University of California-San Diego

Del Mar Racetrack

Qualcomm Stadium

Balboa Park

Chicano Park

I think San Diego will be included.

This. Maybe like Alderney was to LC

Thats what I was saying.

Ok all have to say is there might be other cities in Gta V and San Diego is possible also, a matter of fact anything could be added. Fact: No one here knows how big the map would be or many cities will be added, were all just speculating, no one really knows whether or not there be "Only" 1 city. That's all i got to say about that.

Ok all have to say is there might be other cities in Gta V and San Diego is possible also, a matter of fact anything could be added. Fact: No one here knows how big the map would be or many cities will be added, were all just speculating, no one really knows whether or not there be "Only" 1 city. That's all i got to say about that.

I kept thinking. SD may be scaled down like SF and alderney.

Also SD has a lot of beaches (I think more then LA), also it may represent the Beaches part in the R quote...

SD may be a minor city like SF and Alderney were in GTA SA and GTA IV, and LS will be the major city...

My Predictions

It going have GPS Accurate size of Los Angeles, Includes Whole Los Angeles County,River-Side County,Santa Barbara County,Orange County,San Bernardino County,City of San Diego. Interstate 5 will go from Los Santos to San Diego and idk other highways.

The Game is going be huge It may take up to 10 Mins. to get other side of the game

That would be over 36,000 square miles. Rockstar's largest game world before this is 13.9 square miles. They're not going to copy Google Earth and call it a GTA map.

Las Puertas is a possibility of being San Diego. 5 Freeway in Cali is called San Diego Freeway and Las Puertas in spanish means gate or door and it's pretty much a border city.

Las Puertas is a possibility of being San Diego. 5 Freeway in Cali is called San Diego Freeway and Las Puertas in spanish means gate or door and it's pretty much a border city.

Good point.

My theory is that "Los Puerta" shown in the trailer, is San Diego, because puerta is door in spanish and San Diego is the "door" to America. Still crossing my fingers for there to be another city in the game.

It should be *La* Puerta

How about Palm Springs

How come I haven't thought of this, Palm Springs would be awesome... I remember Palm Springs when I use to come to America and visit California...

user posted image

Also what about Orange county?

That would be nice to have and very possible as it's not that far from LA.

Orange County is not huge, so recreating it would not be very hard.

That would be nice to have and very possible as it's not that far from LA.

Orange County is not huge, so recreating it would not be very hard.

Agreed.

I think there is a pretty good case for a small version of San Diego as a secondary city while the focus is still on Los Santos

I know some of this has been mentioned in this thread already, but just kinda summing up the reasons...

- The Los Puerta freeway "5" thing and it's connection to the actual freeway.

- It's possible they could have large freeways with only one city, but it'd make a lot more sense to have a large freeway going to another secondary city.

- The translation of Puerta = door being a reference to San Diego

- The fact that San Diego is a significant part of "Southern California" where R* has said the game is set.

- The Mexican border could make an excellent excuse for a map border, ie; if you drive/fly over the border you get shot down. Perhaps the map could look something like this (very basic drawing!!): http://i.imgur.com/Xb7N8.png tounge.gif

- R* always restricts the player to one section of the map to start with, not being able to go to Los Puerta at the start could be it.

- I know R* San Diego studio has not been significantly involved in previous GTA games, but the fact that they have a studio there, people on the ground in San Diego could be a big help and a reason to use it.

- Having jets etc. would make a bit more sense if there's at least one other smaller city with a reasonable sized airport.

- R* must have known that no matter how big they say the map is that many people were hoping for more than one city.

- I'm sure they have plenty of surprises and have not revealed everything already, why not leave Los Puerta out until another trailer or press release. Indeed, they must have known people would speculate about that freeway sign and that San Diego would pop up, I think it's a teaser and I think they'd be aware if it leads to nothing people could be disappointed.

But whatever, I can't wait for this game and won't really care if San Diego is there or not (I hope it is). biggrin.gif

(btw, hi, first post)

My home town biggrin.gif Too damn boring though lol.gif But skipping from LA to SD in a map would be kind of weird, I'm putting my money on just a huge LS with big countryside around it.

Los Angeles County: Los Santos County

Orange County: Valais County

San Diego County: Santa Hueso County

San Bernardino County: Brigham County

Ventura/Santa Barbara County: Santa Catarina County

Riverside/Imperial County: Trecena County

There are snow-capped mountains in game. Most of them are within Brigham County, which is also the largest county aside for Los Santos. The largest mountain in the game is Mt. Slippery, it's real life equivalent is Mt. San Antonio, and it's North East of LS.

