Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,564 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gifbrah

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

kesta195

Plus, it seems Chocotaco is implying that Mt Chiliad is the same height in both games here. Some of his comparisons are decent, but this makes no sense at all.

I never said it was the same height and distance away.

ah ok... so what did you want us to show with your picture comparison??? http://i.imgur.com/0LLP0vK.jpg

Yeah I don't get it either confused.gif

xzxxsicko

I KNOW I JUST KEEDING AROUND .

Edited by xzxxsicko

Choco Taco
ah ok... so what did you want us to show with your picture comparison??? http://i.imgur.com/0LLP0vK.jpg

I said it's for comparison purposes.

compare - to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences

gwaha
I think we might have SF and LV , just look how tiny GTA V map will be.

The map is not remotely small. It is already bigger than GTA SA.

And SF and LF are not going to be featured in this game. Rockstar has plainly stated this game is a re-imagining of San Andreas with only Los Santos and the country side with various towns.

SirJohnnyStark

I said it's for comparison purposes.

compare - to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences

well, my opinion is, that Mt Chiliad (or Mt. Josiah, or however it is called) is much bigger than the one of SA... due to the fact that the one in SA is near, it seems to have the same size as the one of V, which in reality is more distant and more bigger...

just look at the gamplay scene, where you can see the top of the mountain, and far down you see Paleto... look at the crop field in the lower part, and than compare with the screen of the Cuban 800, and the police chase... it is the same field... and you will get the feeling how massive the mountain is...

Ok, have found the comparison now a few pages back:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Trevor_Phillips

PoliceFarm

Plus, it seems Chocotaco is implying that Mt Chiliad is the same height in both games here. Some of his comparisons are decent, but this makes no sense at all.

I never said it was the same height and distance away.

Yeah I don't get it either confused.gif

I think it's just to show that larger draw distances can make things seem not so far away. Chilliad is quite a distance from the old LS bank tower, but just looking at it from that view makes it seem quite close. So looking at the new Chilliad, already looking a lot further away, imagine the actual distance when making your way there.

Screenshots often seem to make us underestimate the the actual scale of everything, but when we finally have the freedom to wonder around the map for ourselves, that's when it'll truly feel much larger.

Zulu412

if that is the prison just north of the wind farm, it's in the way wrong place

@ 2:22 in the gameplay trailer they zoom out from michael house & go up & to the left to trevor.

in his chase you can clearly see the prison. Also it's a dessert area.

Michaels house is just north of the golfcourse, his front door faces south.

So if they zoom out & go north west to pop in on trevor by the prison.

the prison should be located in the green area at the end of the river on this map (which should be dessert)

user posted image

SirJohnnyStark

nope... left is North and right is south...

his house is east of golfcourse and his door is facing west... so north is on your left

basically the camera is turned 90° counterclockwise

Edited by Trevor_Phillips

trevors685

Anyone thinking that they're masking the map size with all of these mountains? Seems a lot of the map north of LS will be taken up by mountains which will probably be inaccessible except for a road or two going up them. In no way am I complaining, but it just seems that way. A big map with a sh*t ton of mountains.

edit: then again, I could apply that logic to LC and it's inaccessible buildings and skyscrapers.

Edited by trevors685

xrCore
Anyone thinking that they're masking the map size with all of these mountains? Seems a lot of the map north of LS will be taken up by mountains which will probably be inaccessible except for a road or two going up them. In no way am I complaining, but it just seems that way. A big map with a sh*t ton of mountains.

edit: then again, I could apply that logic to LC and it's inaccessible buildings and skyscrapers.

I'll take my mountain jungle over the concrete jungle. I still think they are hiding something from us. Like 1/4 of the map or a large island or even the fact that all buildings are enterable.

Choco Taco
if that is the prison just north of the wind farm, it's in the way wrong place

@ 2:22 in the gameplay trailer they zoom out from michael house & go up & to the left to trevor.

in his chase you can clearly see the prison. Also it's a dessert area.

