Could somebody please clarify this,

GuantanamoObama

GuantanamoObama

I'm not sure what I've missed, but is it official that it's only Los Santos?

I'm not sure what I've missed, but is it official that it's only Los Santos?

Probably, i think there will be lots of small towns of course.

Well it's sorta at a weird point. Rockstar games came out and said the game would be in LA and some surrounding areas. Some people say they just haven't announced the rest cause it wouldn't go with the trailer. Both sides have good points.

Well it's sorta at a weird point. Rockstar games came out and said the game would be in LA and some surrounding areas. Some people say they just haven't announced the rest cause it wouldn't go with the trailer. Both sides have good points.

True.

TBH, we won't TRULY know what places V contains until further trailers and preview articles. (unfortunately)

yeah thats what i think, your question cannot really be answered, according to R* it is only LS, but they do like to suprise us, and as the quote says, saying thaat its more than one city wont go with the trailer. only time will tell

Mershaw Evaktokin

Thats true. But it seems that San fierro and Las Venturas is gone this time. But maybe there will be other places instead. It remains to be seen.

Mershaw Evaktokin

yeah thats what i think, your question cannot really be answered, according to R* it is only LS, but they do like to suprise us, and as the quote says, saying thaat its more than one city wont go with the trailer. only time will tell

They haven't said that it's only LS. The Southern California part in their pressrelease could point to other cities. Or maybe not. Nobody knows for sure.

iGrandTheftAuto

Well, Los Santos, is a city in San Andreas and San Andreas will have different city's. That is what I'm thinking and that is just my opinion.

user posted image

Let's not get so c*ntish about this. OP wanted to know what the GTA Net community thought... not the entire Interweb

No the OP wanted to know if it was official that it was only to be set in Los Santos, that was the question. A quick google search would of brought up the answer instead of posting another topic here despite the fact its been discussed here multiple times.

SIG-2.jpg

GuantanamoObama

Let's not get so c*ntish about this. OP wanted to know what the GTA Net community thought... not the entire Interweb

No the OP wanted to know if it was official that it was only to be set in Los Santos, that was the question. A quick google search would of brought up the answer instead of posting another topic here despite the fact its been discussed here multiple times.

No, I wanted a specific answer because of what Rockstar said about LS and the surrounding countryside. Google wasn't specific at all. Like this one post is going to overload the forum.

No, I wanted a specific answer because of what Rockstar said about LS and the surrounding countryside. Google wasn't specific at all. Like this one post is going to overload the forum.

How much more specific can you get then an official quote from Rockstar? Who know more about the game then any other site you will ever find.

And besides that, one post wont overload the forum no, but its not needed as there have already been topics posted.

SIG-2.jpg

City of Los Santos, STATE OF SAN AN, M'kay? That's based on the previous game, what we don't really know if it's the full map, or more appendages, as in DLC and what the main game contains, it looks like there's some changes, albeit slight ones

It's San Andreas.

No it's Los Santos, plus countryside. It's been confirmed.

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

user posted image

It's San Andreas.

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

To me, that doesn't completely rule out the rest of SA.

It's San Andreas.

Ya but there will be small towns of course, hell even other cities no one knows yet.

This is NOT confirmation, I ain't buying it, and neither should you. Basing some expert opinion that was in the dark, pre-trailer is not FACT and announced as such from Rockstar Games

http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-v-los-santos...r-las-venturas/

I would not be believing that site's report ^

(DLC should be addressing map expansions, that I'm sure of, In the end, we'll see who's right)

"Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most

ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

Thats the part that bugs me.... What is R* implying by writing ....in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

Do they mean game scope itself or land mass?

Guess we can only hope for both, no? icon14.gif

It's San Andreas.

Why did they only mention Los Santos then?

Los Santos + countryside is enough to create the largest GTA world yet.

Check out Los Angeles on google maps and you'll see what I mean.

user posted image

Perhaps it will cut the map from PS2 era GTA San An, but that would only be in the same fashion that Liberty City's original Catskills was excised, so that could be what they mean to do with this outting

It's San Andreas.

Why did they only mention Los Santos then?

Los Santos + countryside is enough to create the largest GTA world yet.

Check out Los Angeles on google maps and you'll see what I mean.

Maybe they just don't want to reveal the other locations yet?

Until I see a direct quote where they specifically say GTA V will not feature other locations found in SA, I think there's a chance.

Only Los Santos! Or why would the biggest French mag do an interview with dan houser and write in the article that UNFORTUNATELY there will only be Los Santos in the game but we can still look forward to a world that is 2.5 times bigger than Red dead Redemption.

I'm happy cause I know how huge this game will be and that R* love to make detailed games. So there will be a LOT of things to explore on these country roads. It's clear

Los santos "only" live with it!

Edited by Versous