Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,290 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gifbrah

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

Nem_Wan
user posted image

Not sure where exactly to discuss this. But I feel that the landmass isn't 3.5 times the size of RDR. Remember, there is a big, massive lake in the middle of the map. I can definitely see GTA IV+GTA:SA+RDR being bigger than GTAV. It might be closer to 3xRDR than 3.5xRDR.

I think everyone has forgotten about the underwater elements to this game. Remember, when they stated that it will be 3.5x RDR or RDR, GTAIV and GTA:SA combined they included the underwater land mass too.

You are totally wrong mate, it was 3.5x WITHOUT UNDERWATER, and 5x with underwater.

I assure you, the GTAV landmass in this image is 3.5x the playable area of Red Dead Redemption even WITHOUT interiors and underwater.

The correct way to measure area in a digital image is to select the shape you want to measure in Photoshop and use the histogram tool. That way you count every pixel.

By that technique, RDR's accessible landmass measures 5.75 square miles, and therefore GTAV only needs to be over 20 square miles, and it is in this picture. Considering that a lot of detail is missing from the coastlines due to low resolution. Also, the Alamo Sea technically will subtract from the landmass but then you can count underwater area if you want.

TinCan

This modern luxurious house looks like it has been placed behind the Richman Hotel. Does that mean its set in Richman Hills? Can someone plop this somewhere on the blueprint if possible?

Damn, is that building the richman? I even searched google maps to find something that looked like it ffs. icon14.gif

http://i39.tinypic.com/2up9umo.jpg

uboaaaa
user posted image

This modern luxurious house looks like it has been placed behind the Richman Hotel. Does that mean its set in Richman Hills? Can someone plop this somewhere on the blueprint if possible?

I'd personally say it's in Rockford Hills, due to the close proximity of Michael's house and the golf course...

user posted image

zombie elvis

Don't know who "unrolled" the first part of the map, but... just from looking at it, I'm wondering if R* have bothered to properly perspectively distort that new part of the map at all.

They don't need to distort anything, it's a photograph this time.

This should help with the shape, red lines are grid lines and green lines are half way between.

user posted image

Edit:

This is the two maps animated together, you can see even some coasl details weren't removed when they posted the city on top.

user posted image

I used this idea to make my original blueprint, the 'B' in the border was enough to tell me how far up the map it was, as we also had the 'F' in the border of the 2D malibu map.

Edited by zombie elvis

THELOPO

wheres that screenshot from ?

X--MidNite--X

Is it only me then that thinks the map is an Alfred Hitchcock silhouette?

Edited by X--MidNite--X

r34ld34l
wheres that screenshot from ?

GTA Online gameplay?

NoxiousWR

Some awesome work here, and nice to see the maps becoming so close to the final one (with the help of the achievement image and image from the trailer) but still awesome stuff smile.gif

Even better now, just got my GTA V Reward Card from GAME, less than a month now woop

user posted image

Gnocchi Flip Flops
user posted image

I'd personally say it's in Rockford Hills, due to the close proximity of Michael's house and the golf course...

user posted image

Nice work! But I have another area I'm confused about, well building really.

user posted image

user posted image

The red circle on the blueprint is the avenue I believe they're heading down -- into Los Santos of course. The orange arrow is where the Richman Hotel lies and I put that there because I'm wondering what that building in my first photo is. Can't be the Richman Hotel. I circled the unknown building in green on the blueprint map. It looks like another country club building or something. Could it possibly be another country club? wow.gif On Rockstar websites they do have a Coming Soon... slots for Country Clubs.

SuccessPastaTime

Hey, does anyone know what building or object that is behind Franklin in the picture of him not on the motorbike from cover art?

zombie elvis

Stingray I think that could be the white mark lower down inside your red line, just south of the road.

TinCan

But I have another area I'm confused about, well building really.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/9540542...f6c0bd8af_o.jpg

I think someone said it was the ucla campus buildings.

*Found it: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=491242&st=19151

This could be the Richman seen from the getty entrance:

http://i39.tinypic.com/ve1zsg.jpg

The basketball arena is behind the biker.

lxr
It looks like another country club building or something. Could it possibly be another country club?

I think most of what's across that road is based on buildings on the UCLA campus.

