1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

LoneWolfATL
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SimsDaniel916

• PhillBellic

• Officer620

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what I found!  

So i've been playing abit with the Vapid Stanier and i tried something new...  

Now that the new trailer has been released you can see that the cop cars have not changed one bit from GTA IV, well, I take that back, they have new gay light bars and are a different color. They stil

FATMANYOU2

Hey guys if you look at the yellow and black cab, it looks like it is shaped more like a crown vic. Most of the time the cabs are the same as the police vehicles. What do y'all think? monocle.gif

user posted image

Hey guys if you look at the yellow and black cab, it looks like it is shaped more like a crown vic. Most of the time the cabs are the same as the police vehicles. What do y'all think? monocle.gif

-data expunged-

There was another post showing that the police car model and taxi car model are actually slightly different, so I wouldn't trust that the taxi we see will be the exact same rolleyes.gif

killahmatic

I'm not concerned how the police cars look, i just want the police to act more smart and stop ramming me head on at full speed. It just made the game seem more unrealistic.

I'm not concerned how the police cars look, i just want the police to act more smart and stop ramming me head on at full speed. It just made the game seem more unrealistic.

Nah, Liberty City just had a very suicidal police force.

BR00TAL HITMAN

I think that I would be ok with the same police cars if (and only if) they add police trucks. Not just for FBI but Los Santos police trucks driving around the contry side.

user posted image

Itd also be cool for R* to add ladder fire trucks (not as likely as adding police trucks though).

user posted image

I think that I would be ok with the same police cars if (and only if) they add police trucks. Not just for FBI but Los Santos police trucks driving around the contry side.

user posted image

Itd also be cool for R* to add ladder fire trucks (not as likely as adding police trucks though).

user posted image

This post topic has been discussed. Start reading.

Celticfang

On that note, wasn't the one in EOTL in SA the only one in the game?

R* put it in just for that little bit of the endgame if so.

PhillBellic
On that note, wasn't the one in EOTL in SA the only one in the game?

R* put it in just for that little bit of the endgame if so.

The Ladder Truck Variant that you speak of is featured in that mission. It is also available for you anytime if you head to the rear of the San Fierro Fire Station building at Doherty (south of your garage).

Cheers.

If we do get a tiller ladder, it will not have rear steering, but possibly a functional ladder. It should be ideal for the city streets, but still drive and operate well in desert or countryside environments. The ladder should reach 100 feet and be used to get to points on tall buildings or top of smaller buildings. It can be used in certain missions. The ladder should stay in place at all times, except when in use.

That's what it originally started as. We're just discussing more than we're wishing. We're not doing anything to get the topic locked.

BirthOfMayhem
Sent E-Mail.

It may be late but, eh'..

Regarding what?

To ask R* to consider updating police vehicles and to make them aware that there is a large group of people that care about them. We've been on this topic so long that its hard to remember page 1 lol.

Sent E-Mail.

It may be late but, eh'..

Regarding what?

To ask R* to consider updating police vehicles and to make them aware that there is a large group of people that care about them. We've been on this topic so long that its hard to remember page 1 lol.

Yes, well I think that they've heard our cry just a little bit. Unfortunately, we all have to realize that the game is about thieves, stealing things, guns, shooting and killing people, death crime, etc. But, police is a large part of the game, bigger than that of fire and emergency services, but if they are trying to construct a good realistic game, then they will listen to us. There is a larger community of the opposite of everyone here in this topic.

FATMANYOU2

One thing I did hear is that you will be able to help those in distress, like purse snatchers and stranded pedestrians. I personally don't believe Rockstar is telling us everything moto_whistle.gif , that's my opinion. Also, I know they heard our cry for changing some things when comes to the emergency system icon14.gif Rockstar also mentioned there will be a load of different vehicles on this episode of GTA compared to past titles, so that's good news to me.

One thing I did hear is that you will be able to help those in distress, like purse snatchers and stranded pedestrians. I personally don't believe Rockstar is telling us everything moto_whistle.gif , that's my opinion. Also, I know they heard our cry for changing some things when comes to the emergency system icon14.gif Rockstar also mentioned there will be a load of different vehicles on this episode of GTA compared to past titles, so that's good news to me.

