1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

LoneWolfATL
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SimsDaniel916

• PhillBellic

• Officer620

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what I found!  

So i've been playing abit with the Vapid Stanier and i tried something new...  

Now that the new trailer has been released you can see that the cop cars have not changed one bit from GTA IV, well, I take that back, they have new gay light bars and are a different color. They stil

SGT. Johnson

Alright. Time for me to add to this topic.

First off, I'm like many of you: an avid fan of Law Enformcent, and I too would like R* to put a little more effort into their PCs. With that being said, first off, I like the cars they have now (because they can reuse the models and allow most if not all of them to appearin MP) but I defintely do see room for improvement. Honestly, look for more improvement in the next gen; sad but most likely true.

Next, I have always wanted GTA to include THE OPTION to dress as one of the Law Enforcement agencies in GTA IV: Patrol, Traffic, NOoSE, FIB. However, we only got bits and pieces of their clothing (NOoSE Helmet, Blue Jacket, Blue Track Pants, Combat Pants with Boots, and FIB Hat (if you were a female)).I don't see how hard it would be to add a special unifroma or clothing section labeled: ODD JOBS or SPECIAL or something else. By doing this, R* contributes to both ends (the Cops and the Crooks).

Each one of us is either a Cop or a Crook

I definitely agree with this quote. You see it all the time in MP. You have your cop killers and you have those that RP as cops. We are all different, and by not having an adequate side of both features present, R* is being slightly bias towards the Crook side. This is why clans are created, especially police clans. I should know; I run one. It just makes things more fun especially due to the lack of fun things to do in GTA IV. Also, a lot of my friends have complained on occassion that they'd love to RP as cops if they had the option. There lies a problem: LACK OF RP AND LAW ENFORCEMENT FEATURES. This beign the underlying main focus of the creation of this topic, with better lookign lights stemming from it.

I personally agree with LoneWolfATL and the rest of the people who have commented and sent emails to R*. Good for all of you! You are trying to make a difference and speak your opinion. GTA is becoming something much more than just a crime sim; it's becoming a game that can satisfy almost ALL playing styles, the Law Enforcement/RP side just needs a little more attention and GTA V will trump games such as COD, Saints Row the Third, and others.To clarify I do not hate or am trying to bash the games I just previously listed. I think COD series is a very successful game franchise, however, it's not my "cup of tea". Saints Row the Third, although it is a GTA clone, Activision is taking a step forward in the right direction. R* would be wise to adopt or look closely at SOME features, but not necessarily need to copy the GTA clone's features. GTA is a game that is focused on realism, doesn't mean, however, that it should be extremely realistic. Adding a Tank or putting in a strange weapon (not necessarily a dildo bat) would be a positive IMO. Finally, if you do not like my opinions, do not bash them. I'm entitled to my own opinion just like everyone else on this forum. These are my main hopes and expectations for GTA V and I hope, like a lot of you, that they come true.

Until then, The Many Different Emotions of a GTA V Fan (and myself):

moto_whistle.gifShifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gifsuicidal.gifcryani.gifinlove.gif

LoneWolfATL

Yes, to those who post that the cop cars are fine and you don't care if they change them, you are the crook game players. And yes I made this post primarily about adding more detail to the police vehicles, but that's because I think that it's a change that R* may actually consider making on GTA V. Deeper into it I do wish that they would add the ability to be cops instead of always crooks or at least give us more to work with so that we can RP ourselves. The game has always been about being a crook, kill him, rob him, run, run, run, run, run. It gets really old, just like how COD making the same game over and over again with new maps and a few new perks is getting really old. GTA needs a change to add to the enjoyment and expand to other crowds before they begin to die out in popularity. GTA IV already took a hit because they took all of the humor and fun vehicles out of the game and there is nothing fun to do once you beat the game. San Andreas kept me busy all the way up until IV came out, but I've been bored of IV and GTA V still has some way to go before releasing. All you can do is drive around, get chased, and shoot people. I want a game where I can be the chaser, it's more of a challenge. I also think that R* needs to make the police AI waaay better. In IV all you have to do is stand in a corner and shoot them as they come for hours, that is so d*amn unrealistic and boring as hell.

