MA15 or R18

Vegetarian Piranha

MA15 or R18  

192 members have voted

1. 1. MA15 or R18

• MA-15
    • R-18

Vegetarian Piranha

to be honest ill be voting for R18 as it lets R* go all out and wont have any reason to hold back on anything.

my other reason is to hopefully get rid of some of the lil 12 year olds...god they are annoying.

R18 ofc

Nothing will get rid of the 12 year olds.

It would help if in free roam you can see whos talking... instead i just have to mute everyone

If the Australian government would hurry their arses up and get on with the process of introducing an R18+ rating in Australia for video games, then I would prefer Grand Theft Auto V to be rated R18. I don't want to see anything filtered in Grand Theft Auto V as it was in GTA IV if it doesn't meet the MA-15+ criteria (which it most likely won't), and I don't want to see Grand Theft Auto V banned here, either.

RE9mJnf.png

Vegetarian Piranha

im just hoping their parents would be like "holysh*t its R18..*slaps kid*, how about viva pinata?"

im just hoping their parents would be like "holysh*t its R18..*slaps kid*, how about viva pinata?"

Mhm well i was playing GTA 3 when i was 9 but of course i was never online annoying anybody else

Vegetarian Piranha

Mhm well i was playing GTA 3 when i was 9 but of course i was never online annoying anybody else

true... that was gaming before online stepped in biggrin.gif

wouldnt bother me if the litttle kids stayed offline or kept to themselves.

i have another idea but seriously cant be bothered going into to much depth but here it is.

what if you could search for a game like you can in forza 4.. you have your basic pre-set games and then you have user created games which have distinct name and purpose.

if you dnt get me just message me.

Lets hope so, don't need any 12 year old buggers mouthing off on live chat, or though some times it just hilarious listening to them nut out smile.gif

I wonder if that will stop the Australian classification board from cutting content or banning the game outright, heard something about the the aussie classifacation board trying to ban games like GTA. effects New Zealand as we are in the same region as Australia, we got the same toned down version of GTA IV as Aussie's did when it came out.

If the Australian government would hurry their arses up and get on with the process of introducing an R18+ rating in Australia for video games, then I would prefer Grand Theft Auto V to be rated R18. I don't want to see anything filtered in Grand Theft Auto V as it was in GTA IV if it doesn't meet the MA-15+ criteria (which it most likely won't), and I don't want to see Grand Theft Auto V banned here, either.

As far as I know, only some blood stains and hooker camera angles were altered. Barely used the hos and the blood seemed fine with the MA rating.

sucks doesnt it ^^^

if it gets banned it's gonna suck really bad. hope the aussie classification board don't start banning games like GTA

Edited by mrmojo_prime

If it is censored then they most likely do what they did with IV. R* put out a patch to basically undo the censorship... champions.

I live in Australia, and I'm over 18 so R18+ I hope. I don't want it to be dulled down just to get an MA15+ rating. Hopefully we have R18+ before it's release.

I would lay my life on it that it will be 18 rating.

SIG-2.jpg

I'm American, so I don't care.

ESRB FTW.

Well, if ESRB sticks V with AO, MS and Sony will refuse to license it for their consoles. There is no government censorship, but it still doesn't mean that developers can do whatever they want if they want the game to sell.

On the other hand, AO rating would require a pretty major slip-up on R*'s part. *cough*hot coffee*cough* So it's very unlikely that this will be even an issue.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Harwood Butch3r

Another R18+ vote for me. I'm 25 and I don't want some watered version. I'm not a kid anymore you tossers on the Australian Classification Board. confused.gif

R18 / mature for sure. I need my killing sprees otherwise it just isn't GTA.

I just hope they scale back the language. Not because I'm particularly offended by it, just that in recent GTA editions it seems to have been used in the place of clever humour. I'm sure some people find F-bombs here, there and everywhere hilarious, but they don't nearly compare to the humour in the early 3D GTA games.

31805323.png

R 18+

In the Australian version of GTA IV, they blocked/removed heaps of stuff like pools of blood forming on their head when they die.

I want to play the game how it is meant to be played!

R 18+

In the Australian version of GTA IV, they blocked/removed heaps of stuff like pools of blood forming on their head when they die.

I want to play the game how it is meant to be played!

It wasn't really heaps of stuff. Check my post above.

R18 / mature for sure. I need my killing sprees otherwise it just isn't GTA.

I just hope they scale back the language. Not because I'm particularly offended by it, just that in recent GTA editions it seems to have been used in the place of clever humour. I'm sure some people find F-bombs here, there and everywhere hilarious, but they don't nearly compare to the humour in the early 3D GTA games.

It depends on the nature of the game I guess.

I remember when I first played SA and the numerous f-bombs... I was pretty damn excited. They held the language back in the GTA's prior to San Andreas (III, VC) and it seemed like an episode of 24. confused.gif

to those aussies who are saying R18

In case you haven't realised, R18 = banned

it's been made clear that it take at least a couple of years to actually get the ratings system changed, and tbat is if everything goes right

currently all states are now in favour of it but there is still a long way to go

to those aussies who are saying R18

In case you haven't realised, R18 = banned

it's been made clear that it take at least a couple of years to actually get the ratings system changed, and tbat is if everything goes right

currently all states are now in favour of it but there is still a long way to go

I'm glad someone finally pointed this out. Although there has been growing support from the governments (something that hasn't been there in years gone by) it will still take a fair while for the ratings laws to be changed. I read in a news article somewhere that although the support has finally got to a stage where it could be changed, it wouldn't be likely to change for at least a couple of years. Earlier this week David Emery (Classification Board applications manager) outlined a lengthy process that needs to take place for the ratings to change.

If we are looking at a release within 2 years (which most would agree is likely) than an R18+ game would have to be censored down to fit into the MA15+ category, or banned outright.

Of course, once the ratings are changed the games can be resubmitted to try and get classed as R18+, but whether or not it would be financially viable for Rockstar/Take Two is a decision for them to make.

In light of these arguments, I have to stick to MA15+ for Australia (for now), and R18+ (or AO) for everywhere else, so it can be introduced once we catch up with the rest of the worlds rating system.

RWJ0j-resized.png

Buy it online from another country.

Buy it online from another country.

Any games rated R18+ will effectively be banned in Australia. However, customs officials aren't the most alert people when concerning video games should you decide to import.

Those little kids will continue to play the game no matter what. The rating of the game has never succeeded in stopping them before, so why would it stop them now?

Here in the US it's guaranteed that V will get an M rating. I bet you when a new GTA comes out the ESRB doesn't even play the game. They just automatically slap the M sticker on the box and copy and paste the content descriptors from pretty much every other GTA lol.