"Full Development"

RoundTrip

"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development."

Just wanted peoples take on this part of Rockstars statement.

Can we read anything into "full development", sounds like it`s a year of to me.

Like release date oct 2011. May 2011 seems to soon somehow.

Full development to me means they have picked up steam and is at least 50% there..

I`d honestly liked something more like "in the last stages" or something.

Any thoughts?

"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development."

Just wanted peoples take on this part of Rockstars statement.

Can we read anything into "full development", sounds like it`s a year of to me.

Like release date oct 2011. May 2011 seems to soon somehow.

Full development to me means they have picked up steam and is at least 50% there..

I`d honestly liked something more like "in the last stages" or something.

Any thoughts?

Yeah May / October 2011 is unrealistic i mean theyve passed so unless R* buy us all time machines DEFO not going to be released then. You heard it from me first.

I came from the year 3452 to tell you that the game will be delayed to Oct. 2012.

Well, realistically, it would be released somewhere close that date.

3lIXKDi.png

I think it means that they got off their asses and put Agent on hold once again, to get all of R* north working on GTA V to have it out next year.

Snake Without a Tongue

The trailer didn't even say "coming soon" so it's going to be awhile.

I came from the year 3452 to tell you that the game will be delayed to Oct. 2012.

Well, realistically, it would be released somewhere close that date.

Just as realistic as everyone who told me that the protag's name is Xavier or John xD

The trailer didn't even say "coming soon" so it's going to be awhile.

We've only seen a fraction of Los Santos. I think ther'e about 65%?

they already said they are just finishing up the mini games, they are around 90 percent

and where did they say that?

one thing we know it hasnt been sent to PEGI for rating yet!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

they already said they are just finishing up the mini games, they are around 90 percent

That was a rumour by Gamespot who said that they have close sources to the game, and their sources said the game was what you said right there.

Rumours conjured up by users with an extraordinary imagination/number of uncles and dads working at R*.

Indeed. Think rating will me M for Mature :-)

R* would probably want to remain very tight lipped and wouldn't just say, "yeh we're nearly done"

Full development is probably used to just tie everyone over until we find out more but I wouldn't take it as far as Oct/Nov 2012.

Yeah i dont think we can doubt that, when sent for pegi rating all game files sounds and resources have to be subbmitted and gone through if i remember correctly! so its atleast a month off i would imagine!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Snake Without a Tongue
The game's coming out in '09. I can feel it in me water.

Bullsh*t. It'll be announced at E3 in 09 but won't be released until 2010.

Going by common sense, GTAV development cycle should take a lot less then GTAIV. Which took about 4 years. My guess fall 2012.

No, it will be rated A, for Amazing tounge.gif

-----

On topic: I guess they are almost done with it. Just look at how many details they showed already. That wasn't the case when the first trailer of GTA IV was released. My bet is on October 2012 as a release date, consoles only! PC coming in 2013.

As I noticed through social networks people from San diego (NOT RAGE TEAM) are working on GTAV temporarly, also from different teams and surely people from rage team too.

Also R* hired people in the last couple of months.

"Full development" means they're working at the maximum of their forces to finish the game, so the release date it's not far away. Also if they decided to announce the game NOW, means that they're pretty sure about the release date but they don't want to say it before being 99% sure to avoid problems like GTAIV

R* would probably want to remain very tight lipped and wouldn't just say, "yeh we're nearly done"

Full development is probably used to just tie everyone over until we find out more but I wouldn't take it as far as Oct/Nov 2012.

Dude I would take it as far as December 2012........You got a lot of a content to get through. Not to mention testing debugging last minute ideas to throw in. A project of this scale is not a joke and needs time to be successful. A full 12 month cycle is even generous. Theyve been working on it for at least 2 years I reckon. They might be deep in. But they still have Max Payne which is march 2012. November Dec 2012 or even a delay to March 2013!

How do we even know GTA 5 is the next release after Max Payne? There might be something else in the works

Dude I would take it as far as December 2012........You got a lot of a content to get through. Not to mention testing debugging last minute ideas to throw in. A project of this scale is not a joke and needs time to be successful. A full 12 month cycle is even generous. Theyve been working on it for at least 2 years I reckon. They might be deep in. But they still have Max Payne which is march 2012. November Dec 2012 or even a delay to March 2013!

How do we even know GTA 5 is the next release after Max Payne? There might be something else in the works

If they wernt far into it they wouldn't have announced it and released a trailer. I expect it's almost done. Most the rumors we heard were true about a west coast setting. A lot of the same rumors say it's almost done with things like "mini games" now being added. I doubt very much it will be released in December 2012, almost impossible for a 2013 release.

I think they are near finish with the game. First of all the trailer announcement came out of nowhere. Nobody expected we would get a trailer. Rockstar hasn't said a word for the past few years, the BAM, "11-02-2011 GTA V Trailer". I say continue to expect the unexpected. GTA IV only took so long because they were still working out the kinks dealing with the 360 and PS3 hardware. For GTA V they didn't have to start from scratch because they already had a platform built from GTA IV.

Or maybe there done it already and there like "oh lets just feed them trailers every month then be like oh were done herp da derp"

but come on guys it's most likely to be out in 2012 but it is nice to wish.

I think they have come pretty far in the development. If you compare this trailer to let's say IV, this shows wayyy much more. So I believe that they are about 80% done maybe?. At least I hope so.

It is completely illogical to assume that R* will announce a game, provide a trailer, and take till October 2012 to release it. They want to build hype, not make you so frustrated that you reset R*.

With that said, it will not be released this year (obviously), as there isn't enough hype.

Early next year is the most logical estimation, and I'd assume we'll have our hands on the game some time in May.

The game looks close to completion, in regards to the trailer.

By FULL DEVELOPMENT, I'd say they're almost finished, and in the process of smoothing out the creases, with all of thw poer they have, as to bring out the best game possible. Finishing it up, polishing the game.