SGT. Johnson

Yes, to those who post that the cop cars are fine and you don't care if they change them, you are the crook game players. And yes I made this post primarily about adding more detail to the police vehicles, but that's because I think that it's a change that R* may actually consider making on GTA V. Deeper into it I do wish that they would add the ability to be cops instead of always crooks or at least give us more to work with so that we can RP ourselves. The game has always been about being a crook, kill him, rob him, run, run, run, run, run. It gets really old, just like how COD making the same game over and over again with new maps and a few new perks is getting really old. GTA needs a change to add to the enjoyment and expand to other crowds before they begin to die out in popularity. GTA IV already took a hit because they took all of the humor and fun vehicles out of the game and there is nothing fun to do once you beat the game. San Andreas kept me busy all the way up until IV came out, but I've been bored of IV and GTA V still has some way to go before releasing. All you can do is drive around, get chased, and shoot people. I want a game where I can be the chaser, it's more of a challenge. I also think that R* needs to make the police AI waaay better. In IV all you have to do is stand in a corner and shoot them as they come for hours, that is so d*amn unrealistic and boring as hell.

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT that "those who post here about not changing the lights/updating the cars are CROOKS". That is not neccessaily true. Everyone has a different playstyle and opinions about what they think a game needs. If others don't think that the feature in question is needed, then that's their opinion. I for one would like this and other features present. I will agree though, that SOME, who post in this thread negatively about your feature being implemented can be considered CROOK players.

EDIT: I'm also seeing the same thing happen in my topic "Turning Indicators and More Traffic Realism".

I've already got some of my opinions bashed!

Edited by SGT. Johnson
LoneWolfATL

I was just thinking too, R* would probably claim LA Noire as a cop game to go play instead of GTA, but LA Noire was crap. There was nothing aside from the main story, there was 0 freedom, it was a game based on being a cop yet still the police equipment like the vehicles were designed extremely lazily considering there were no lights at all, and who wants to play in the 50's!?

The last game from R* that was worth the $60 I paid, or as a matter of fact the last game from anyone that was worth it was was Red Dead and even though it was a good game, it still isn't even my type of game. I like realistic present day open world games with plenty to do and the ability to RP as a cop is a big plus.

The ideas presented in this thread alone could be used to develop a game that would dominate the market. Of course we don't know yet how good GTA V will be, but based on the first trailer it looks like it's going to possibly be another GTA IV in a new more detailed world where once you beat the game and play the MP for a while you get bored out of your mind from nothing else to do. They didn't present any evidence of entertaining activities to come up in the game.

What happened to game developers these days? I watch game after game release getting worse as time goes on. It's like they think that good graphics are all that they need to make money. I believe that the GTA series is one of the few today that this does not apply to, but though GTA IV was awesome it certainly was not their best work.

DiepekeelGTA
I was just thinking too, R* would probably claim LA Noire as a cop game to go play instead of GTA, but LA Noire was crap. There was nothing aside from the main story, there was 0 freedom, it was a game based on being a cop yet still the police equipment like the vehicles were designed extremely lazily considering there were no lights at all, and who wants to play in the 50's!?

I still think LA Noire had a lot of good things GTA could learn from. For example, the AI. I was responding to a call from dispatch about there being shots fired somewhere, so when I eventually got close to the crime scene I could hear the shots in the distance. Pretty cool I though to myself, but it got even better, you could see people running for cover from all places, it made the call instantly a lot more intense and even real-life like. You could almost feel the tension in the air as a shooting would logically cause.

The streetcrimes system is something that could work in a GTA-game, also the gun sounds are awesome in LA Noire, in GTA it always sounds off. But I digress.

The gun sounds in Max Payne 3 sound great too. So they have the sound library from LA Noire and MP3 to steal from, seeing as they are all developed by Rockstar in some way, they would be crazy not too.

Back on topic. As much as I want a stronger Cop system in the game, i don't think we will see it. GTA has always been about the total opposite, the criminals of the world trying to get rich on the wrong side of the law, adding a proper police element to the game would be totally going in the opposite direction to what the game is about. Which probably sounds great to me, and most people in this thread. But the creators of GTA are inevitbley going to design a game around there grand vision, and when GTA was originally introduced there vision was the ultimate crime game, and for as long as thats not been fulfilled, it will remain as that - so it seems incredibley unlikely we are going to see a big, indepth Cop role playing element to the game.

Seeing better police models and lighting system is entirely possible, though i am still a little skeptical about that. But a Cop RP system ? that'll be down to the modders, unfortunately. Though i hope i am wrong as much as the rest of you.

DiepekeelGTA

Agreed. However, there does seem to be a surge in GTA-like games where you play as a cop. True Crime and LA Noire for example. Seeing as they both sold well there has to be a market for this kind of thing. It would be great if GTA would combine the best of both worlds altough I agree that it is not very realistic to think they will for reasons you earlier mentioned. A man can dream though!

