San Fierro & Las Venturas

Legendary912

Listen up...

Rockstars Official announcement on the upcoming game -

'Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches.'

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...nouncement.html

Notice it says 'heads to the city of Los Santos' It doesn't say 'The only city in the game.'

This is why I think they will be included.

There has only been one trailer out not even a week and people are stating negative comments.

I'm sure the other two cities will be shown in the upcoming trailers !

I hope so. Until they specifically deny something then there is always hope. I really want to see SF, was I the only person who really liked SF? lol

This is my post copy and pasted from that huge thread. I make a few points backing up the whole of sa:

I know a lot of people on the forums were slightly disappointed with the announcement earlier. The fact R* stated Los Santos and the surrounding area. I was one of those who was strongly disappointed. However I quickly began to realise the strong possibility, if not certainty that R* are holding a lot back when it comes to the map. Why? Several reasons..

Los Santos and surrounding area

So according to that point, we are gonna get Los Santos and countryside around it. Ok... a lot of people are buying that. However geographically that makes no sense whatsoever. R* have always had GTA locations divided into a series of islands. It makes no sense that there is one huge Los Santos, countryside around it with never ending water around it.

That makes us look like retards. We are supposed to expect Los Santos is part of San Andreas which holds more cities, but the other known 2 just vanished? What, a few years after GTA San Andreas there was a huge earthquake which separated Los Santos from the rest of the map? Come on. I know it's a different era, but it doesn't take away from the fact it is part of the same state.

A large bridge confirmed... leading to..?

The trailer confirmed that there is a very large bridge. Traditionally these large bridges were used to connect each island together in previous games. That in itself proves there is a link between Los Santos and another significant area in the map. Coming back to my first point, it makes absolutely no sense to have one significant bridge which leads to.... nothing but countryside which leads to never ending water. This confirms that Los Santos is indeed connected with another area, likely to be industrialized as seen from the trailer. Now I'm not saying it's San Fiero. All I'm saying is, it is likely there is more than simply Los Santos.

Airplanes and the relatively small look of Los Santos?

As the trailer showed, planes are in the game. Now I have read a few people brushing it aside. Stating it may simply be part of the trailer and have nothing to do with the game. Now that is crap. Straight up. I can say with certainty, airplanes WILL be in this game. Why? Many of us moaned about no planes in IV, it makes sense for them to be included in V. With so many moaning and planes featured a lot in the trailer, ofcourse they will be included.

Towards the end of the trailer, we see Los Santos from above. It looks relatively smaller and dominated by the surrounding mountains. This leads me to assume there is a lot more past the mountains, than ofcourse "surrounding" countryside and hills which lead to the ocean. I genuinely believe R* when they say planes wern't included in IV because the map was smaller. If you watch the GTA plane mods, you really realise how true that is. It looks out of place completely. For planes, the map has to be huge, and there has to be multiple airports. With R* paying so close to detail, it makes no sense again to have one city, one airport, but with planes.

Overall, I am pretty confident there will be more than Los Santos. How much more? That remains to be seen. Am I saying it is San Fiero and Venturas? No. However I think it is strange for R* to completely ignore them, and expect us to be happy about that no matter how "big" they promise this game to be. I always considered a San Andreas type map to be very possible. Each city the size of an island in IV but with extensive countryside surrounding them. Although we have not seen much of Los Santos, from what I saw from the air, it doesn't look huge. Certainly not big enough to support the whole game. I'm pretty sure there will be more towns/city/cities than just LS.

No, it said Southern California. San Francisco and Las Vegas aren't in Southern California.

Edited by GTAlove
user posted image

No, it said Southern California. San Francisco and Las Venturas aren't in Southern California.

San Fierro and Las Venturas are theoretically in the state of San Andreas with Los Santos, but San Francisco and Las VEGAS aren't in Southern California. That's why Rockstar's announcement says "Southern California", to make clear what the game is based on. It'll be called San Andreas in the game but we're only going to see the part of San Andreas that's based on Southern California.

I wouldn't hold your breath. When someone says they're heading somewhere, and specify just ONE place, they don't mean multiple places. They might mean little places around that one major place, ie hills, beaches, etc., but when someone specifies it as Los Santos and Southern California, they're likely talking about the city and surrounding area. SF and LV aren't in the surrounding area.

No, it said Southern California. San Francisco and Las Venturas aren't in Southern California.

San Fierro and Las Venturas are theoretically in the state of San Andreas with Los Santos, but San Francisco and Las VEGAS aren't in Southern California. That's why Rockstar's announcement says "Southern California", to make clear what the game is based on. It'll be called San Andreas in the game but we're only going to see the part of San Andreas that's based on Southern California.

Woops, my bad! Didn't realize I put Las Vent. instead of Vegas! smile.gif

user posted image

You mean "San Fierro" and "Las Venturas" which are BOTH cities in the STATE of San Andreas.

Remember in Rockstar's universe there ARE no California or Nevada, there is only the one state of San Andreas.

But I do think you are probably right, it's probably just Los Santos.

You mean "San Fierro" and "Las Venturas" which are BOTH cities in the STATE of San Andreas.

Remember in Rockstar's universe there ARE no California or Nevada, there is only the one state of San Andreas.

But I do think you are probably right, it's probably just Los Santos.

But on their website it says GTA V is going to be based off of Southern California, which doesn't include Vegas or San Francisco.

user posted image

it also saids PRESENT DAY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (Which is a REAL PLACE) and judging by how much R* is paying attention to detail this gen (GTA4), they will most likely stay some what true (identical looking buildings, etc) to what PRESENT DAY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is, today. Meaning no LAS VEGAS or SAN FRANCISCO like places in this fictional place they call SAN ANDREAS.

Edited by mute!

TBH it starts pisses me off.

At first we were so damn hyped when the trailer launched and now....

There is only one city and no SF and LV.

This is no San Andreas anymore if they don't include SF and LV.

G1T

iGrandTheftAuto

I hope so. Until they specifically deny something then there is always hope. I really want to see SF, was I the only person who really liked SF? lol

I liked San Fierro better than Los Santos. I hope SF appears in GTA V also because like I mentioned many times in other threads San Andreas just wouldn't be the same without SF and LV.

user posted image

Snake Without a Tongue
it doesn't have LV and SF. Deal with it.

Deal with it and let's shut up about the subject until more info comes out. We've milked the issue dry.

When you look at the GTA SA map of San Andreas, it's actually five islands and each city has its own, so it's not completely breaking with how the state was imagined before to have Los Santos on its own island, plus a couple islands of countryside and mountains. The islands with San Fierro and Las Venturas will "exist" in fiction but they'll be farther away or always in a different direction than the one you're looking, and you won't be able to see them, the same way past GTA maps are inexplicably in the middle of endless ocean even though they're presumably on the east or west coast of the U.S.

Oh look another negative comment.

You can't state if the game does or doesn't include LV and SF...only if you worked for Rockstar you would know. Do you? I think not.

You can't state if the game does or doesn't include LV and SF...only if you worked for Rockstar you would know. Do you? I think not.

It's based on South California, I don't see North California, do you?

It's based on South California, I don't see North California, do you?

San Andreas is a fictional state and consists of 3 Cities: Los Santos, Las Venturas & San Fierro. icon14.gif

Harwood Butch3r

How many threads do we need on this subject? You guys that are holding onto some belief that SF and LV are going to be revealed in later trailers are setting yourseleves up for disappointment and you'll only have yourselves to blame.