Cop Idea

jynxdays

muppetmaster_karma.gif What would you guys think of a system where everytime you hit a cop car, they dont turn on sirens or shoot at you, they just get out their car and show their badge then give you an option to pay a fine for the car, and if you dont pay, they will cuff you. And the cops try to stop fights instead of arresting, like a warning. Good idea?

Hello. I am one of the last grove street warriors alive and on the streets. I've seen all my homies get locked up for life and I saw my closest homies get layed out. Grove for life

It would certainly be more realistic, but I think i'd probably end up abusing such a system too much, and would miss out on a lot of cop fights / chases.

Stuff like that is only interesting and fun for about an hour, then it just becomes tedious and annoying.

It would certainly be more realistic, but I think i'd probably end up abusing such a system too much, and would miss out on a lot of cop fights / chases.

Yeah but we would still be able to be chased if we pull out a gun on them and run when they are speaking, and resisting arrest then they will chase and put out spikes in the streets

Hello. I am one of the last grove street warriors alive and on the streets. I've seen all my homies get locked up for life and I saw my closest homies get layed out. Grove for life

muppetmaster_karma.gif   What would you guys think of a system where everytime you hit a cop car, they dont turn on sirens or shoot at you, they just get out their car and show their badge then give you an option to pay a fine for the car, and if you dont pay, they will cuff you. And the cops try to stop fights instead of arresting, like a warning. Good idea?

Vastly improved Police AI is one of the key elements that must be addressed if V is to earn it's numeric title.

I like the ideas you've presented.

Paying a fine when hitting a cop car would work great, as long as the game doesn't suck you in to a "pay the fine" animation or cut scene. It should be completely up to the player to stop and pay the fine, or just leave, in which case a one star wanted level would be earned.

"Real" police like tactics must be on tap. I hope.

wouldn't it be great if cops were just great like that; i like a little challenge as appose to RL

Edited by johnson.

You could already hit a car, a COP CAR, in GTA IV and not have anything happen, it depended on you using your gas or not, if you collided without speeding up, it would typically not cause an issue. We should see more discussions on this though

Stuff like that is only interesting and fun for about an hour, then it just becomes tedious and annoying.

Why would it become tedious? You could chose to just run/drive away, after which the regular wanted system comes into play.

Sounds great. It's much better to pay a fine than get busted for a crime I didn't commit. (if you know what I mean lol)

iGrandTheftAuto

I like the idea, but I like being chased by the cops, other than have them make me pay a fine. There really isn't any fun in that.

user posted image