U.S. Routes in GTA V

Puma06111991

Spotted three U.S. Routes already: 1, 2 and 5.

user posted image

Haven't seen route 3 and 4, but I think it's pretty assumable that they will be there in the game too, maybe even more then five (6, 7...).

5 is going to "Los Puerta", 2 to "Del Perro" and can't read where 1 leads to.

Page on Wikipedia about the U.S. routes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_routes

Route 5 is going through Los Angeles too, but route 2 for example lies next to the Canadian border. From the fact that GTA V San Andreas has it's own routes, placed in an order that does not match with the real world, it can be concluded that the map must be pretty big. Rockstar wouldn't add at least 5 freeways/routes that all lead to dead ends (end of the map) or some forest. I guess they must lead to some other cities, but I'm not sure about this, since Rockstar said that the game would take place in Los Santos and surroundings..

08LasVenturas
Rockstar wouldn't add at least 5 freeways/routes that all lead to dead ends (end of the map) or some forest. I guess they must lead to some other cities, but I'm not sure about this, since Rockstar said that the game would take place in Los Santos and surroundings..

Well maybe there's a Route 5, a Route 2, and nothing else. They don't have to use up all the numbers. You never know. However, I have a feeling it will be a big map to make it seem more like LA. The whole reason LC was small was because NYC is small in real life, whereas LA is huuge.

Yeah this has been the best argument for more than one city in the game despite what Rockstar has said.

R* has said that it will take place in Los Santos, however it has not denied that Las Venturas and San Fierro or some other cities will be in the game too. This is a great argument for there being more than one city for sure.

user posted image

Can you Zoom in on that sign in the top right to see what it says? upping the brightness actually helped. 1st person I saw do that cookie.gif

These aren't routes. They're called Interstates. It seems interesting that the Interstate 5 appears in the game and that's a real highway in Los Angeles.

Well they could be Rockstar's versions of:

California State Route 1

user posted image

California State Route 2

user posted image

Interstate 5 (in California)

user posted image

Yeah its just R* freeway versions which are scaled down because SR2 is the glendale freeway, its no where near east LA..

Well they could be Rockstar's versions of:

California State Route 1

user posted image

California State Route 2

user posted image

Interstate 5 (in California)

user posted image

That could be possible, but it's still awkward how Rockstar would turn all the routes into Interstates. In the United States (and by extent Canada and Mexico), government highways (called Interstates in the US) are often funded by the government and often are 2 road. U.S. Routes are also funded by the government, but are often only 1 road (though some have been renovated as Interstates but not re-named). State routes can be both 1 road or 2 road but funded by state governments (province in Canada). It wouldn't make much sense with the real-life U.S. Highway System.

Rockstar wouldn't add at least 5 freeways/routes that all lead to dead ends (end of the map) or some forest.

What do you guys think about this?

Another thing to point out is the first San Andreas trailer that came out only showed LA. So at this point it wouldn't make sense to talk about other cities before it even gets revealed.

Rockstar wouldn't add at least 5 freeways/routes that all lead to dead ends (end of the map) or some forest.

What do you guys think about this?

There has to be a purpose. Today in the announcement no words about San Fierro of Las Venturas. but know when I see this. I think it's still posible.

They said southern California and that also includes smaller cities or villages etcetera.

They said southern California and that also includes smaller cities or villages etcetera.

True, so maybe the missing Interstate highways are going to some of the smaller cities in the surrounding area's of Los Santos?

I definantely think so. Having a big city, surrounded by a lot of forrest, would just be very unrealistic. The Red County in San Andreas is also filled with small villages, truckstops etcetera.

Haven't seen route 3 and 4, but I think it's pretty assumable that they will be there in the game too, maybe even more then five (6, 7...).

True, so maybe the missing Interstate highways are going to some of the smaller cities in the surrounding area's of Los Santos?

I lol'd when you guys assumed this. Obviously you're not natives of Los Angeles. There aren't any "missing" freeways because the 1, the 2, and the 5 are simply major freeways to get in and out and around Los Angeles. There's no 3 or 4 and they're irrelevant. Another freeway you'll probably see in-game is the 10, which goes to Venice Beach (Will be called Vespucci Beach in GTAV. It's where Muscle Beach is at, the outdoor gym shown in SA and the GTAV trailer.

user posted image

And to further clarify, there's no 6, 7, 8, or 9 either.

Edited by damian001