Bordering the northern edge of the map is the Tetas Grandes mountain range (the big mountains shown in the trailer), which is impassible by any means. If you go out to sea and try to fly or boat around the mountains, they just continue forever. The eastern border of the map is the yucca desert, which also stretches on into infinity. There's a single road which runs through it, though if you travel too far out you get a message saying there's nothing out there and it's kind of creepy. To the west and south are the Pacific ocean. To the southeast is the Mexican-American border, but it's referred to only as 'the border' because we didn't to give players the illusion that Mexico is a region in the game. Crossing over the border will get you 5 stars unless you turn around and head back right away. Also, on the other edge of the border is another endless desert, just like the eastern border.

Possible. The level designer team found by comsicboy went to San Diego on their journey but they even went to Las Vegas and San Fransisco so cannot base San Diego on that. But its possible. Who would mind it after all?? Better not to increase expectations. I am looking forward to seeing the new detailed Los Santos. icon14.gif

Have a look at this topic: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=491043&hl=

Would any think there could be some small islands in the ocean? What they would have would be only a guess?

A remote hideout?

If it does feature, it wouldn't surprise me if R* San Diego are helping with the development.

Long_Haired_Boy
Would any think there could be some small islands in the ocean? What they would have would be only a guess?

A remote hideout?

I think so, I really do.

Remote Islands could open the game up to many possibilities.

Like a horde mode with waves of Police, Military or maybe just a GETAWAY.

Yes. Some small islands would be nice, with palm trees and such.

If there is a hideout, a helicopter pad, with a boat stuff like that could be included with one.

In the previous games the ocean was empty of landmass. Nice change this time around.

If it's a re-creation of SoCal, then I would say that Catalina Island is a good possibility - filled with those golf carts everywhere.

Oh, and San Diego would be super ILL! Being an SD native, I can only hope though.

If it's a re-creation of SoCal, then I would say that Catalina Island is a good possibility - filled with those golf carts everywhere.

Oh, and San Diego would be super ILL! Being an SD native, I can only hope though.

Catalina Island, named after Claude's bitch of a girlfriend.

I think there is a pretty good case for a small version of San Diego as a secondary city while the focus is still on Los Santos

I know some of this has been mentioned in this thread already, but just kinda summing up the reasons...

- The Los Puerta freeway "5" thing and it's connection to the actual freeway.

- It's possible they could have large freeways with only one city, but it'd make a lot more sense to have a large freeway going to another secondary city.

- The translation of Puerta = door being a reference to San Diego

- The fact that San Diego is a significant part of "Southern California" where R* has said the game is set.

- The Mexican border could make an excellent excuse for a map border, ie; if you drive/fly over the border you get shot down. Perhaps the map could look something like this (very basic drawing!!): http://i.imgur.com/Xb7N8.png tounge.gif

- R* always restricts the player to one section of the map to start with, not being able to go to Los Puerta at the start could be it.

- I know R* San Diego studio has not been significantly involved in previous GTA games, but the fact that they have a studio there, people on the ground in San Diego could be a big help and a reason to use it.

- Having jets etc. would make a bit more sense if there's at least one other smaller city with a reasonable sized airport.

- R* must have known that no matter how big they say the map is that many people were hoping for more than one city.

- I'm sure they have plenty of surprises and have not revealed everything already, why not leave Los Puerta out until another trailer or press release. Indeed, they must have known people would speculate about that freeway sign and that San Diego would pop up, I think it's a teaser and I think they'd be aware if it leads to nothing people could be disappointed.

But whatever, I can't wait for this game and won't really care if San Diego is there or not (I hope it is). biggrin.gif

(btw, hi, first post)

Good points. Nice.

I believe I found something interesting. If you look at the scene where the old guy, the one that looks like old tommy vercetti,who is looking down on downtown; you can see mountains over his right shoulder, which are in a southern direction. I find this interesting because you can tell from the whole trailer that all of the north and east of Los santos is hugged by mountains/hills. Also, those mountains seem to pretty far in comparison to compactness of the Los Santos we have seen so far that they have down sized from real Los Angeles. If you look at a map to see what's south of Los Angeles there is Orange County, San Diego, and Mexico. Will one of these be in the game? I'm really curious to see what's in that area where those mountains are.