Showstopper 26
Some awesome work here, and nice to see the maps becoming so close to the final one (with the help of the achievement image and image from the trailer) but still awesome stuff smile.gif

Even better now, just got my GTA V Reward Card from GAME, less than a month now woop

user posted image

What is that?

Gnocchi Flip Flops
It looks like another country club building or something. Could it possibly be another country club?

I think most of what's across that road is based on buildings on the UCLA campus.

So it could be something like this building from UCLA: http://www.washingbear.com/david/trips/ucl...nseyrooftop.jpg If so then wow. I never thought UCLA would make it into Los Santos.

Blitzkriegboom2
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The red circle on the blueprint is the avenue I believe they're heading down -- into Los Santos of course. The orange arrow is where the Richman Hotel lies and I put that there because I'm wondering what that building in my first photo is. Can't be the Richman Hotel. I circled the unknown building in green on the blueprint map. It looks like another country club building or something. Could it possibly be another country club? wow.gif On Rockstar websites they do have a Coming Soon... slots for Country Clubs.

it might be hotel bel air

CACorey

I have another area I'm confused about, well building really.

user posted image

user posted image

U-C-L-A. One frame more and Pauley Pavilion, or whatever it's called, shows up as well as some iconic steps and structures.

That there is a mock-up of the Fowler Museum, I believe, could be Powell Library though.

user posted image

Garrynare
user posted image

Gnocchi Flip Flops
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

it might be hotel bel air

Correct! biggrin.gificon14.gif The building I had pointed out is the Hotel Bel-Air Spa by La Prairie the address is 701 Stone Canyon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90077 Here is an aerial photo:

user posted image

And here is an architectural photo of the hotel: http://handmademaps.com/wp-content/uploads.../282_BelAir.jpg Looks pretty similar and both buildings look somewhat pink-ish stucco. Notice the bell towers? smile.gif

Ouncy

Finally a good version with only confirmed stuff.

edit: actually the top part doesn't look right.

Edited by Ouncy

initium

Page 2, hell no!

Freezer89

Since I don't want to read about 30 or more pages.. did anyone figure out where exactly this airport runway is? And this brings me to the next question: Are those even runways/landing strips? What else could it be?

user posted image

Full size screenshot: http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/g/t/gta-...0cd2630b843.jpg

Squishybubs
Since I don't want to read about 30 or more pages.. did anyone figure out where exactly this airport runway is? And this brings me to the next question: Are those even runways/landing strips? What else could it be?

It's just south of the trailer park as far as I know, near the Alamo. You can see it in the gameplay trailer when it does the zoom onto Trevor.

Ignaz

user posted image

What is that?

Offtopic but that´s the rewad card for preorder a GTAV. It´s a bonuspointssystem from games.co.uk:

"GAME is to update its GAME Reward Card terms and conditions on October 29, reducing the amount of points customers will receive for every pound spent.

Currently customers receive 1 point for every £0.10 spent, but under the new terms will receive 1 point for every £0.125 spent. It's a slight change, but enough to make a difference

£40 pound spending used to earn you 400 reward points, which equates to £1 to spend with GAME. You'll now have to spend £50 to earn your £1.

You'll find the full terms on the GAME website.

Update: GAME has defended its decision to change the Reward Card - read the full statement."

And by the way i got my preorder and deliverydate confirmation on friday aswell. So it not seems to a second delay. Im just waiting for the news about the goldcdstatus...

Edited by Ignaz

no_snacks

user posted image

Full size screenshot: http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/g/t/gta-...0cd2630b843.jpg

user posted image

uboaaaa

So is the Securicar here:

user posted image

In this area?:

user posted image

Raavi

wink.gif Yes it is, right next to UCLA and Hotel Bel Air Spa.

I'm 90% certain that it isn't Hotel Bel Air Spa. Also, I'm fairly certain that that's a gated community entrance, and that it's not in the circled area (screenshot with gruppe 6)

Edited by Raavi

stefkes1996

I don't know if the EXACT locations of the sabre gt shots have been mentioned already (it was said they were somewhere around there) but Idrew this ones:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

But now I've seen this mountains, I'm not sure where this shot is located anymore.

user posted image

Ow, and sorry if the pictures turn out to be huge

zombie elvis

The road the yellow car is a little road going around the east side of the tall buildings, that's why you can't see them.