Large Vehicles & Machinery

nonspecific

The V trailer has got me extremely hyped. It looks pretty certain that we will be able to hook up trucks and trailers again and I would like to hope that they bring back vehicles such as tow trucks, tractors, packers and fork lifts, each with their own useable, relevant functions. BUT... what about the even bigger more industrial vehicles or 'plant machinery' that debuted in the trailer? I did notice that the construction cranes had a much more accessible appearance to them, perhaps bringing back the ability to control them like we had in SanAndreas. My biggest anticipation however is for the large container moving cranes that can be see at the docks. They are very clearly sat on wheels, and I'd imagine we will see them being used to load / unload container ships in the port, so do you think we will be able to control them? I would just love to drive one of these monolithic structures into the city causing absolute mayhem! And then of course we have the ships themselves. I think it's about time we could control a ship a little bigger than the 'Tug' from IV don't you think? How about taking an oil tanker or a container ship for a "quick spin" around the bay? biggrin.gif One can only hope.

Well, we definitely can climb the cranes again, like in IV.

pause at :38 second mark, silver ladder inside crane

Breaking Bohan

It would be awesome to drive a steamroller down a sidewalk and just flatten peds. The more machinery we can use the better IMO.

Mainland Marauder

First and foremost, the physics need to be done right. When you're pulling a trailer or towing a car, it needs to feel like you're doing exactly that.

Probably topping my wish list here is a Packer that actually functions as something besides a portable jump ramp, with which you can transport cars from place to place.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

First and foremost, the physics need to be done right. When you're pulling a trailer or towing a car, it needs to feel like you're doing exactly that.

Probably topping my wish list here is a Packer that actually functions as something besides a portable jump ramp, with which you can transport cars from place to place.

Yes, I do remember them being pretty gash at transporting vehicles about in SA.

It would be awesome to drive a steamroller down a sidewalk and just flatten peds. The more machinery we can use the better IMO.

That would be fun. How about a cement mixer or a rubble truck that we can tip to empty the content (cement / rocks / soil etc.) onto un-expecting peds. It would make for quite an interesting side mission or mini game and it'd bring the replay value right up.