SGT. Johnson
The gun sounds in Max Payne 3 sound great too. So they have the sound library from LA Noire and MP3 to steal from, seeing as they are all developed by Rockstar in some way, they would be crazy not too.

Back on topic. As much as I want a stronger Cop system in the game, i don't think we will see it. GTA has always been about the total opposite, the criminals of the world trying to get rich on the wrong side of the law, adding a proper police element to the game would be totally going in the opposite direction to what the game is about. Which probably sounds great to me, and most people in this thread. But the creators of GTA are inevitbley going to design a game around there grand vision, and when GTA was originally introduced there vision was the ultimate crime game, and for as long as thats not been fulfilled, it will remain as that - so it seems incredibley unlikely we are going to see a big, indepth Cop role playing element to the game.

Seeing better police models and lighting system is entirely possible, though i am still a little skeptical about that. But a Cop RP system ? that'll be down to the modders, unfortunately. Though i hope i am wrong as much as the rest of you.

I think I need to clarify this to you. When I typed my original post, I was not asking for a full-fledged COP RP. I'm simply askign for some basic features to be added so that it supports ALL playing styles. Yes, GTA is a crime based game, however, why did they put the Cops N Crooks mode in if it was full on Crook? Granted, that you were only cops for a while but still, R* has something up their sleeve. If we take the multiplayer characters from Red Dead as an example, did we not see more Law Eforcment oriented character models? Did we not see deputies, sheriffs, US Army officers, and even the Federales? My point is that although GTA is a crime based game, it does not mean that the developers should overlook the 10,000 something people that like to RP and play as Cops. This is evidenced by the numerous police clans that are out there, even with LCES, which has over 800 members; not only that, everyone knows the name of the Liberty City Emergency Services, the number one roleplaying/police clan on Xbox Live. I myself am a leader of a police clan, and we are eagerly awaiting GTA V. Rockstar would be fools to ignore this side as it is somewhat 10,000 or more potential customers that would pay BIG $$$ for more cop features. I'm not saying to make it into a full-fledged COP SIM, but what is the harm in adding the Police Uniform to the Multiplayer Clothing Line up? That alone would make me happy. Not everyone wants to play as a "Crook". Some of us would love to roam around free roam and impersonate a cop (legally I might add). There is no harm in adding new Law Enforcment vehicles or just including ALL of them for MP. I'm still disappointed that we didn't get the Enforcer or the FIB Buffalo in Free Roam. Not only that, adding multiplayer clothing options can't be that hard; if they don't want to do that, they can pull a Red Dead Redemption, and make us choose from a list of NPC Character Models, with some referencing members of Law Enforcment agencies. Lastly, if Rockstar continues to neglect SOME of these features, they will for sure continue to see modders. Granted that modding will happen regardless but most modders mod ALL or MOST of the Police Vehicles in; they also add Cop Peds and Police Uniforms to their Avatars. Look at GTA IV PC? Do not even tell me you don't see an abundance of Police Officers! Bottom line, I'm not asking for a full-fledged COP SIM, no one is. I'm asking for SIMPLE cop features to be implemented that damn well can be. LoneWolfATL is also another person who wants cop features and better lights. That's great because R* CAN do that. Also, some other people want to see more police features, and R* would be considered bias if they turn a blind eye to the RP/POLICE side of their fans!

LoneWolfATL

Though they may not turn the single player into a full on cop RP game, they could still add a better vigilante system that would make it feel that way. Trick the real cops in the game into thinking that your one of them and working right alongside them while doing criminal actions like stealing from other criminals and framing people. Even if it's not that in depth I would at least love to be able to pull people over without them driving off as soon as you get out of the car.

Another note is that there could very well be a detailed cops and robbers MP mode considering there was a crapy one in GTA IV. That at least shows that they thought of it and they said that V will have a really good MP experience so who knows, maybe that will be featured in the game.

SGT. Johnson

Agreed. However, there does seem to be a surge in GTA-like games where you play as a cop. True Crime and LA Noire for example. Seeing as they both sold well there has to be a market for this kind of thing. It would be great if GTA would combine the best of both worlds altough I agree that it is not very realistic to think they will for reasons you earlier mentioned. A man can dream though!

WE do not know that 100%. We can assume that R* will not include these features, but their best element is the element of surprise! GTA V looks like a game that is hoping to surpass ALL others! What better way to do that than to add "the best of both worlds"? How can we be prefectly sure that they won't do it?

