayed. Both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire also got their first trailer around 7 months before release.

Grand Theft Auto IV was originally planned to be released 7 months after the trailer, but it ended up being delayed. Both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire also got their first trailer around 7 months before release.

thats true they did not know about the delay then. ..

damn the whole thing makes you think...

at least rockstar knows how to keep us on edge/hype us to death

I've already said this several times in several threads but I think it will be Game Informer magazine that gives us the first in depth information such as characters, story, features, interviews, etc.

I remember they did that with GTAIV and GTA:SA and Rockstar and Game Informer seem to have a very good relationship.

I cannot recall whether GTA: Vice City or GTAIII were in Game Informer first but I wouldn't be surprised to have GTAV on the cover of the magazine with a big 10 page spread inside either the next issue or the one after that.

When is next issue of game informer?

user posted image

i think it's too soon to for the game to go gold, it's probably on pre-alpha/alpha state

You have got to be kidding me. For a game that's been in development since 2008 (who knows, maybe even 2007) you think it's only in Pre-Alpha/Alpha stages? You clearly have no idea how the development of a game works.

nikonatorbelick
i think it's too soon to for the game to go gold, it's probably on pre-alpha/alpha state

You have got to be kidding me. For a game that's been in development since 2008 (who knows, maybe even 2007) you think it's only in Pre-Alpha/Alpha stages? You clearly have no idea how the development of a game works.

well you know how R* is, even if the game is on early/late beta state ( wich i highly doubt) they will not release the game anytime soon so really, i rather say to myself that the game is on quite "early" developement so it will be better when it comes out, beside do you renember the first GTA IV trailer? manyyyyy things are wayyyyyyy different in the full game than they were when the trailer was released, even when the game was in developement since SA was released

CryptReaperDorian

Actually, I do believe that the first L.A. Noire trailer was released long before that (probably before GTA IV was even released). However, it was kind of "put to the side" for a while (R* obviously wanted to market their own games before Team Bondi's game). I think the real situation here is if Max Payne 3 will hold GTA V back for a few months. It might even be the other way around.

TBH, i think rockstar would've nearly finished developing the game. They're probably touching it up you know like adding mini-games, side missions and working on the glitches. Also, i would assume even after the game is completed it will have to be tested for atleast a month or so before commercial release to make sure it is absolutely perfect (since there's a lot of money involved).

I wouldn't be suprised if it was ready to go in a few months. 3-4 years in development in a L O N G. I remember when I used to make Halo Maps and a month (Working everyday) felt like forever. IT wasn't gta but the development was still feeling long.

Snake Without a Tongue

The trailer for V looks a lot more polished than IV's teaser. I remember the early previews for IV said that parts of the map were missing. Even if that's the case for V currently, clearly a lot is finished.

Actually, I do believe that the first L.A. Noire trailer was released long before that (probably before GTA IV was even released). However, it was kind of "put to the side" for a while (R* obviously wanted to market their own games before Team Bondi's game). I think the real situation here is if Max Payne 3 will hold GTA V back for a few months. It might even be the other way around.

Yeah i thought of that too. Personally, i dont think that MP3 will have much replay value or at least nothing that could compare to GTA V. I'm pretty sure R* knows that as well so It shouldn't be a problem for R* to release GTA V a couple of months after MP3's release (coz by then most of the people would be through with MP3)

it wont be long now until a wealth of new info to stew over will be released, estimations... maybe 3-4 weeks. its all taking off now the trailers out. we wont have to wait long between goodies now icon14.gif

my predicted release date for GTAV: APRIL 2012.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

You lost me at hello...

He lost me at somethink.

yeah spelling mistake...

still it looks like you 2 dont really have a brain to undestand that people from other countries post in here(PROTIP:LOOK AT THE FLAG)

but at least all the other members are respectable posters not smartasses

so 2 people wont really hurt the topic

I'm sure they are a decent amount of the way through. And, as others have mentioned, May 2012 sounds like a reasonable PLANNED date. But I'm just going to assume right off the bat that it gets delayed. Seriously, around 70 % if not more of the video games I have bought have been delayed.... and Rockstar doesn't have the best history of being on time. Granted, the extra time usually means an improved game, so I am fine with that. But I'm not getting my hopes up and expecting this game to be on time and definitely not within a few months of now.

Can someone explain exactly what "going gold" means? I am assuming it has something to do with the number of copies that have been sold (like a record going platinum), but then how does that at all relate to pre-alpha/alpha stage?

I agree that it could be released sooner than we think. They showed off way too much footage when compared to IV's first trailer it kind of fuels the rumour we had that the game was near completion with only minigames left to implement. I'm sure it won't be released earlier than MP3 but i'm getting more optimistic about a summer release.

it would be nice if a game came out around 6 months after trailer like a movie.

but what i can say is i belive it may be out on consoles say next summer USA pc net summer AUS.

who the fuk knows stop asking get another game guys play it then get GTA V ....

sh*t takes time ,nooo sh*t takes effort Lots of Effort ...I love there work ...Always have always will.

Babble Babble Babble Repeat Topic Posts ...... anuj_cop.gifanuj_cop.gifanuj_cop.gif

That LA noire trailer was just basically old LA for 2 minutes. The game didn't even end up looking anything similar to the trailer or included any major characters. Even the typography of the logo was radically different. That trailer I think was released around '07

Intstringeger

I think the game will be released during the first half of 2012. They have been working on it since they finished GTA IV and the time to show us the first trailer was no doubt carefully planned to be long enough before the release date for the hype to build up but not too long that it may loose its momentum.

Harwood Butch3r
I think the game will be released during the first half of 2012. They have been working on it since they finished GTA IV and the time to show us the first trailer was no doubt carefully planned to be long enough before the release date for the hype to build up but not too long that it may loose its momentum.

I agree with this. Looking at the trailer it seemed to have more in it than any GTA trailer I've seen before, including SA's first.

I think the game is closer to completion than we think. I refuse to believe it'll be late next year unless R* run into another GTA IV like delay.

Woot?! They going to release GTA V before Max Payne 3? Sorry man but I can't accept that, it's too good to be true.

Woot?! They going to release GTA V before Max Payne 3? Sorry man but I can't accept that, it's too good to be true.

Max Payne 3 is due for March 2012.

Max Payne 3 is due for March 2012.

Thanks for the correction, but still... one month after they release Max Payne 3? Come on guys, you know R*

I'm sure they are a decent amount of the way through. And, as others have mentioned, May 2012 sounds like a reasonable PLANNED date. But I'm just going to assume right off the bat that it gets delayed. Seriously, around 70 % if not more of the video games I have bought have been delayed.... and Rockstar doesn't have the best history of being on time. Granted, the extra time usually means an improved game, so I am fine with that. But I'm not getting my hopes up and expecting this game to be on time and definitely not within a few months of now.

Can someone explain exactly what "going gold" means? I am assuming it has something to do with the number of copies that have been sold (like a record going platinum), but then how does that at all relate to pre-alpha/alpha stage?

Going gold is when the game is finished and they start manufacturing the discs, the 'gold' part refers to the final version of the game ready to be made.

So once that happens its just a question of getting it made and into shops.