Why is it called GTA V then?

crapmadgig

Ok, because we are going to another Roman Numeral this time, instead of the name of a city (e.g. GTA: Vice City), I expected the game to be set in more than one city. Unfortunately, that is not true, as Rockstar has confirmed in an official statement today that the game will only be in Los Santos and its surrounding area. Why didn't Rockstar just call this GTA: Los Santos? Is Rockstar still hiding something from us? Was it really necessary to call it "Five"?

What do you guys think?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, I haven't seen anything to denote the need for a five. Although to be far the jump from GTA one to 2 doesn't seem like they needed the jump either.

Alastair Smyth

Because they are the creators and developers of this game and can do whatever they wish to.

Plus, if I remember correctly, the "eras" were a fan created thing. I am agreeing with them most of the time, but that does not mean that Rockstar does as well.

Possibly just because Money is such an important role in the game and thats how they wanted to signify that.

Maybe because the DLC for GTA IV ended the era for the game. Its time to move on to a bigger and better game.

Maybe they just wanted to call it GTA V "FIVE"? confused.gif

Personally, I think you have a very good point. I was thinking this very thing earlier today when I was reading all the crap that is being flung around here.

If it were called, GTA:Los Santos, I don't think that there'd have been half as much complaining. It's a name that hasn't been used yet. It's clear what it would mean in terms of location.

People just wouldn't have gotten their hopes up expecting GTA:SA the sequel.

Still what's done is done.

Because this game is the beginning of a new GTA era (the 5th, to be precise).

Not really, in the trailer we saw that bum that got ahold of the diamonds in gta iv. In other words, characters from iv will be revisited in V. The era is the same, but they still called it "V". Why do that is what I'm asking.

What the hell, it's only in LS? God dammit. Source?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...nouncement.html

Well now my excitement is extremely low. Don't even know if I want to buy it now. They better make it really good, this is the most disappointing bullsh*t ever.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=491263&st=80

Come on down to the pity party buddy.

Well now my excitement is extremely low. Don't even know if I want to buy it now. They better make it really good, this is the most disappointing bullsh*t ever.

I felt the same way too. Well there's nothing we can do about it, unless Rockstar's hiding a surprise for us (unlikely)

TheTerminatorNY

Can we stop with this stupid "oMgz this Isnt a NeW ErA y r th3y caLLing it GtA V?!?!1?1?1?" It's GTA V because that's what Rockstar wanted to name it. This ridiculous "III era," "IV era," garbage was created by fans. Rockstar has never said anything about stupid eras. The next GTA game will most likely be GTA VI, then after that GTA VII, and so on and so forth.

Can we stop with this stupid "oMgz this Isnt a NeW ErA y r th3y caLLing it GtA V?!?!1?1?1?" It's GTA V because that's what Rockstar wanted to name it. This ridiculous "III era," "IV era," garbage was created by fans. Rockstar has never said anything about stupid eras. The next GTA game will most likely be GTA VI, then after that GTA VII, and so on and so forth.

But since GTA III, the Roman Numeral has been used to denote the start of a new "Era". It is not BS invented by fans. Rockstar refers to them as actual eras. Whether they are being true to them or not with their next game remains to be seen.

Maybe because the DLC for GTA IV ended the era for the game. Its time to move on to a bigger and better game.

Again with era, the new era is gonna be when new consoles are going to be released.

Because they don't want people to find out they're reusing the same map from L.A. Noire.

Dude, serious?

lol What do you think?

Halo_Override
Because they don't want people to find out they're reusing the same map from L.A. Noire.

If GTAV recreates Los Angeles and environs at the same levels of scale, detail and accuracy with which LA Noire recreated downtown Los Angeles, I will literally orgasm myself to death.

Sploosh. Top of my head, blown right off.

It won't, but if it did, I would.

Dude, serious?

There's a 65 year difference between the maps too haha. LA Noire ended in Hollywood though. It didn't extend all the way to the beach.

well because of this:

Company founder Sam Houser called the upcoming game "another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe."

and this

Rockstar says the game will present "a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based

gameplay and online multiplayer," as the game "focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar."

i think they save the numbered installments to indicate new directions and changes they are making to the formula of the game.

Again with era, the new era is gonna be when new consoles are going to be released.

GTA I and II where on playstation

well because of this:

Company founder Sam Houser called the upcoming game "another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe."

and this

Rockstar says the game will present "a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based

gameplay and online multiplayer," as the game "focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar."

i think they save the numbered installments to indicate new directions and changes they are making to the formula of the game.

But is it gonna be as revolutionary as III and IV?

III basically is where GTA begins as a mainstream success videogame. It revolutionized the industry by bringing an open-world sandbox 3D game into your hands, and you could literally do anything you imagined in the game.

IV brought a new engine to the game, and an unparalleled degree of realism we had not seen before in any GTA game. Playing IV was truly like watching a movie, as much as people want to bash it, it was a revolutionary game too (even though not in the same degree as III, but still...)

Long_Haired_Boy

I felt the same way too. Well there's nothing we can do about it, unless Rockstar's hiding a surprise for us (unlikely)

Are you sure?

Rockstar has a very good reason not to name it GTA V: Los Santos but then again why not? Hmmmm.. Somethings up. ph34r.gif