Look at Red Dead, look at LA Noire. Two games with Law Enforcment emphasis. This is evidence that R* can and may implement it. If you recall, in past GTAs, III made you a cop if you used the "Random Ped Cheat". Vice City had a police unifrom that was obtainable during two missions: "No Way Out" and "Cop Land". Not only that, by using the "Random Ped Cheat", you could choose to be a cop, SWAT, FBI, Vice, or even the FRENCH SWAT! In GTA San Andreas, you could get a Police Uniform by dating Barbara. In GTA Liberty City Stories, you could be a cop (on PSP only) by activating the "Random Ped Cheat".

If you look at the arguements I've provided, there is no way that R* cannot implement it nor are not able to. They have the technology; we are hoping that they implement more Law Enforcement-orietned features is all. GTA V is supposed to be better than IV. GTA IV was the "foundation" of future GTAs. Same with III; it was the foundation for Vice City and San Andreas. If TLAD and TBOGT were "test subjects" for V, expect the game to satisfy ALL or most of the fans on either side.

EDIT: How I could I forget the most important evidence to date!!!?? LCPDFR mod for the PC ring a bell? There is no way that such a popular modification has slipped past R*. They know it's out there and they get emials asking why they don't implement something like it or why the vehicles they provide don't resemble just that? This is the main reason why this topic was created by LONEWOLFATL; he was concerned with why the lights on the police cars continue to be outdated whereas the ones in LCPDFR are so much better looking. Not only that, the cars in the game are OLDER models of the ones that are present in modded versions.

The first thing modders do is mod the lightbars".

If this is true, there's got to be a reason.

Bottom line, we (the GTA Police Community) want to see more emphasis on Law Enforcement and updated features on Emergency vehicles. I specifically want to see SIMPLE features added to multiplayer, such as Law Enforcment Uniforms, new and better vehicles or just give us all the Law Enforcment vehicles from SP into MP, and even more realistic Police behabior in SP. I do not preferably agree with making SP a COP SIM, however, what could be implememnted is that, if you complete the Vigilante missions, you would get a police uniforma and the ability to respond to crimes or pull people over. The unifrom would also act as a BENEFIT in the fact that, while wearing it, you CANNOT be arrested! Vice City and San Andreas had this to an extent. Also, we should be able to enter police stations like Vice City and San Andreas.

Edited by SGT. Johnson

I think I need to clarify this to you. When I typed my original post, I was not asking for a full-fledged COP RP. I'm simply askign for some basic features to be added so that it supports ALL playing styles. Yes, GTA is a crime based game, however, why did they put the Cops N Crooks mode in if it was full on Crook? Granted, that you were only cops for a while but still, R* has something up their sleeve. If we take the multiplayer characters from Red Dead as an example, did we not see more Law Eforcment oriented character models? Did we not see deputies, sheriffs, US Army officers, and even the Federales? My point is that although GTA is a crime based game, it does not mean that the developers should overlook the 10,000 something people that like to RP and play as Cops. This is evidenced by the numerous police clans that are out there, even with LCES, which has over 800 members; not only that, everyone knows the name of the Liberty City Emergency Services, the number one roleplaying/police clan on Xbox Live. I myself am a leader of a police clan, and we are eagerly awaiting GTA V. Rockstar would be fools to ignore this side as it is somewhat 10,000 or more potential customers that would pay BIG $$$ for more cop features. I'm not saying to make it into a full-fledged COP SIM, but what is the harm in adding the Police Uniform to the Multiplayer Clothing Line up? That alone would make me happy. Not everyone wants to play as a "Crook". Some of us would love to roam around free roam and impersonate a cop (legally I might add). There is no harm in adding new Law Enforcment vehicles or just including ALL of them for MP. I'm still disappointed that we didn't get the Enforcer or the FIB Buffalo in Free Roam. Not only that, adding multiplayer clothing options can't be that hard; if they don't want to do that, they can pull a Red Dead Redemption, and make us choose from a list of NPC Character Models, with some referencing members of Law Enforcment agencies. Lastly, if Rockstar continues to neglect SOME of these features, they will for sure continue to see modders. Granted that modding will happen regardless but most modders mod ALL or MOST of the Police Vehicles in; they also add Cop Peds and Police Uniforms to their Avatars. Look at GTA IV PC? Do not even tell me you don't see an abundance of Police Officers! Bottom line, I'm not asking for a full-fledged COP SIM, no one is. I'm asking for SIMPLE cop features to be implemented that damn well can be. LoneWolfATL is also another person who wants cop features and better lights. That's great because R* CAN do that. Also, some other people want to see more police features, and R* would be considered bias if they turn a blind eye to the RP/POLICE side of their fans!

