Rockstar's PLANS for GTAV

lefantome

FACTS:

-The world is 157 years old.

-Rockstar says the game is based on southern california, especially los santos and countryside

-We have no platforms yet

-The graphics are amazing, the map should be huge and the level of detail it's 2 steps ahead the previous game.

-GTAV is using a new versione of rage

-Next-gen consoles probably will be announced at E3 2012.

-Making a GTA now takes 4 years,probably even more for the first next gen installment.

-RAGE team is now indipendent from R* San diego.

-Enb series and icenhancer are very popular mods

-If the new console will be released in 2013(wii u in 2012), so one year after gtav we will had to wait years before the next gta.

-R* is doing a very good job with Dlc's.

-There is no space for a detailed huge map in a dvd, just cause 2 level of detail is nothing compared to gtav's one

-READ ALL THE POST BEFORE POSTING- I'm not saying gtav will be a next gen title, I'm saying it will be upgraded in the future ,it's coming out on current gen.

Grand Theft Auto V Release.

GTA V probably will be released in late april-may so after 2-3 months Max Payne 3 and probably before the next gen consoles announcement. You know that the big one is GTAV not MP3, also mp3 it's a completely different game and 2-3 months should be enough to sell most of the copies.

Is it possible GTAV will be released in late 2012 if they encounter particular problems during development, but the GTAIV case thaught them a lesson, and their way to announce the V installment of the series reflect that.

Next-gen and GTAV

So GTAV will be released between two gen of console, with wii u being the bridge between them(And I think R* will support wii u). As you know from enb series & co. it's not hard to improve graphics of a game(except contents) if you can use a lot of power freely, also the RAGE team is surely already working on next gen rage for next gen R* games and probably GTAV has a version of it(of course scaled down to run on old consoles).

So I expect a next gen version of GTAV, probably containing all DLC's like the GTAIV complete edition.Also will be possible to update the old gen game on next gen console for free with a patch.

DLC's of GTAV

As you know a next gen GTA will take years to being developedand with a release date of GTAV in 2012 we can expect it on 2015-2016.

So R* can take our money with DLC's like happened with GTAIV, this time, with the next-gen update of the title won't be a problem to sell dlc's even after one year or more of next-gen.

We know that developing an huge detailed map like the GTAV map with time and hardware storage constraints it's hard, so I think that ever DLC will had a new city(San Fierro and Las Venturas) and a new characther. I also expect them to be "exclusive content" for one next gen console.

Conclusion

This is the only solution for R*, they can't make GTAV only for next gen, because GTA can't be a launch title when the console base is very small and they can't make GTAV only for old gen because the next GTA will take years and they want to sell DLC after the release, to gain more attention is better release dlc both on old gen and next gen.

So in the end we will have a complete San Andreas experience, on the next gen.

what do you think?

Edited by lefantome

Your conclusion sounds rubish. PS4 has not been announced yet.

Edited by Shockenheim

the game is coming to current gen consoles....

GTA5 is already on the xbox live marcetplace.

Pics or it didn't happen

You should read all the post before reply.

GTAV IS COMING to current gen consoles, there is no place in the post where I deny that.

Your conclusion sounds rubish. PS4 has not been announced yet.

Developers know about consoles before their announcement, especially top sellers like R*.

One next gen console has already been announced this year.Just wait.

No it isn't you liar.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

IT'S NOT GOING TO BE NEXT GEN IF IT'S ALMOST COMPLETE AND THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

They didn't say what platforms it will be on. FACT.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

Effy in Chains

The earliest the next Xbox & Playstation are being launched in Q4 2013 (2014 more likely)... so they will have nothing to do with GTA:V which is a 2012 game.

Zs936OL.gif

Rockstar expect GTA V will sell better than IV. That's clearly means present consoles generation (for next gen, you should buy a new console and the game, too expensive). Nobody makes games for consoles which doesn't exist.

Snake Without a Tongue

The game has already been released and it's larger in size than the actual universe, but only some people can perceive it -- FACT!

IT'S NOT GOING TO BE NEXT GEN IF IT'S ALMOST COMPLETE AND THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

They didn't say what platforms it will be on. FACT.

I'm not saying it will be released at day one as a xbox 720 game, but some time after the Pc,Ps3,Xbox release we could see an update graphics patch for the game for next gen consoles.

Just look at crysis, they're re-released crysis 1 on console using the new engine made for consoles(and next gen ready) and they made it for a less powerful platform.

In this case they will do what icenhancer is doing, bu officially.

about DLC's.

Episodes from Liberty City has been released 18 months after GTAIV. and the dlc didn't contain so much content, so no new territories.

Supposing that GTAV will be out in may 2012, and their DLCs will be as complex as the gtaiv dlcs, they will be released together in fall 2013, and in fall 2013 we will have probably all the new consoles out, so they will take away attention from the old gtav.

Also we will had to wait for 2-3 years before a new GTAV, the first one on next gen. It doesn't sounds good, With light efforts, Rocktar could sell on both generations and provide bigger,better and more expansive contents.

We saw 3 gta in 4 years in the ps2, era. Now it's not possible anymore but we can extend the old gta heavily.Just imagine how big is the map of GTAV only with los santos and countryside, imagine 3x map with SF and LV. It will be cheaper to develop, because R* can recycle lot of content from GTAV and rely on the GTAV tech.

they just need to develop more content than TBGOT and TLAD

I think there will come an Episodes from San Andreas in 2013 with San Fierro or Las Venturas.

I think that Rockstar Games in not going to make Grand Theft Auto games for ever, their is one day that they will stop of making it, but when? 1997-?

I only know that playstation 4 & xbox 720 don´t have an anouncement yet, but i am pretty sure that they will come in late 2015 or beginning 2016.

Max Payne 3 has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto, i mean, the developer of Max Payne 3 will maybe Rockstar Vancouver, Rockstar New England, Rockstar Toronto and Rockstar London. But Grand Theft Auto-series is always Rockstar North or Rockstar Leeds as Developer.. Only the publisher of between games is Rockstar Games.

It doesnt even matter anymore. If its a rehash of San Andreas then better they work on it longer. New consoles havent even been announced apart from the WII PS4 is in development but no news on that! No rush is there. Along with new consoles you will need new tv's or gaming monitors to support them 1080p will be old news......

I reckon GTA 5 has been in development since 4 came out! about 2 years......in projects you can create niche" team of staff to work behind the scenes drafting ideas and doing light work while the main team work on current projects like DLC RED DEAD and LA NOIRE. ........just not utilising the full team! I think theres cross over..I dont think Rockstar north haev been sitting idle while max payne as been worked on by another branch...IMO

Rockstar have people working on diff projects...but behind the scenes its not always as simple as saying San Diego work on this Rockstar north work on that.....staff have diff levels of talent that could be used or crossed over

Max payne is developed by a diff team to GTA which is in scotland but that doesnt mean staff from there dont have an input in GTA..as some of their best people might be moved around for a project....or work from there.......

Next gen consoles? you never know...they might delay it till they are sure the next gen consoles are coming...even so it will take at least 2 3 years from release to utilise the technology of next gen. How long did it take to utilise the PS3? a long time and some developers got frustrated lol

Edited by BlademanX

Alastair Smyth
FACTS:

Okay, uncle-brother. Remember that the tract will be written when we are all ready wink.gif

FACTS:

Okay, uncle-brother. Remember that the tract will be written when we are all ready wink.gif

it's odd you're the first one to notice it, anyway back IT