So if they zoom out & go north west to pop in on trevor by the prison.

the prison should be located in the green area at the end of the river on this map (which should be dessert)

user posted image

trevors685
Anyone thinking that they're masking the map size with all of these mountains?  Seems a lot of the map north of LS will be taken up by mountains which will probably be inaccessible except for a road or two going up them.  In no way am I complaining, but it just seems that way.  A big map with a sh*t ton of mountains. 

I'll take my mountain jungle over the concrete jungle. I still think they are hiding something from us. Like 1/4 of the map or a large island or even the fact that all buildings are enterable.

Oh, trust me. I am in no way bitching. Nothing about this game has disappointed me, but look at this:

user posted image

That GIANT ass section of the map is taken by one mountain with two roads and a shed. That's it. I would prefer something more like an oasis or some sh*t. Like I said, it seems like they're masking the size with these large mountains with one or two roads. But hey, this game is near perfect.

xrCore

I bet they will have cliffs and a cave system somewhere. There is a train track going through another mountain, along with a forest, waterfall, dam, and reservoir in the other mountains.

Mv6

What about the Northwestern part of the map.

KidAmnesiac42
The map is smaller than gta san andreas.keep getting fooled and keep worshipping Rockstar.

You're the one on a GTA Forum... Sounds to me like you're doing some worshiping yourself.

btw it's one p, not two sly.gif

iTz i Makez HD

Who made this map?

user posted image

confused.gif

impo
Who made this map?

user posted image

confused.gif

where did you get it from? its quite accurate, searching by pic on google dont give me a single succesful result

.Emmi
Who made this map?

user posted image

confused.gif

Whoever made this one is genious!

Ciaran
Who made this map?

user posted image

confused.gif

I've been wondering that myself, I just saw it today on gtav.net

adamcs

Putting my Geomatics degree to good use. ph34r.gif

sanex4

Putting my Geomatics degree to good use. ph34r.gif

nice

maverick808

Anyone thinking that they're masking the map size with all of these mountains?  Seems a lot of the map north of LS will be taken up by mountains which will probably be inaccessible except for a road or two going up them.  In no way am I complaining, but it just seems that way.  A big map with a sh*t ton of mountains. 

Oh, trust me. I am in no way bitching. Nothing about this game has disappointed me, but look at this:

That GIANT ass section of the map is taken by one mountain with two roads and a shed. That's it. I would prefer something more like an oasis or some sh*t. Like I said, it seems like they're masking the size with these large mountains with one or two roads. But hey, this game is near perfect.

They do look like the same set of buildings. However, oddly, in the first image the buildings appear to be pointing slightly away from the mountain and in the second they are pointing in.

user posted image

LibSity

Will R* reveal the map? Did they do that with IV?

Marty892

They do look like the same set of buildings. However, oddly, in the first image the buildings appear to be pointing slightly away from the mountain and in the second they are pointing in.

user posted image

I noticed that too, but I thought you guys analyzed it better when I saw that comparison pic.

Ivars

Funny how people created game map even before real one is released smile.gif

You all ruined all the fun wow.gif

17th

All of this maps is size of 2x RDR. Rockstar said that whole island is 3,5x RDR. So where is other 1,5x RDR? It's interiors, or what? IMO this map is not "big and diverse". I mean, it's just desert, mountains and lake. In 2011 I thought it will be f*cking big map, and that big mountain is far far far away from Los Santos. Same with scene with "Rockstar Games presents". But it's just one minute from LS... Disappointment with map size.

epicluca

Wow congratulations on 800 pages and well done to all the guys who helped contribute to the maps to get us this far icon14.gif we still have a long way to go though.

pault88

Here we go again, people complaining that the map isn't going to be very big. *Sigh*

Ivars
All of this maps is size of 2x RDR. Rockstar said that whole island is 3,5x RDR. So where is other 1,5x RDR? It's interiors, or what? IMO this map is not "big and diverse". I mean, it's just desert, mountains and lake. In 2011 I thought it will be f*cking big map, and that big mountain is far far far away from Los Santos. Same with scene with "Rockstar Games presents". But it's just one minute from LS... Disappointment with map size.

Maybe another city is 'hidding' somewhere? ph34r.gif