Yes, they did announce that GTA: V will have the most amount of vehicles out of all of the GTA series, since they are bringing back so many genres of vehicles. Also, I think that they said that you'd be able to see events from AI like you did in Red Dead Redemption. I don't recall them saying you could help with purse snatchers, as it seems as though you would assist in them. tounge.gif I do recall them saying that you'd see vehicles on the side of the road with bodies all around them and you could walk up and investigate. I think they also mentioned something about vehicles breaking down. I'm not sure if this meant the player's car, or AI cars.

USAPatriot
Soooooooo, we got a new images of a LSPD car.

The original is on top, and I lightened up the bottom image.  It is evident the Vapid Cruiser has changed a bit (you can also see taxi's appear to be completely different not just in color, but car style, which is odd).  The cruiser still looks like a older model Ford Crown Victoria, but a little different, and not as dated as the LCPD ones.

user posted image

I would even argue, this particular car doesn't look the same as the Vapid cruiser we saw in the first trailer.

Here is a shot from the trailer, a year ago, of the Vapid Cruiser, which was obviously a carry over from GTA IV.  They did change the car. . . . but it doesn't look as American from the headlights.  Dare I say it looks like a foreign car?  Naaawww.... I won't say that yet.

Look at the A-pillars on the car.  They change in thickness from the first trailer to the screenshots.  As do the back taillights.

user posted image

Well I guess its good to see that they're slowly changing the appearance of the police cars. Hopefully all our cries for change are beginning to have an affect.

I still really want them to change the light bars to LED. Rockstar, modernise your lights devil.gif

Okay, so in previous images we saw what some claimed as "multiple" different vehicle types as police cars. But I am thinking, what if one we say was the original Vapid Cruiser in the background as well as one of these newer patrol cars? Brining these images up because they show both. Someone also said one looks like the back rear window of a Bravado Buffalo.

The mirror color in the first trailer was black, and in the two images above, the color is white. Another interesting find. We have also forgot about the fact that I and a few other members spotted a slick-top patrol car, or what we thought to be that.

USAPatriot

I remember all these topics from the past, but I wonder if they really will keep slicktops. They seem to avoid unmarked too (probably because a lot of gamers are not familiar with what police do) and would call shenanigans.

Nice job noticing the mirrors. I think the new car looks more "full" or "complete" at this point. Already better then the old Vapid (which I loved), but I don't know. I haven't full seen the new cruiser or driven it.

I remember all these topics from the past, but I wonder if they really will keep slicktops. They seem to avoid unmarked too (probably because a lot of gamers are not familiar with what police do) and would call shenanigans.

Good point. They don't necessarily have to be unmarked, just a slick-top. The unmarked ones should be recognizable in some ways.

USAPatriot

The closest we have ever gotten to unmarked was a FIB Buffalo, which was a good unmarked units for GTA IV. Though I am going on a limb and saying I doubt there will be unmarked municipal / county sheriff / state police in the game. Though if unmarked cars return, it would probably be the FIB.

Also the FIB was a slicktop. I think it would be nice to see a slicktop unit, but again, for some reason I doubt it. And I don't like doubting Rockstar. I know they are spending their time on things not as "petty" as our wishes and thoughts. Though it is a lot of fun to speculate, talk, discuss, and hope for these minor updates and changes.

The closest we have ever gotten to unmarked was a FIB Buffalo, which was a good unmarked units for GTA IV. Though I am going on a limb and saying I doubt there will be unmarked municipal / county sheriff / state police in the game. Though if unmarked cars return, it would probably be the FIB.

Also the FIB was a slicktop. I think it would be nice to see a slicktop unit, but again, for some reason I doubt it. And I don't like doubting Rockstar. I know they are spending their time on things not as "petty" as our wishes and thoughts. Though it is a lot of fun to speculate, talk, discuss, and hope for these minor updates and changes.

Technically it was a slick-top. The ones we are referring to however are a marked police car, without a lightbar. There's marked, unmarked, slick-top, and undercover. Undercover is a regular vehicle used by the police.

Yea I hope Emergency vehicles get LED lights and hopefully the cops will be smarter.

I also hope they could interact better like when you call them

Yea I hope Emergency vehicles get LED lights and hopefully the cops will be smarter.

Won't happen in this version.

cops being smarter won't happen?

cops being smarter won't happen?

That will, I meant the lights. I do have to agree with you on your uniforms topic. I think that we should be able to get all of these at either a costume store like in Saints Row, or by doing the side missions if they return. Otherwise, we can get them from friends.