GTAV on Wii U?

gtafreak102

Don't mean to start a console war (if you do I will report you) but if GTA V was on Wii U what would graphics look like, the control scheme, gameplay elements etc. NO SPAMMING!! Discuss.

the control scheme

Basically the same, except a WiiU controller now instead of a DS3/360 controller.

gameplay elements

Same i guess.

what would graphics look like

Same models and textures, but rendered @ 720p 60fps or maybe even @ 1080p 30fps, nothing really too different.

FlavouredMilk

Ever watched Grand Theft Awesome IV?

You know the part Niko goes 'What, No, I did not want to jack him!'

That defines how GTA V would play on the Wii U.

Would look and run slightly better than current gen versions. Even if the Wii U IS a next-gen console I don't think it'll be able to deliver much more impressive graphics.

I think the Xbox Orbit and PS4 will blow our minds soon!

Imagine if they were showing the game of on the WII U?

That would be a huge surprise to everyone.

I know it's highly unlikely so please don't bash me.

I started a topic like that. I got bashed. I don't know why.. people just hate Nintendo.. I'm just saying we can't rule out the possibility.

Why is it unlikely? R* already made GTA's for Nintendo handhelds. And everyone who's bashing someone who talks about a nex-gen console, is a complete idiot!

Edited by Versous

GTAV WIIU will definately happen in fact I'm sure it will be one of the launch games, seeing as nintendo are going through a rough patch best believe they will sell the sh*t out of the fact that it will be the superior version and as for the controller, I doubt they will use it for anything too exteme since unlike chinatown wars the game was originally intended for traditional controllers, the best we can expect is a map interface where waypoints can be made at the touch of the controller's screen here's some examples I made a while back.

user posted image

I know I had alllllot of time to waste back then.

I started a topic like that. I got bashed. I don't know why.. people just hate Nintendo.. I'm just saying we can't rule out the possibility.

Oh yeah I remember reading it.

You said something about both companies seem like they want to work together but haven't been given a real chance to?

Anyway Nintendo hate, well Nintendo rebuilt the video game industry people are so fast to forget.

I would love to see that! I don't know why people hate Nintendo so much too. Think about it: we could have some features from Chinatown Wars like filling bottles with gas to make Molotov cocktails, we could play the lotto, find some good stuff in the trash... a lot of things would be better with the touch screen AND, it would still being a HD game, and it would look even better than PS3 and XBOX 360 as it would be a newer system.

I would love to see that! I don't know why people hate Nintendo so much too. Think about it: we could have some features from Chinatown Wars like filling bottles with gas to make Molotov cocktails, we could play the lotto, find some good stuff in the trash... a lot of things would be better with the touch screen AND, it would still being a HD game, and it would look even better than PS3 and XBOX 360 as it would be a newer system.

I agree with this.

Wii U is supposed to be a promising new part of Nintendo's life with its life to start by the end of next year. I see no reason why Rockstar couldn't try it out on the Wii U, especially with some of gaming's biggest companies saying it surpasses what they've toyed around with in the past.

GTAV WIIU will definately happen in fact I'm sure it will be one of the launch games, seeing as nintendo are going through a rough patch best believe they will sell the sh*t out of the fact that it will be the superior version and as for the controller, I doubt they will use it for anything too exteme since unlike chinatown wars the game was originally intended for traditional controllers, the best we can expect is a map interface where waypoints can be made at the touch of the controller's screen here's some examples I made a while back.

I know I had alllllot of time to waste back then.

Hey, man, I remember you posting that once. icon14.gif

I think GTA V on the Wii U would be great. More people that don't wanna look into the 360 or PS3 will get to experience how great the franchise is.

I said before, will say again, Not likely to be GTA V, just a GTA of some type, wait and see....might be a new franchise, RDR? Who knows really??

bad. too bad of processing power.

Strange, if this were true then the PS3 and 360 couldn't run it, since the WiiU is going to be at least as powerful or more so than both current gen leaders.

Honestly, if the game does release on the Wii U the same day as it does on the PS3 and 360, I'd definitely pick it up on that. Think about the possibilities: having the radio dials on the tablet, switching out weapons faster, and as mentioned earlier, all of the features from Chinatown Wars just to name a few.

If this really is The big N's return to hardcore gaming, they are going to need this on their system -- and with better features and graphics than their competitors. I could even see the Wii U launching the same day as this game, which would surely boost the sales for both.

Doubtful. Dan Houser said they're looking at the hardware, but never suggested that GTA 5 would come out on it, so expect something later, down the road

They might just do a slimmed down GTA type game targeted exclusively for Wii U perhaps... I don't see anything wrong with the console, it looks kinda cool, at least they're trying to do new things and to do their own things. Xbox is just a hunk of sh*t, and GTA saw it's roots on playstation (apart from computer). I think R* themselves have a soft spot for PS3, I remember reading an interview with somebody from R* saying they prefer the PS3's warmer tone of graphics on GTA4...

Honestly, if the game does release on the Wii U the same day as it does on the PS3 and 360, I'd definitely pick it up on that. Think about the possibilities: having the radio dials on the tablet, switching out weapons faster, and as mentioned earlier, all of the features from Chinatown Wars just to name a few.

If this really is The big N's return to hardcore gaming, they are going to need this on their system -- and with better features and graphics than their competitors. I could even see the Wii U launching the same day as this game, which would surely boost the sales for both.

Agreed. They should pick up on the Wii U's hardware.

It won't be GTA Five, I actually haven't read up on the Wii U, but I assume that's the best system they'll have on offer compared to others they compete with

Is the Wii U actually powerful now? I havent payed too much attention to it, as I don't care for Nintendo. But I do know, if it's anything like the original Wii then it would be appauling, like what they done to Black Ops on the Wii!