Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,741 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gifbrah

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

zombie elvis

Where i can find this LS city map? without the countryside. (i mean, with yellow/orange streets and stuff)

Check the 'Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project' thread.

mawerick_mc

Where i can find this LS city map? without the countryside. (i mean, with yellow/orange streets and stuff)

Check the 'Latest GTA 5 o'clock Video - Map Project' thread.

oh i see, whoever made that 5 o'clock map, doesn't know what a dam is, and how it works biggrin.gif

after checking high res version, i see it's way less accurate than Kiwi's or Fido's maps around here.

I just thought it was a well made vectorial version of LS city...

Edited by mawerick_mc

zombie elvis

oh i see, whoever made that 5 o'clock map, doesn't know what a dam is, and how it works biggrin.gif

after checking high res version, i see it's way less accurate than Kiwi's or Fido's maps around here.

I just thought it was a well made vectorial version of LS city...

Yeah it's the CVG guys, they copied a map from here and then added stupid things like the sea dam. The colours are ok though.

Lazy Squirrel PT

Does anyone still have the GTA IV mapping thread? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks smile.gif

denzer1992

user posted image

Here's something to think about... the dam from san andreas is way bigger than the dam in gta V... But the dam on the gta v map is tiny... getting this in the right dimensions is key for a more or less accurate scale...

ChillyPhilly

How are you so sure it's tiny? I beg to differ.

zombie elvis

Here's something to think about... the dam from san andreas is way bigger than the dam in gta V... But the dam on the gta v map is tiny... getting this in the right dimensions is key for a more or less accurate scale...

That was based on the Hoover dam. I don't know if this is based on anything but it doesn't have a highway running across it, it's definitely smaller.

TillSMC
user posted image

I highly doubt that the dam seen in the GTA V screen is supossed to represent the Hoover Dam, which Rockstar replicated in GTA San Andreas

groveSTREETfamily4LIFE

Argh... everytime I look at people's maps I wanna play the game more and more.

ChillyPhilly

I agree it's definitely smaller than the Sherman Dam from SA, but is still pretty big in its own right. The dirt road at left is actually quite wide; the structures at both ends of the dam are fairly tall, with the building on the right specifically being the height of a three-storey block.

denzer1992

I don't think I said that the dam from gtav is supposed to be hover dam.... but thats not the point... What I was talking about is: lets say the dam in san andreas is 3x bigger than the one in gta v.... now you put the map from san andreas and the map from gta v next to eachother and zoom them until the dam on the map from san andreas (green) is 3 times bigger than the dam on the map from gta v(red)...

Mr. Darko

I don't think I said that the dam from gtav is supposed to be hover dam.... but thats not the point... What I was talking about is: lets say the dam in san andreas is 3x bigger than the one in gta v.... now you put the map from san andreas and the map from gta v next to eachother and zoom them until the dam on the map from san andreas (green) is 3 times bigger than the dam on the map from gta v(red)...

As a means of finding the scale?

Well, I dunno. It's impossible to tell exactly how big they are compared to each other without... knowing the scale to begin with.

rsgtafan

I marked 2 doors on the right side of that screen with red and made a white stick guy and the dam looks a a lot bigger than what I thought at first.

user posted image

denzer1992

As a means of finding the scale?

Well, I dunno. It's impossible to tell exactly how big they are compared to each other without... knowing the scale to begin with.

sure.... BUT: you can still get an approximate idea of the scale.... just look at the street... you can guess how big a car would be if it drove over the dam. And you can actually see cars on the san andreas dam. In my opinion the sherman dam is about 3-4 times bigger than the gta v dam... now i take a look at the maps and make sherman dam 3-4 times bigger than the gta v dam and here it is.... the approximate scale:

user posted image

bakerach
... the dam from san andreas is way bigger than the dam in gta V...

Not sure I agree with you there- it just looks smaller because the V pic is from much higher up and there isn't much in the way of scale figures to help the picture read more easily. If you look at the buildings on both sides of the dam, though, you'll see it's quite large, and the San Andreas dam is in no way 3x bigger than the one from V-- if anything, they're closer to a 1-1 scale than 3-1.

TakinThyBacon
user posted image

Your scale is way off though is the problem, compare street widths and it is obvious

Mr. Darko

Not sure I agree with you there- it just looks smaller because the V pic is from much higher up and there isn't much in the way of scale figures to help the picture read more easily. If you look at the buildings on both sides of the dam, though, you'll see it's quite large, and the San Andreas dam is in no way 3x bigger than the one from V-- if anything, they're closer to a 1-1 scale than 3-1.

Well, the scale he arrives at using that figure seems fairly reasonable (V Los Santos being about 2.5 times the size of SA Los Santos), so maybe he's right. Plus, it's not downing on the dam in GTA V. They're based on different dams, the one in SA being based on the Hoover Dam which is one of the largest dams period (although I'm sure it's not to scale in SA), while the one in V is more like a random reservoir dam, which I wouldn't expect to be nearly as large. It's still big, of course, but not as big.

EDIT: As for street size, V LS has some eight-lane highways, something that hasn't been in any previous GTAs. I expect that some roads will look quite large in comparison.

denzer1992

well in that case the gta v map would be even bigger....

MrSpooge

well in that case the gta v map would be even bigger....

Well, thats because.. It is. Alot Bigger.

Mr. Darko
Well, thats because.. It is. Alot Bigger.

I think he means by scale in terms of the city, since that's the only part of the official map we have.

justgettinridiculous

the gta v dam seems to be based on the pacoima dam where san andreas dam was based off of the hoover dam. many things in gta sa werent even close to scale, the best example being the hoover dam. the dam rockstar has rendered in v is much closer to scale than san andreas. to me the dam in v looks close to the same size as the dam in sa. in real life the hoover dam is twice as tall and twice as long.

gui_olecio
Not sure where I was going with this but I don't want to do any more, it's mostly just guesswork.

user posted image

nice icon14.gif

kesta195
the gta v dam seems to be based on the pacoima dam where san andreas dam was based off of the hoover dam. many things in gta sa werent even close to scale, the best example being the hoover dam. the dam rockstar has rendered in v is much closer to scale than san andreas. to me the dam in v looks close to the same size as the dam in sa. in real life the hoover dam is twice as tall and twice as long.

I always thought it was based off the Morris Dam but having looked up the Pacoima Dam is has a much greater resemblance icon14.gif

denzer1992

Guys! I get the feeling nobody gets what i was talking about in the first place... It doesn't matter how big Sherman dam is compared to Hoover dam... Who cares?! All that matters is how big Sherman dam is compared to the gta v dam! That would show how big the gta v map is compared to the San Andreas map...

kesta195
Guys! I get the feeling nobody gets what i was talking about in the first place... It doesn't matter how big Sherman dam is compared to Hoover dam... Who cares?! All that matters is how big Sherman dam is compared to the gta v dam! That would show how big the gta v map is compared to the San Andreas map...

There are a lot of ways to compare the scale of the SA and GTAV maps, and the dam isn't the best option.

.Emmi

user posted image

I'm too lazy to look through the whole 620 pages of this thread - could anyone tell me, show me, where this mountain is located?

poncratias

user posted image

anybody know where this is yet?

also: WHERE ON THE MAP IS THAT DENSE FOREST AREAS?

dxbrandon
user posted image

I'm too lazy to look through the whole 620 pages of this thread - could anyone tell me, show me, where this mountain is located?

Nobdoy know's yet i believe.

Von_Von
user posted image

Nobdoy know's yet i believe.

Unsolved mystery... No one can locate this picture. By the way when I saw 1st trailer for the first time I thought that guy was the main character.