The Jetski & the bridge...

White Infernus

White Infernus

Alright,

So I'm seeing a lot of people on these Forums saying that the snippet of the guy on the 'Speedophile 2000' is riding underneath Gant Bridge, and to these people, please look up Golden Gate Bridge & watch the Trailer again. They look absolutely nothing alike (Just to nip this theory in the bud early).

If it were Gant Bridge, it'd prove that both San Fiero & Las Venturas were more than likely in game, however this doesn't mean this bridge still doesn't answer the question were all asking; Is it just Los Santos or is it the whole of San Andreas?

If you check out the trailer (It's at about the 00:18 mark on Youtube), you can see a few things in the background: a fairly big bridge, some industrial machinary and the sun.

That fairly big Bridge.

If you look at the original San Andreas map, the only bridges that fit the size of this one are the ones crossing the water to the next city. If this new San Andreas were only Los Santos, Red County & the Countryside (All seen on the Trailer), then the bridge doesn't fit anywhere. It's far too big to be the one that connects the Countryside to Los Santos and it's also too big to be any of the bridges up in Red County.

Obviously the map and everything could have been updated so that a bridge this size could link somewhere like the countryside to the city.

Industrial shizz.

The only sort of industrious area in the original San Andreas I guess was San Fiero. The massive cranes in the background don't really fit anywhere else on the water around Los Santos. If it was solely Los Santos and the Countryside, then the only bridge would be the one from Los Sandos to the Countryside, it just wouldn't fit.

Docks, cranes, massive bridges... Looks more like San Fiero to me.

The sun?

As in real life, the sun rises in the East, sets in the West. This, has also been the case in all the other GTA games. So judging from the trailer, we're either facing East or West (As of course the sun is setting).

This strengthens the Countryside to Los Santos argument slightly, but I've another thought...

Conclusion:

The bridge in the trailer is.... The one connecting San Fiero and The Desert. (Garver Bridge)

What do you guys think?

Edited by White Infernus

The bridge could also be the one that turns to the harbour, where you had to steal the weapon crates with Ryder.

Hope for the san fierro bridge though

GRINCH ASS BITCH

I'm assuming you haven't seen Rockstar's official announcement? I'm pretty sure San Fierro will not be in this game.

That is actually one of the reasons I am holding onto the belief it is SA, and R* are being quiet to build anticipation.

Why? It makes no sense. It seems geographically absurd to have one city, with countryside around it, surrounded by a vast expanse of water. Seriously, that is madness. What is the point of having such a huge bridge leading onto nothing but wilderness leading onto nothing but water? See where I'm getting at? If LS is true, then it seems as though R* have stayed true to the detailed city idea of IV, but just pasted some countryside to keep us happy. Also, R* have traditionally had their games in a series of islands. If it is just LS, this will be the first GTA with one island with a big bridge leading to some country. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole of SA is there.

White Infernus

Hmm, even watching this scene again it looks like were facing neither Countryside nor Los Santos. It looks more like its facing some industrial or at least built up area, but it doesn't look anything like Los Santos.

White Infernus

Being a Brit I'm not great with American Geography but the picture of the Vincent Thomas bridge looks exactly like the one in the video and the one I mean from San Andreas, thanks smile.gif!

I'm gonna guess it's the bridge connecting the main los santos to the national guard island in the south-east part of the map:

user posted image

White Infernus

@ SonofUgly,

Aha, nice find, I guess this is an industrial areas + facing east/west.

However, scale issues + the uncanny resembelance of the Vincent Thomas bridge?

If I remember correctly, in the original San Andreas the Bridge connecting to this island is fairly short and it's certainly not as high up as that, but it's all possible. Still standing by the Fiero - Desert Bridge though.

SonofUgly is definitely correct; let's make a comparison:

user posted image

All bridges maintain their basic shape and design. The features of the bridge's tower are consistent in all images, as well as how a large portion of the bridge extends over the land. Yes, the San Andreas version is much smaller, but this must be due to the restrictions of the limits that they had. Keep in mind that they pretty much condensed the entire state of California and part of Nevada into a single game. While the bridge is rather small, you can clearly see that they managed to retain its signature features so that there lies a clear resemblance between the two.

According to Wikipedia, the Vincent Thomas Bridge is a suspension bridge "crossing the Los Angeles Harbor in the U.S. state of California, linking San Pedro, Los Angeles, with Terminal Island." I'm afraid I don't see a link with San Francisco / San Fierro here.