Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,810 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gifbrah

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

nigelhere9901
I think if people don't want the country side they should play GTA IV for ever till they die. Everything is done so everyone should be happy.. nope, still some idiots bitching about stuff.

That is an absurd advice.

Just because some people prefer the City side of Los Santos, it doesn't automatically imply we don't like GTA V as a whole, or would like to play GTA IV for the rest of our lives, from where did you came to that conclusion? which implications were you using during creating that inference?

MuXu96

then deal with it, be happy that there is a city and stop bitching about it

nigelhere9901
then deal with it, be happy that there is a city and stop bitching about it

Was expecting a rather more compelling argument.

Also I never "bitched", this is a prime indication of your poor yet existing reading comprehension.

philley

I don't see the point of some people neither: We are getting a damn huge city, nearly the same size as LC (remember: In IV there was only LC!!!) or even bigger PLUS a immensive area full of towns, nature, etc.,....whats wrong with that?

kasa

it's not only about size but also the content, and the LA vibe, in San Andreas Rockstar really nailed it. LA also has huge suburbs/ghetto's, we haven't seen anything reminding of that. Personally Ill like the city much more then the desert. I think after a while the desert can become a bit boring

Zirvlok

You all, on this page, are doing a wonderful job of contributing to the maping of GTA V biggrin.gif

SirJohnnyStark

ON TOPIC:

are there any screens depicting how big approx the golf course will be?? and where is it located??

(sorry if already discussed) smile.gif

UberVIIX

The issues are linked if the proportions are wrong. Who are you Raavi - your no higher authority than anyone else.

Another 'high horse' poster like the legions of others here.

GKP, once again in the Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis , Arguing about the "size" of the map. You have been told, numerous times (even by Mods mind you) to "argue" in the correct thread, yet here you are once again. Do you post anything about any other subject? Does this consume your every waking breath? f*ck MAN STOP FILLING THIS TOPIC WITH HORSE sh*t, THIS IS FOR "MAPPING" NOT "MAP WHINING" suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

GKP

Raavi

ON TOPIC:

are there any screens depicting how big approx the golf course will be?? and where is it located??

(sorry if already discussed)  smile.gif

The golf course has at least 8 holes. As we have seen hole 8: Par 3 which is 169 yards long. It could be bigger. The location of the golf course is also clear, just take a look at the OP and you'll see 3 different maps with the golf course's location.

@UberVIIX ; Then follow your own advice, and keep this on-topic. Thank you.

@LENNONg ; Please keep on-topic and no "that's what she said" is not considered on-topic.

LENNONg
it's not only about size but also the conten

thats what she said

Jordan_Philip
The issues are linked if the proportions are wrong. Who are you Raavi - your no higher authority than anyone else.

Another 'high horse' poster like the legions of others here.

Theyre not looking for treasure here. Theyre just trying to get a general layout of the map. It doesnt have to be 100% to scale

Kirsty

It's becoming more and more frequent that we have to post in here to ask people NOT to start flaming over size.

Again, if you want to argue about the size, dimensions or anything else related to the SIZE please use this topic: Los Santos Size

If you want to contribute to finding locations, creating scale maps or anything of that sort, then continue contributing here.

Anyone who continues to immaturely bait people into arguments when there is clearly already a topic where you can talk about it have been asked not to post in this topic anymore, so please do not reply to them if they carry on doing so, as it will then be taken up with higher staff and removed.

r34ld34l
Since we're all updating our maps, here's my latest :

user posted image

Changed the layout of the Alamo Sea a bit, added Sandy Shores.

Beautifully done

Stephan90

Is there a reason why the area left of the highway running north-east out of Los Santos is bright green?

Fido you should update the colours in the legend, they don't fit the map colours anymore.

reform
ON TOPIC:

(sorry if already discussed)  smile.gif

The golf course has at least 8 holes. As we have seen hole 8: Par 3 which is 169 yards long. It could be bigger. The location of the golf course is also clear, just take a look at the OP and you'll see 3 different maps with the golf course's location.

@UberVIIX ; Then follow your own advice, and keep this on-topic. Thank you.

@LENNONg ; Please keep on-topic and no "that's what she said" is not considered on-topic.

9 holes according to the R* dev who was with either CVG, gamespot or game informer for the demo.

Jamie Smith

Does anyone think if they are incorporated in the game, That Rockstar might combine Oxnard and Malibu together??

uJhatafart00

Could this one help with something?

user posted image

B-Dawk20

Have we seen much of the coasts so far? I wonder if there are some nice beach stuff other than the ones in the city.

epicluca

Dude I've said it like 3 times, the LS forum isn't like that.

lxr
Could this one help with something?

user posted image

Well, yeah, we've seen that house before.

Always felt a bit too posh to be Franklin's (or his girlfriend's) house. So this could be a villa that's actually for sale.

lxr

And since it seems needed, one word about trolling. It all boils down to:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

There will always be people who feel entitled to spam this thread with their personal opinions or complaints about all kinds of things that they think are wrong with this thread, with the map, with GTA V overall, or with R* in general. But trolling only works if there are others who reply, argue, and start a conversation. So even if you're tempted to react: Just ignore it. It will go away.

Jordan_Philip

And since it seems needed, one word about trolling. It all boils down to:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

There will always be people who feel entitled to spam this thread with their personal opinions or complaints about all kinds of things that they think are wrong with this thread, with the map, with GTA V overall, or with R* in general. But trolling only works if there are others who reply, argue, and start a conversation. So even if you're tempted to react: Just ignore it. It will go away.

Way to bring it back up. This was over a page ago.

@the artwork above. I wouldnt base anything to do with the map off of artwork. Its been proven to be very misleading.

Edited by Jordan_Philip

B-Dawk20

I hope you didn't mean me ._. I was legitimately curious...

lxr
@the artwork above. I wouldnt base anything to do with the map off of artwork. Its been proven to be very misleading.

Totally. Above, for example, they've rotated the Vinewood Sign a bit, so that it's actually readable.

Still, it's clearly the same house, it has the same strange-angle wooden-floor balcony, and it's in the same location.

Raavi

Just a quick question, has someone the address of the place where Michael's estate is seemingly located in LA?

Thanks in advance.

omawnakw

The rock to the right in the lighthouse scene is the same as the big one on the coast road scene, if anyone hadn't noticed. At least I thought so, now I'm not so sure.

It was found when the epsilon screensaver released. It seems to have forgotten to mention, maybe it is too obvious, but now, when this screenshot released, we can say for sure that is the same place.

user posted image

Edited by omawnakw

BennyBlunts4

The rock to the right in the lighthouse scene is the same as the big one on the coast road scene, if anyone hadn't noticed. At least I thought so, now I'm not so sure.

It was found when the epsilon screensaver released. It seems to have forgotten to mention, maybe it is too obvious, but now, when this screenshot released, we can say for sure that is the same place.

user posted image

I'm not sure this is the same place...

Far from sure actually...

jonnie123

Same place...

user posted image

Jarda605

OMG! Good work, man! icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Jarda605