Larger (width) Highways?

HomeGrownMouse4

HomeGrownMouse4

Hi. Im here to ask a question to all fans. For the last GTA games (in 3d) I havent seen a single 6 laned highway. For example, the Brooklin Bridge: It has 6 lanes, but in GTA IV, they have shortened it to 4 lanes (2 on each side). Would 6+ laned highways be part of GTA V, since there are quite few big highways, or is it gonna keep the 4 laned highways? And why werent 6 lane highways implemented on other GTA games?

I know this might not belong here...

Mainland Marauder

If they are going to focus solely on recreating a modern Los Angeles, this should be expected. SA tried, but they were trying to shoehorn three cities and several square miles of countryside onto a map for a last-generation game. A large multi-lane highway takes up a lot of real estate, and it has to actually go somewhere to be worth having. Without a doubt though, it's great for car chases, and Liberty City just didn't have enough straightaways for high-speed chases. It was the same for Vice. This is one reason why I prefer that we're going back to Los Santos rather than Vice.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

wern't the freeways in LV 6 lanes? think they were called like the harry gold freeway or something, im not sure but they seemed big

There's a twelve-lane (six each way) expressway in the trailer. So yeah.

What time in the trailer please? I think I missed that. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh sorry I've got it blush.gif

JcuGb.jpg

If they are going to focus solely on recreating a modern Los Angeles, this should be expected. SA tried, but they were trying to shoehorn three cities and several square miles of countryside onto a map for a last-generation game. A large multi-lane highway takes up a lot of real estate, and it has to actually go somewhere to be worth having. Without a doubt though, it's great for car chases, and Liberty City just didn't have enough straightaways for high-speed chases. It was the same for Vice. This is one reason why I prefer that we're going back to Los Santos rather than Vice.

Tommy: sh*t... cops on my ass. Better go in circles.

Mainland Marauder

Tommy: sh*t... cops on my ass. Better go in circles.

Exactly. Chases in Vice were basically like that, or you ran for one of the bridges and floored it once you got on.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

Rockstar20124

It will have 6 lanes because there will be a at least on chase mission similar to the Freeway scene of The Matrix Reloaded (which also has 6 lanes) cool.gif

It seems that R* have finally learned their lesson, or figured something out to make 6+ laned roads possible, which should have been reality before. But with a wide roasd like that, I like to think I'm actually going somewhere. And IV's map was way to small for that. Which leads me to wonder just how big this map really is, amongst the other thousands of questions I have.

HomeGrownMouse4

Thanks alot for your feedback guys

I saw the new highways on the trailer.. hadnt noticed

Im waiting anxiously for it!

• 1 year later...

Well, according to the trailer, if you look carefully, you'll see an 8-lane freeway at some point (either Interstate 2 or 5). Of course there's gonna be highways wider than 4 lane! Rockstar did 6-lane and 8-lane freeways in Midnight Club LA, so they're gonna definitely implement it to GTA V! (it may be at a larger scale than MCLA too!)

The reason they had 4-lane highways in previous GTA games was probably down to the fact that the scale of everything was relatively small.

It was obvious since the first damn trailer.

By the way why is this bumped? Older than 1 year.

The roads look copypasted in that 8 lane pic.

What, do you want them to waste time creating dozens of different textures for a freeway no one will even deeply look at?

We could have flat clean San Andreas roads again, lol.

What, do you want them to waste time creating dozens of different textures for a freeway no one will even deeply look at?

It wouldn't hurt to make different textures, not for each bit of road but at least so it doesnt look exactly the same on each bit.

It wouldn't hurt to make different textures, not for each bit of road but at least so it doesnt look exactly the same on each bit.

I'm pretty sure when you're done on the road it's barely noticeable. It wasn't in IV.

It was obvious since the first damn trailer.

By the way why is this bumped? Older than 1 year.

user posted image

Exactly, Captain Hindsight, it was bumped. So why the smartass attitude towards something that was posted in 2011??