Earliest speculated release date would be May 2012

damian001

Just a crosspost from another thread I posted in. Now, remember, this is all CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE. It's not direct evidence or "proof" if you'd like to use the correct term; unlike what I've been seeing a lot on GTAforums for the past week. Please get it right. Anyways onto my post. This post will be talking about when Rockstar released the first introductionary trailers for all games in the current generation (PS3/360). If you noticed, they all had their initial release date about 6 months after the first trailer:

Once again, all of these had around a 6 month waiting time; provided that there are no delays. That's just how Rockstar does its marketing. Thanks for reading.

Edited by damian001

id say this is round about right, also all of this 24th May stuff is very interesting, especially as it's housers birthday and the original release date of the title song from the trailer, so im going with may 24th

id say this is round about right, also all of this 24th May stuff is very interesting, especially as it's housers birthday and the original release date of the title song from the trailer, so im going with may 24th

Videogames don't get released on a Thursday. Tuesdays are your best bet.

Harwood Butch3r

I'm going with a May 2012 release. I can't see it being any later unless there's a huge delay like there was with GTA IV.

I'm 90% confident it'll be May 2012. smile.gif

Videogames don't get released on a Thursday. Tuesdays are your best bet.

Maybe May 15, 2012 could be possible

It's a Tuesday and in line with the RDR (May 18, 2010) and LA Noire (May 17, 2011) releases

Also it's 204 days after the announcement biggrin.gif (Oct 25th included)

Yeah May does seem about right, give Max Payne enough time to ship some units and give more then enough time to generate a hype.

Will feel like a long ass wait though suicidal.gif

SIG-2.jpg

I would say a december 2012 release.

October 2012 maybe, but no way it would be December. That's just bad for marketing & sales. The 6th and 7th gen consoles were all released on Novembers (with the exception of PS2, it came out on an October). GTAIII, VC, SA, LCS, VCS all came out on Octobers. Hell, even looking to the Call of Duty series, all of their games either came out on October or November. BF3 recently just came out and November just started! tounge2.gif

A December release wouldn't give enough time for a videogame to gain popularity for more people to buy during the holiday season.

I agree.

6 months is ample time for them to create hype and advertise like hell.

The pattern is pretty solid so I guess we'll wait & see.

Please add your original post to this thread here..

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=489604&st=220

Instead of people making new topics all the time, keep it all in here please.