Interaction

dragon1604

No, not sexual interaction, fools.

I'm talking about sitting down on benches, couches, recliners, buses, trolleys, planes.

CAN WE SIT FOR ONCE!? I have an odd obsession with being able to sit in video games. As if I weren't lazy enough.

But seriously, I loved Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV for the sole reason that you could interact with the environment. Drink from a sink, toilet (lol). Sit in a chair. With mods, you could even smoke a cigarette while sitting.

Give us cigarettes and let our character smoke one if we're sitting or idle. That'd be nice.

Let us use the buses for transportation and let us see the inside of it, with all kinds of different people. Maybe you could take the bus hostage even, Filipino style.

I know I'm crazy, but I LOVE INTERACTION. Your thoughts?

ResidentPSYCHO

I noticed the fairground attractions in the trailer, I hope we can interact with the rides this time. Also would be cool to use vending machines.

I think sitting down could be done, just pretend the bench is a car with no engine, instead of opening a door and getting in, the animation just sits you down. We have already seen people sitting on the back of the 4x4's/jeeps in the trailer which is similar.

Edited by ResidentPSYCHO

I believe interaction is the key to a good, immerse experience.

I can totally see the character sitting down, its simple touches like this that make the game stand out more, and depending on how the police will be handled, i think we could expect some benefit in sitting down and looking casual.

ResidentPSYCHO

I can totally see the character sitting down, its simple touches like this that make the game stand out more, and depending on how the police will be handled, i think we could expect some benefit in sitting down and looking casual.

I would love that, they have something exactly like that in assassins creed, where you can sit down between people or walk in a group to blend in.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

I sure as hell hop so. I'd like to be able to actually walk around inside of a bus and choose which seat I would sit in. After seeing the scene in the trailer where there are a few people in the back of a Mesa (Jeep), sitting freely and swaying with the vehicle's movements, I'd like to be able to do the same.

This

Say you're running down the boardwalk with the police on your ass and you run down to the pier and sit on a bench, maybe read a newspaper.

Then the wanted star(s) will start blinking like in GTA IV and you'll eventually lose them.

Assassin's Creed had a feature like that where you blended with the crowd and lost unwanted attention, perhaps GTA 5 could draw off of that.

It's not hard to add immersion to the game though, like you walk up to a bench "Press Y to sit down."

Go to convenience store, buy a pack of smokes. "Press LB/L2 to smoke a cigarette, if you want to put it out, press LB/L2 again."

Bus controls: "Once you find a seat, press Y to sit down. Press B for cinematic view. Press X to stop at your destination."

Edit: Hah someone beat me to the punch in my reply about Assassin's Creed.

Drink from a sink, toilet (lol)

I remember blindly interacting with a toilet on Fallout 3 and thinking "wtf are you doing?!" biggrin.gif

Interaction is certainly something I wanted to see in previous GTA games - things like flicking light switches, breaking fuse boxes, ringing door bells, everything like that. Not everything needs to have a purpose of course, but it helps with the overall immersion, helping you feel like the world isn't just a static model.

31805323.png

I think it was Scarface: The World was Yours that had a sort of "people call the cops system" alongside with the "heat-circle" that we even use now in GTA.

In Scarface it wasn't always about "after you made enough noise, the cops are on you", it was sort of if someone sees a crime, the call in the cops and if they get you walking around with your guns or something you would be busted (obviously, we don't have such system in GTA, since people seeing you with guns make no difference at all).

But, I like the idea of someone calling the cops and instead of they already knowing "oh its this dude", you had the opportunity to try to slip in, sit on a bench, walk calmly, don't run. Its a simple feature, a idea, that can add some layers of gameplay experience, that won't do harm to people who don't enjoy it, but at the same time can add a lot of fun to people who like it.

Wouldn't mind sitting in the back of trucks. The trailer showed some people sitting in the back of a truck. That would be cool, imagine 4 people sitting in the back of a truck and 2 in the drive seats in multiplayer.