GTA V a digital download only?

Ice1980

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32466...reckons-pachter

I think it's very likely that we buy a box version of GTA V at Gamestop for example, but only have a digital code that we will use to download the game.

Origianl article

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32458...ital-only-game/

Your thoughts? Pros, Cons?

I personally belive this might be a better way of playing the game. The sky is the limit, in this case your hard drive. Can't fit everything on to a disk? No problem, just download the game. So for example if the GTA IV was 4 GB of data and the disk was 5 gb, R* is limited. Now, for GTA V what if they need 10 GB of game data? Then we can for sure expect everything, multiple cities, huge maps etc. Most people install the game anyways on there hard drives, so why not the game it's self? Just think how big GTA V will be if they use a download code. ONly your HD would be the con. Not everyone has a 250GB(xbox example).

Thoughts?

Great but remember that some people may don't want to connect their consoles to the web and buy a HD for xbox. I would personally like to have just more than one disc with game data.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

Mr Bubbleguts

I can see this totally happening. Don't need 50 topics on it though. I can see them doing like 10 to 15 gig install for high performance, and 3 to 5 gig install for low performance. This eliminates space issues from the disk, I'm down for it. I got that 320 gig hard drive.

G1T

I can see this totally happening. Don't need 50 topics on it though. I can see them doing like 10 to 15 gig install for high performance, and 3 to 5 gig install for low performance. This eliminates space issues from the disk, I'm down for it. I got that 320 gig hard drive.

Sorry wasnt aware of other topics about it. I will search beter next time before I start a thread that was mentioned alread

Cloud gaming and Download only gaming is still way out there, Forget it and rest your head its not happening on GTAV

They would limit the market the could sell to and console games are not pirated as much as pc games. Heck even software has a higher pirate rate so i doubt Rockstar is worried. Imagine trying to download 8 gigs on a DSL line of 1.5mbps line.

This is been done over and over just like, why would Tommy move from Florida to LA or The dang 4chan rumors.

That would exclude a HUGE amount of the fanbase. I wouldn't mind if there was an HD texture disk like BF3 has.

I would be alright with Getting Gta V from Xbox live. That's what i did for IV but i can only do that in my living room and it takes too long with the cats getting on my xbox lol

Hello. I am one of the last grove street warriors alive and on the streets. I've seen all my homies get locked up for life and I saw my closest homies get layed out. Grove for life

Why do people keep saying this? I seriously hope R* doesn't do this. Expect GTA V to relatively small sales figures if they do this.

It can, and probably will happen with the PC version when it comes out. But console version? f*ck to the no. Never going to happen.

Mr Bubbleguts
I can see this totally happening. Don't need 50 topics on it though. I can see them doing like 10 to 15 gig install for high performance, and 3 to 5 gig install for low performance. This eliminates space issues from the disk, I'm down for it.  I got that 320 gig hard drive.

Cloud gaming and Download only gaming is still way out there, Forget it and rest your head its not happening on GTAV

They would limit the market the could sell to and console games are not pirated as much as pc games. Heck even software has a higher pirate rate so i doubt Rockstar is worried. Imagine trying to download 8 gigs on a DSL line of 1.5mbps line.

This is been done over and over just like, why would Tommy move from Florida to LA or The dang 4chan rumors.

Yeah but they can take the Battlefield 3 route. You buy the game on disk and if you want a high performance version you download 30 extra gigs online. That would work for me

G1T

I think as we progress in gaming and connections get faster games theme self will get more demanding, i dont think we will ever get rid of console's or the game itself.

I'm thinking of two release channels:

* Digital download via Xbox LIVE marketplace, and

* A disk set. One disk is the master disk, and the rest of the disks just contain content that you need to install to the hard drive. Then you'll never need the install disks again, just the master disk.

what ever they do, their sales will be fine.

This may actually be leaked pc INFORMATION.

I hope it is.. like Steam. I can always log in and get stuff again.

but count on three days before you get your whole game, if this is the case for all platforms on launch.

and if it is across all platforms on launch, then expect one platform to go first so they don't get smashed by 10 zillion sugar rattled freaking out sticky kids shootin up the pipes at them.

Mr Bubbleguts
I'm thinking of two release channels:

* Digital download via Xbox LIVE marketplace, and

* A disk set. One disk is the master disk, and the rest of the disks just contain content that you need to install to the hard drive. Then you'll never need the install disks again, just the master disk.

Theres gonna be a low and high performance version. I can see it happening right now, it's just how are they going to approach it. I agree with the other guy it's too early for digital downloads but more and more games are moving towards it. I don't know how much it help to stop pirating though, we shall see.

G1T