2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
The Made Man

San Diego? Possibility?

The Made Man

Okay people of GTA forums, not trying spam more useless threads or anything, but I felt I needed to make this thread. So we heard no LV and SF... Remember R said the game will take places in San Andreas... From what I've gathered from different sources Rockstar said that it will only focus on "Southern Cali..." Do you think they'll add San Diego? I mean why would R say it takes place in San Andreas and it would just be LS. Why not just say it takes place in LS and not whole SA.

I understand LV not being in the game. I mean LV is based of off Las Vegas and Las Vegas is based in Nevada, and not California where San Andreas is based on. I would also like to add that this is the GTA era and that maybe R wanted to change some things. Also they said the map will be bigger then GTA 4.

Just my thoughts on things. We will have to see if this is relevant until R brings in more news.

Edited by The Made Man

DawidZnawca

It would be great. San Diego is a whole lotta great city.

gtabelieber

i think so and mexican border.

The Made Man

I would also like to quote a post by a member named restelo94. He posted a interesting post.

I think while Los Santos will be the main "city" there will be areas of Southern California besides the city-

Small versions of San Diego, Santa Barbara, Orange County etc will make appearances,

so there will probably be buildings and stuff, but LS will be the city at the centre

South Cali For reference-

user posted image

The Made Man

I would also like to add more to my theory... Remember when GTA SA was annouced and a trailer was shown. The trailer only showed us LS and not SF and LV. We didnt entirely know those cities would even be in the game. Here is a video of the first GTA SA trailer to back up my statement.

AnotherDave
I would also like to add more to my theory... Remember when GTA SA was annouced and a trailer was shown. The trailer only showed us LS and not SF and LV. We didnt entirely know those cities would even be in the game. Here is a video of the first GTA SA trailer to back up my statement.

It was already known that there would be three cities before the first trailer was released.

The Made Man

It was already known that there would be three cities before the first trailer was released.

I see.

We'll here is a quote from Take-Two the "parent" of Rockstar games.

"a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer"

"the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California"

Why not just say present "LA"?

AnotherDave

We'll here is a quote from Take-Two the "parent" of Rockstar games.

"a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer"

"the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California"

Why not just say present "LA"?

Probably partly because they'd already said "Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches" so saying Los Santos wouldn't scan as well and partly because whoever wrote it thought that it'd be obvious to anybody reading it that the city and the surrounding area is their re-imagined Southern California.

no they said 1 city only and its los santos.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...nouncement.html

If that was aimed at me, I was talking about the first San Andreas trailer, not the V trailer.

Edited by something_else

iGrandTheftAuto

Might be given a part on the map, just with a different name.

Mainland Marauder

IMHO it would make more sense to tie in San Diego than San Francisco or Vegas, keeping it within believable geographic constraints. Still, even LA to SD is a lot of real estate and a lot of city. Can the current hardware handle it without cutting too many corners?

SA's map was great, but are you really supposed to be able to get in an airplane and see the LA skyline in front of you and Vegas behind you?

JOSEPH X

But san diego is a massive city. To keep it in scale with the already massive Los Santos we've seen in the trailer would take up a massive amount of space.

The Made Man

Probably partly because they'd already said "Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches" so saying Los Santos wouldn't scan as well and partly because whoever wrote it thought that it'd be obvious to anybody reading it that the city and the surrounding area is their re-imagined Southern California.

Okay I understand, but someone said that they would have much smaller cities and LS would be the mains story city...

TonyResta

I'd say that San Diego would be an interesting place to add.

crapmadgig

My theory is that "Los Puerta" shown in the trailer, is San Diego, because puerta is door in spanish and San Diego is the "door" to America. Still crossing my fingers for there to be another city in the game.

The Made Man
But san diego is a massive city. To keep it in scale with the already massive Los Santos we've seen in the trailer would take up a massive amount of space.

I understand, but if they do add San Diego(They saying they are 100% are), would it be scaled down like Alderny(New Jersey) in GTA 4?

tarnell

I think not, even tho I really want it to happen since San Diego is my second favorite city in the world after Los Angeles [: But SD and LA do look a lot alike and that would be just like creating two L.S.s

Now why they said it's based in SA rather than just say it's based in LS? Well beacuase it's not only LS, it's also a huge countryside with towns, so it's based in SA.

The Made Man
I think not, even tho I really want it to happen since San Diego is my second favorite city in the world after Los Angeles [: But SD and LA do look a lot alike and that would be just like creating two L.S.s

Now why they said it's based in SA rather than just say it's based in LS? Well beacuase it's not only LS, it's also a huge countryside with towns, so it's based in SA.

But I thought they would scale down San Diego. And also New Jersey looked like NYC and New Jersey(Alderny) was put in GTA 4 and scaled down...

lefantome

I think we well se something similar to San Diego but not a big city, probably a bit bigger than bohan.

Kwandilibro

I think San Diego would be a nice addition, as long as it's not too small. But it's right by the border, and I'm thinking since there's supposed to be this focus on money , perhaps that means we'll be able to import drugs. That white sh*t's going straight from the connect's hand to the junkie's nose. f*ck a middleman.

Versous

I don't even want begin to speculate but all I know is that there will be some smaller cities that they just didn't name yet cause it wouldn't make sense.

I'm actually pretty excited what they'll unveil with the next trailers or with coming informations smile.gif

The Made Man

I think San Diego would be a nice addition, as long as it's not too small. But it's right by the border, and I'm thinking since there's supposed to be this focus on money , perhaps that means we'll be able to import drugs. That white sh*t's going straight from the connect's hand to the junkie's nose. f*ck a middleman.

This sounds good. But I think they'll scale down SD.

TheGreene2010

As longs as Tijiuana is not in the game I'm fine, the city looks like a dirty bomb was dropped on it. lol.gif

ZeeKid2k10

I think San Diego will be included.

The Made Man

You sure?

CountyLemonade

I'd actually love for GTA V to include some towns that are to the northwest of the real-life Los Angeles. It'd be a nice change from just the hick communities in San Andreas that were north of Los Santos. Perhaps in this iteration we can have a pleasant little town or two northwest of Los Santos, while to the northeast (around the windmills) we can have places like Blueberry, Palomino Creek, and Angel Pine.

Magic_Al

It's not an implausible amount of content to have "San Diego" and Los Santos. L.A. Noire is all urban and 2.7 times the area of GTA IV (land area), and if Rockstar North can beat Team Bondi then there can be two cities that are each bigger than Liberty City. San Diego is certainly "Southern California" and not excluded from possibility. But... if you bring a border city into it then you have to wonder where Mexico is supposed to be on this map. It would have to be at least a third of the map to be credible, and that takes the game in a different direction, and that might be reason to not do San Diego.

TheIntellectualz

This. Maybe like Alderney was to LC

ZeeKid2k10

My Predictions

It going have GPS Accurate size of Los Angeles, Includes Whole Los Angeles County,River-Side County,Santa Barbara County,Orange County,San Bernardino County,City of San Diego. Interstate 5 will go from Los Santos to San Diego and idk other highways.

The Game is going be huge It may take up to 10 Mins. to get other side of the game

Scampi

I don't really know anything about San Diego, but are there any landmarks there that would make the city worth using? I think of San Diego and I think....buildings. That's all, just buildings, like you'd see in any city. I know they have a zoo, but beyond that I don't know what point there would be to adding it. I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't want it to be Los Santos v1.5.