Police dogs?

Rocks-tar

Why not?

So, apparently, we have animals in GTA V (including dogs), we could have some police dogs.

If you are wanted, they can bite you, and you could lose health, or get busted!

Hidden? They can feel and find you.

It would be a great improvement to the cop system!

Why not?

So, apparently, we have animals in GTA V (including dogs), we could have some police dogs.

I hope so.

Yeah, great idea. I'm sure there will be police dogs. Yay...

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

I'm not sure about this one. While it'd be a cool feature, it would get annoying for the police dog to bite you like the f*ckin' coyotes in Red Dead. Also I am positive I would have no fun shooting dogs in a video game.

I don't see why not, but not to many of them and only around two to three stars or so.

But it's like another post said I bet they'd get annoying, but that's what my AK is for. tounge2.gif

only 5 stars or more...not only helicopters are looking for you, but police dogs have to try and sniff you out and maybe thats how the cops will know where you are...that seems fair instead of cops sniffing u out everywhere u go like they are superhuman

I just KNEW the 1000+ Wolves I've hacked up in RDR was in preparation for something.

Bring on the barking pigs.

...Also I am positive I would have no fun shooting dogs in a video game.

I am all for animal rights and all.. but you realize this is a fictional game... you shouldn't want to run over innocent people in reality.. do you?

I think it would be a great addition. Smuggling missions with police drug sniffing dogs.

When your running from the cops. choppers ahead, dogs realeased behind you..

only 5 stars or more...not only helicopters are looking for you, but police dogs have to try and sniff you out and maybe thats how the cops will know where you are...that seems fair instead of cops sniffing u out everywhere u go like they are superhuman

The issue with that is, that you get Five Stars when you're doing some one man Army sh*t, and I don't think they'd send K-9 units to deal with that, they usually send them after people who decided to run after some sort of minor crime (as in some guy dealing drugs runs off and they send out a dog or two to sniff them out) , not people intent on making a few city blocks, into a war zone.

iGrandTheftAuto
Why not?

I like that idea! icon14.gif

user posted image

I'm not sure about this one. While it'd be a cool feature, it would get annoying for the police dog to bite you like the f*ckin' coyotes in Red Dead. Also I am positive I would have no fun shooting dogs in a video game.

Dogs are ok if they don't attack the player. I won't shoot a realistic dog in a game. Hated that mission in CoD4 in which you have to shoot the shepards. Just ran away from them. Or if the police will have dogs there should be a cheat which deactivates the attacks.

Too many weirdos on GTAF prefer to kill people before pixelated animals.

It's starting to tick me off now.

Why not at 2 stars ?

That's what I was thinking, about one or two stars is when they'll appear, maybe at high levels but rarely, just if you happen to pass a K-9 unit car, but they should stop actively spawning/searching for you after 2 stars.

You know how after awhile in GTA there’s more FBI and Swat at higher levels but the occasional patrol car will tag on too.

I think the addition of K9 units would be awesome. You wouldn't necessarily have to shoot the dogs to get rid of them, you could just kick them away or something, and jump the fence or whatever.

If the police have dogs i want to have a dog as well.

One that follows you everywhere you go and you can throw ball with it or frisbee yeah that'd be nice.

i bet that will spark stupid ASPCA and all those animal rights geeks to try to ban the game. lol.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

police dogs? yes.....

nothing like call of duty dogs though! dogs that jump in our direction and kill us without actually making any contact? NO.....

dogs which realistically attack us and bark and growl, causing us to have to struggle or fight back or kill it to get away? YES

guard dogs, random people walking dogs, police dogs, street cats should all be in this game. it was fine on RDR.

Yeah, and we need detection dogs to. See it as a mission: Need to take the dogs from the cops, go to some hangers and search for drugs with them. cool.gif

The K9 cars can pull up, their back windows roll down, and the savage beasts leap out & attack you!

Lol @ the people who can shoot a human being in a video game but cringe at the idea of shooting a dog.

Seriously, plus dogs suck anyway. Cats are way better and harmless. The f*ck would you shoot a cat for?

Dog you'd shoot in self-defense.

I'm not sure if a dog could be implemented, there are many things needed for a dog to work well in a GTA game.

It should be used when the player is out of the car and without quick access to one.

It needs to be used when the player has time to react (shooting moving targets isn't the best thing to do with GTA mechanics)

It needs to be used in a place where the player could hide and a dog would work better than a police officer.

So, I'm not sure.

I'm always in for "more" but i'm not sure this would work or be fun.

Some games like call of duty uses dogs as "Insta-kill" that can be very frustrating.