Rockstar Games Announce GTA: San Andreas

gtacrazyz

August 20, 2004

Welcome to the launch of the official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas website. Welcome to Los Santos.

Featuring the debut of the very first San Andreas trailer.

In grand Grand Theft Auto fashion, much more is always to come.

Source:

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/ - Under the "News" Title (Scroll down to bottom of text on right of screen)

this is a similar announcement to what was made this time...i understand that this time around the announcement was ever so slightly more specific however i wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of what we'd all seem to like to see in GTAV.

im not saying this is "evidence" of anything or that it really changes much...just a small hope that they could do the same thing as they did back then.

Thoughts?

Difference is from the start they showed what cities would be included...

Eh... First GTA SA trailer only showed Los Santos.

Yeah but the annoucment, which is what we just saw, established that it would be more than Los Santos.

August 20, 2004

Welcome to the launch of the official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas website. Welcome to Los Santos.

Source:

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/ - Under the "News" Title (Scroll down to bottom of text on right of screen)

this is a similar announcement to what was made this time...i understand that this time around the announcement was ever so slightly more specific however i wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of what we'd all seem to like to see in GTAV.

im not saying this is "evidence" of anything or that it really changes much...just a small hope that they could do the same thing as they did back then.

Thoughts?

just noticed that. It only says los santos.

They may be pulling are leg. Even if they confirmed its in only los santos, they still may be pulling are leg. Remember dan houser said there would be no gta 5 for a while but a month later it was announced? Yea.

By the way, its being the same GTA 5 did. GTA SA only said it was los santos AND it only showed LS in the trailer and only LS pics. De je vu for gta 5 trailer anyone?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

lol... back in early 2003 when San Andreas was first announced; everyone here didn't even fathom that San Andreas would include Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. We all assumed it would only be based in San Francisco, because GTA1's rendition of San Andreas was heavily based on San Francisco.

Anyone else remember this fake screenshot from back in the day? lol.gif

user posted image

lol... back in early 2003 when San Andreas was first announced; everyone here didn't even fathom that San Andreas would include Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. We all assumed it would only be based in San Francisco, because GTA1's rendition of San Andreas was heavily based on San Francisco.

user posted image

It is amazing how far we have come in the space of 8 years.

I am looking forward to the 2019 version of GTA. biggrin.gif

user posted image

haha i remember this!

but see this is what im talking about, we don't know enough...rockstar have got us talking...and talking alot! which is great for publicity and for us to get our hopes up/down confused/excited etc etc

for all we know in a month or 2 we're all going to be talking about the next city and saying "ah but there DEFINATLY won't be another"

know what i mean?

just saying its early days, everyone saying "this has been confirmed and so had that" are technicaly all still speculating because as of yet NOTHING has been 100% confirmed (besides the fact that it will INCLUDE LS, countryside, beach...)

Yeah but the annoucment, which is what we just saw, established that it would be more than Los Santos.

Okay, show us the announcement that says it would include more cities then. I want an announcement from the START. Not one written a few months later before the game's release.

Harwood Butch3r

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Las Venturas at least wont be one of other "potential" cities. They said it's a re-imaging of Southern California. I'm not even from the U.S and even I know that Las Vegas which Las Venturas is based on is in Nevada, not Southern California.

You guys are making your own bed of disappointment I think, but you'll only have yourselves to blame.

August 20, 2004

Source:

Thoughts?

Excellent Job man.. Here's a beer and a leg of Bar B Cue what ever.... Fk a cookie ... you deserve man st for that.

You are right. was the first announcement was named "Welcome to los Santos" ?

Edited by TruXter

I love that its los santos would be more thrilled if it was the state but i like what they are giving me

Wow... look at the people not getting what this post is about.

Not even reading what is writtin. just post and move on to next thread. lol.

TheTerminatorNY

That is not true at all. It was a HUGE surprise that San Andreas was actually a state and not a city. When the announcement was made and the trailer was shown, everyone thought it was just a Los Angeles-based game.

Thank you for bring in some sense into this thread. icon14.gif I am 100% with you that this is only the beginning. I just don't understand why other people don't understand this yet and are already on rockstar's backs after only the first trailer.

Hm, interesting thoughts. Personally I really hope this is the case. I mean, technically they didn't say that the game will head ONLY to Los Santos. It could also then head to somewhere else? But even if it turns out just to be one very large and detailed city/surrounding area I'm sure Rockstar will make sure it's great.

ije3Gsb.png

Oh I am betting it's going to be a bit longer. March-May.

This isn't the little cheap fun game that iii San Andreas was.

and yeah I hope they do take their time.

You do realize that the last San Andreas wasn't cheap, nor little. That was quite ground breaking for the time back then.

The challenges they faced then are just as tough as the ones they face this time around.

You do realize that the last San Andreas wasn't cheap, nor little. That was quite ground breaking for the time back then.

The challenges they faced then are just as tough as the ones they face this time around.

Compared to the textures we see in this?

walkingsickness

and yeah I hope they do take their time.

WTF???

Cheap??? Little???

Such blasphemy!

Check the sales records

Nothing little about that..

walkingsickness

Difference of consoles...

You think you can get the same graphics of GTA IV on PS2?

I think you guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment here...it's pretty clear to me that they're saying we're only going to be having LS and the surrounding areas. They reiterate this again by saying it's a "re-imagined Southern California". I think there's a probability we'll see Santa Barbara, or maybe even a small San Diego too, but all signs are pointing to "no" in regards to a remake of the entire San Andreas world from the previous generation's release.

Calm down.

Just the standards then were less than they are now.

If this is "the biggest ever" then I would assume it should take some time to build. with that in mind I hope it takes all the time it takes and nothing is rushed.

Don't worry I still love san andreas lol.

the funnest GTA ever

Even after the shock of GTAIII started to wear off I was excited of San Andreas.

and yes I loved VC but not as much as SA and III

IV never did it to me.... too much detail not enough shock or humor or fun.

I hope they bring that back this time around.

I think you guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment here...it's pretty clear to me that they're saying we're only going to be having LS and the surrounding areas. They reiterate this again by saying it's a "re-imagined Southern California". I think there's a probability we'll see Santa Barbara, or maybe even a small San Diego too, but all signs are pointing to "no" in regards to a remake of the entire San Andreas world from the previous generation's release.

Clearly didn't see the screen shots on the first page or even try to do what the first post suggested.

You're discussing the III era SA as if there were PS3s and 360s available. The textures in III era SA were the best R* could do at the time. anytime you're pushing technology to it's limit it's going to have challenges and be expensive.

Sure, now a days SA could be made in somebodys basement on their Dell computer, but not back in 2002-04.