GTA V will appear on next generation of consoles

fanulfandin92

fanulfandin92

My opinion is that GTA V will appear on next generation of consoles.

Video games were in production for ps4 since 2010, can develop games for consoles even if they have not appeared on the market.

In 2010, Yahoo News announces that PS4 will be launched in 2012 and that are video games already in development for PS4.

Edited by fanulfandin92

Harwood Butch3r

So tell me genius how R* have managed to make a trailer for a game they've designed for consoles that don't even exist?

Halo_Override
My opinion is that nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Then what did they make the trailer with?  tounge2.gif

A PC bored.gif

But it'll come out for PS3/360, it looks like current gen graphics and it'll still be at least a year before next gen hits.

It will appear on the next gen consoles in the sense that the next gen consoles will be backwards compatable.

I did notice a lack of current-gen logos at the end of the trailer.

By golly, he must be right!

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Harwood Butch3r

A PC bored.gif

But it'll come out for PS3/360, it looks like current gen graphics and it'll still be at least a year before next gen hits.

It's rumored that next gen isn't due until roughly 2014/2015. Besides if they were going to make it a next gen game wouldn't it have made sense to wait longer until the next gen consoles were given an official word?

Even if the PC version was used to promote the trailer it's obvious it's using R.A.G.E which IMO still has a lot of potential left to give before developing a new engine for next gen.

Edited by Miamivicecity

My opinion is that nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

This

user posted image

fanulfandin92

So tell me genius how R* have managed to make a trailer for a game they've designed for consoles that don't even exist?

Video games were in production for ps4 since 2010, can develop games for consoles even if they have not appeared on the market.

In 2010, Yahoo News announces that PS4 will be launched in 2012 and that are video games already in development for PS4.

Harwood Butch3r

In 2010 Yahoo News announces that PS4 will be launched in 2012 and that are video games already in development for PS4.

Have any of these games had trailers released for them though? I'm not saying it isn't possible, but does it really take a rocket scientist to say it'll be on 360/PS3?

GTA III was NOT announced then given a trailer before the PS2 had launched and the same for GTA IV.

I know you're entitled to your opinion, but to me I think this idea of GTA V being next gen is absurd.

Edited by Miamivicecity

A PC bored.gif

It's rumored that next gen isn't due until roughly 2014/2015. Besides if they were going to make it a next gen game wouldn't it have made sense to wait longer until the next gen consoles were given an official word?

No, I agree that it'll come out this gen for PS3/360, just sayin that the trailer could've been made using a PC.

Also I'm hoping for new console announcements next E3. Probably wont happen, but this gen needs to finish some time soon.

I agree. I find it very hard to believe that a trailer would've been made on a console that doesn't even exist. And to the person who said that "it looks like next gen graphics", are you serious? I have seen many games that look visually better then what Grand Theft Auto V looks, and they are out on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. I don't see why Rockstar would develop for a console/s that doesn't even exist, and considering that the next generation of consoles won't come around until 2014 - I highly doubt that Rockstar would wait several more years after the first trailer release, to release Grand Theft Auto V.

RE9mJnf.png

Then why does it look like this gen graphics?

Because this is all part of Rockstar's elaborate marketing ploy to trick everyone into thinking Grand Theft Auto V is just another current generation title. They created an incredibly well made city, tons of character models, and animations just for their short trailers. When the game is finally released and we insert the disc into our consoles, it will reveal a trailer for the real Grand Theft Auto V that will show photorealistic graphics and a release date for the Xbox 720. When the trailer ends, it will give us a code that we will have to enter into our Xbox 720s to download the game when it's finally released.

fanulfandin92 has just cracked the marketing campaign of the century.

Yes because a year old yahoo news story is concrete proof that next gen is coming next year. sigh.gif

Then have not even announced the next gen consoles. When they do, it will be at least 18 months before they are on sale. So you are looking at 2013 before they come out, and probably towards the end of that year. GTA V will be an old game before the next gen machines are here.

LOL! icon14.gif

x3FWE.png