1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

LoneWolfATL
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SimsDaniel916

• PhillBellic

• Officer620

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what I found!  

So i've been playing abit with the Vapid Stanier and i tried something new...  

Now that the new trailer has been released you can see that the cop cars have not changed one bit from GTA IV, well, I take that back, they have new gay light bars and are a different color. They stil

SimsDaniel916

I'll grab some pics and a vid of the Police Maverick.

As for the Buffalo, theres no telling when I'll get it as the loop spawn has been removed.

Edited by SimsDaniel916
  • Like 1
Officer Ronson

Social club pics aren't updated, you can clearly notice some graphic differences between the new vehicle pics and the current pics.

Socialclub is never reliable. Just now I tried to upload a few photos from Snapmatic and I don't even have the option to go to a gallery. It's not in the same place as last gen. Does anyone know where it is?

Also, I just discovered firsthand that R* decided to put the new lighting on only police vehicles, Fire/EMS lights still look amber. :cry:

So this happened:

I was experimenting a little and blew up a car. I was preparing to call 911, when I heard that horrible new fire engine siren approaching in the distance. I put down my phone and watched them pull up and the whole crew run toward the car with extinguishers. However, when the car exploded, it set another nearby car on fire. As the firefighters were running toward the first car, the second burning car exploded and killed three of them. This secondary explosion then started a mini chain reaction and blew up two more cars. An LSFD ambulance arrived and the medics began tending to their fallen brothers, as another engine approached the newly blown-up car and their crew began fighting the flames.

So 2 engines and an RA were dispatched to this incident on their own, keep in mind I never called 911, this was all the game's doing.

As I gazed in awe at this amazing spectacle that was taking place before me in glorious first person view, I had but one frustrating thought cross my mind that made my blood boil:

Why the hell is it next gen and firefighters STILL aren't wearing helmets?!

• Like 1
RandomGamer67

Found the picture I took. It isnt on social club so I had to take a picture of the screen. Sorry for the damaged car and the low quality. The hood fell off but it doesn't have that ugly logo. Thos is the only one I currently have. Ill take more soon. http://m.imgur.com/sYcLCx9

Another interesting thing was that when I was looking for a police buffalo at the police station before I knew this picture was saved, there were modded cars driving out of the impound lot

Edited by RandomGamer67
  • Like 1

Look what I found!

yLx60bY7uUeTT0wKQ8dsEw_0_0.jpg

QJV7nuZqNUKuV6GIbMgxQQ_0_0.jpg

YES! YESS

LAPD MARKINGS

NO MORE RETARDED SHIELD

perhaps they have been listening.... this wasn't online, was it?

• Like 3
SimsDaniel916

Nice little story of how I managed to get the Police Buffalo:

I was driving near the police station that has the Single Player Impound garage. I was surprised to find that there were two police bikes parked at the station and when I grabbed one, the new Buffalo was the first responding patrol car.

cCIEJSBM30KnDvTBC7sC-Q_0_0.jpg

Look what I found!

YES! YESS

LAPD MARKINGS

NO MORE RETARDED SHIELD

No, it was VERY unfortunately Single Player.

Edited by SimsDaniel916
  • Like 2
RandomGamer67

I took a rear picture of the police buffalo. Not sure if 2 posts are showing. I posted this picture in another comment a minute ago however it isn't showing. Here is the picture.

http://m.imgur.com/3VVjXm6

I would not complain if in singleplayer and online the police taurus would be fully replaced by that new buffalo

Edited by RandomGamer67
Officer620

That Buffalo craps all over the Taurus Interceptor. Updated livery, LEDs and also a new push bar. Absolutely fantastic. WHY didn't they do this to the Taurus as well? :facedesk:

It seems they've done the mix-and-match approach with vehicle lighting as well. Most vehicles have updated LED lightbars (no more orange and white rubbish) but they have left some of them untouched, i.e. Sheriff's Cruiser, LSPD Cruiser and the Fire Truck.

It appears to me that the inconsistent garbled mess of emergency vehicles has actually, amazingly, incredibly, become even MORE or an inconsistent garbled mess. Glad I didn't bother with buying a whole new copy.

Many thanks to Dan for his work on supplying this topic with pictures and videos to discuss, keep it up!

Cheers!

• Like 2

THAT BUFFALO

They even added a pushbar! And looking at it from the rear, the resemblance to an actual LAPD Charger is uncanny.

3841527626_3b88faed09_z.jpg5010339992_9a6e68a95c_z.jpg

So why is not in multiplayer or the primary responding unit?!

• Like 2

It should appear sporadically during normal conditions, and often as a highway pursuit and higher wanted level response.

Maybe, because it's seen so infrequently, they worked on that first as a test and will hopefully carry it over to the other vehicles through DLC and updates....

• Like 1
SimsDaniel916

I just did the Michael side mission where Amanda is in the back of a patrol car for stealing.

As I pulled up, I saw that the patrol car Amanda was in was a Slick-top Crown Victoria! [i'll put a pic up when Social Club isn't messed up.]

I just did the Michael side mission where Amanda is in the back of a patrol car for stealing.

As I pulled up, I saw that the patrol car Amanda was in was a Slick-top Crown Victoria! [i'll put a pic up when Social Club isn't messed up.]

all this variety is making me think somewhere down the road we can build our own cop cars

TheGoodSgtScooter

I'm dumb, what's the difference between slick top/non slick top?

SimsDaniel916

A slick top does not have a light bar on top of it.

Officer Ronson

Slicktop means it doesn't have a lightbar, only interior/ram/grill lights.

What's cool is I think this is the first ever GTA slick top. I thought the NOOSE cruiser in GTA 4 was too, but it wasn't

Edited by NYG 5

Look what I found!

YES! YESS

LAPD MARKINGS

NO MORE RETARDED SHIELD

LOL it doesn't even say Police on the doors (IRL LAPD has "Police" below the City Logo and quote, just like the LSPD Stanier. GG Rockstar, gg. I have to admit it does look better than the old crappy livery (But why does it still have the Interceptor style Police Font on the front?).

Officer620

Do you think this is because of some mission cut-scene glitch? The Sheriff's Cruiser in one of the cut-scenes (the Paleto Bay robbery mission) seemed to have both LED and halogen lightbars mixed together. A strange glitch?

Cheers!

Edited by Officer620
SimsDaniel916

Do you think this is because of some mission cut-scene glitch? The Sheriff's Cruiser in one of the cut-scenes (the Paleto Bay robbery mission) seemed to have both LED and halogen lightbars mixed together. A strange glitch?

Cheers!

Yeah, this same glitch used to also happen on the Amanda mission I did. I guess Rockstar just removed the lighter rather than fixing it.

Thats a shame considering it means that we probably won't see it anywhere else. It seams like this was easy for Rockstar to do though so perhaps we can convince them to make it a regular on the streets.

Cheers!

It might be the return of the Slicktop glitch (If it isn't actually intended to be a Slicktop variant).