GTAV Fanmade Map

ch3vychas3

Here's my fanmade map of GTAV. I've finally come to the conclusion, that 99% of my time spent in San Andreas was the bottom half of the map - either the countryside or in Los Santos. I've used the San Andreas map, removed the other 2 cities, and incorporated what could be the feel for a GTAV map judging by the trailer...

user posted image

Note: The mountain ranges on the top left and right at some point become unreachable and block you from the outside world. Sadly. I imagine the height of planes will be restricted vertically so you can't fly over these.

Make of this map what you will, I'm half asleep. dozingoff.gif

Edited by ch3vychas3

You should remove the LV area since the R* assholes only focus on LS.

I personally hated LV, but the places in this map I chose because they were the most frequent (or only) places I ever played in GTA San Andreas. The desert in this map is just desert, no city, and could have removed the whole Area 51 stuff if I was bothered... but yeah... I think the landscape will have to transition into desert at some point in GTAV

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Here's my fanmade map of GTAV. I've finally come to the conclusion, that 99% of my time spent in San Andreas was the bottom half of the map - either the countryside or in Los Santos. I've used the San Andreas map, removed the other 2 cities, and incorporated what could be the feel for a GTAV map judging by the trailer...

user posted image

Note: The mountain ranges on the top left and right at some point become unreachable and block you from the outside world. Sadly. I imagine the height of planes will be restricted vertically so you can't fly over these.

Make of this map what you will, I'm half asleep. dozingoff.gif

Rotate this clockwise 90 degrees, then make it 5 times the size, and you're getting there.

Picture a pink golfball in your mind.

Won't work because of the planes! tounge.gif

There are ways around that.

no

L71cGcK.png

no

dude, there's a thing called vertical limits. who says your precious plane can fly as high as these badass mountain ranges.

no

dude, there's a thing called vertical limits. who says your precious plane can fly as high as these badass mountain ranges.

real life. have you ever had a flight cancelled cause there's a mountain blocking the way?

L71cGcK.png

no

real life. have you ever had a flight cancelled cause there's a mountain blocking the way?

this is a video game, not real life.

don't you remember in GTAIV, not being able to fly the helicopter to the very top of the empire state building? just think about that - but with mountains infront of you.

no

don't you remember in GTAIV, not being able to fly the helicopter to the very top of the empire state building? just think about that - but with mountains infront of you.

limiting planes to go so low would be beyond unrealistic.

L71cGcK.png

no

NPC Passenger jets fly higher than the vertical limit of planes piloted by the player.

no

NPC Passenger jets fly higher than the vertical limit of planes piloted by the player.

who confirms that we can even fly planes? it may only be helicopters only, and seaplanes or something piddley like that.

no

who confirms that we can even fly planes? it may only be helicopters only, and seaplanes or something piddley like that.

I'm confirming it. Right now. You can fly every plane shown in the trailer except the commercial passenger jets.

no

Keep in mind I like your map, just saying with planes itll not be possible to have it not be an island

By seeing the cropduster, shamal, water dodo( forgot the name ) I assume we can fly

L71cGcK.png

no

Keep in mind I like your map, just saying with planes itll not be possible to have it not be an island

By seeing the cropduster, shamal, water dodo( forgot the name ) I assume we can fly

But how are supposed to take off and land if there is only one city?

G1T

no

Counterpoint; GTA III had a plane, it also wasn't an island.

This has planes and it's not an island, but it's being handled a bit differently from GTA III.

You saw that crop duster in the trailer right? I bet you can already guess that didn't take off from LAX.

There are 3 airports within Los Santos alone (compared to 5 in Los Angeles), and there are more airports outside of the city.

Edited by OnlySurvivor

no

This has planes and it's not an island, but it's being handled a bit differently from GTA III.

I would be thrilled if we can take off and land in the desert at the Meadows airport.

G1T

GamingTheConsole

no

You saw that crop duster in the trailer right? I bet you can already guess that didn't take off from LAX.

There are 3 airports within Los Santos alone (compared to 5 in Los Angeles), and there are more airports outside of the city.

I Don't Get How Theres 3 Airpors In Los Santos Theres 3 big ones in san andreas and a desert one

no

I never said it had to be a vertical limit.

I won't bother posting different methods, there are plenty of open-world games out there that accomplish this pretty well, without being restricted to an island.

no

I Don't Get How Theres 3 Airpors In Los Santos Theres 3 big ones in san andreas and a desert one

Los Santos might be much bigger than RDR map so they surely put more than one airport (military airport for example)

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

no

Los Santos in GTA V is larger than San Andreas in GTA: SA.

Please actually just stop posting some sectors of maps where you've added parts of a previous map to, and rotating them. It's ridiculous.