I do hope you are right, i play the LCPDFR Mod on PC alot, and a huge fan of it. But i just don't think Rockstar will make any kind of improvement in that area. I guess i am a pessimist sad.gif

If i launched GTA5 to find i could do good Cop missions, get a Cop outfit, and arrest people. Wow! that would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
DiepekeelGTA

So after playing Saints Row the Third I noticed the lighting system on their emergency vehicles are pretty authentic. Its nothing fancy but it gets the job done. The models of the police cars themselves however... It's an absolute abomination, never before in any other game have I ever seen such an ugly police vehicle. Just look at it:

user posted image

Pertaining to the lights, GTA could learn something from Saints Row, but regarding the models, GTA is definitely better off.

SGT. Johnson

Nice to see people put more life back into this thread.

Honestly, I think the Saints Row the Third police vehicles are appalling. WTF is it supposed to be? It looks like a Charger on crack!

The lights however, didn't really look at them that well, look better compared to GTA games. What I really think R* should do is take a page from NFS instead of SR3; NFS has the best lightbars (IMHO). If you've played NFS The Run, you would see what I mean. Same goes for NFSHP (2010).

I would like R* to reassign a special key for turning on/off the sirens, this way I'm still able to use my regular horns!

Just hold in the stick for regular horn.

Just clicking turns the siren on.

I swear some of you have never played a GTA game before.

locolow2011

To be honest, i just want to have the ability to handle the searchlight on all police vehicles (helicopter,car,boat)

Maybe the ability to turn on the siren lights without actually activating the horn, but that sounds alot more complicated.

I would like R* to reassign a special key for turning on/off the sirens, this way I'm still able to use my regular horns!

Just hold in the stick for regular horn.

Just clicking turns the siren on.

I swear some of you have never played a GTA game before.

he/she probably means that they want to have the lights flashing but the sirens not on. I would like it to be able to toggle 1. siren tones 2. lights on/off 3. type of flashing: rear lights, front grille and dashboard, all lights and full lightbar. Also, have you played GTA before because normally, L3 1 press toggles lights and sirens, holding it down sounds the electronic horn, holding it down when L+S are on sounds the rumbler or wail

I only play it on the PC as I don't own any consoles.

On the PC the siren is the same as the horn.

When I tap the key once, siren comes on, but horn won't work as if I hold down on it, all it does is just

make different siren noises.

The horn works only when the siren is off.

In real life when you see a firetruck zooming by they have their sirens on with their regular horn blaring so cars to get the hell out of their way.

GTA IV on PC can't do that and it SUX! confused.gif

I would like it to be like this sample video. Sirens and regular horn

"Three vehicles are approved for use within the Los Angeles Police Department; they are the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, the Dodge Charger, and the Chevrolet Tahoe. The department is also testing the Chevrolet Impala and the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV in their fleet."

"The Los Angeles Police Air Support Division resources include 17 helicopters ranging from 4 Bell 206 Jet Rangers to 12 Eurocopter AS350-B2 AStars. The LAPD also has 1 Beechcraft Kingair A200 and 1 unspecified and undenied drone."

-Wikipedia

We should just use these haha Those Lambo police cars would be pretty BA though

SGT. Johnson

"Three vehicles are approved for use within the Los Angeles Police Department; they are the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, the Dodge Charger, and the Chevrolet Tahoe. The department is also testing the Chevrolet Impala and the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV in their fleet."

"The Los Angeles Police Air Support Division resources include 17 helicopters ranging from 4 Bell 206 Jet Rangers to 12 Eurocopter AS350-B2 AStars. The LAPD also has 1 Beechcraft Kingair A200 and 1 unspecified and undenied drone."

-Wikipedia

We should just use these haha Those Lambo police cars would be pretty BA though

I see someone else besides me has read that from Wikipedia.

So, we can most likely expect:

Ford Crown Victoria (Police Cruiser)

Dodge Charger (Police Cruiser; aka Police Buffalo)

Chevrolet Tahoe (Ranger?)

Chevrolet Impala (Police Patrol)

Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Unknown; Police Interceptor)

The helicopters will most likely be:

The Maverick (Police Edition)

Annihilator

DiepekeelGTA

Nice to see people put more life back into this thread.

Honestly, I think the Saints Row the Third police vehicles are appalling. WTF is it supposed to be? It looks like a Charger on crack!

The lights however, didn't really look at them that well, look better compared to GTA games. What I really think R* should do is take a page from NFS instead of SR3; NFS has the best lightbars (IMHO). If you've played NFS The Run, you would see what I mean. Same goes for NFSHP (2010).

You're right, NFS's emergency vehicles are incredible-looking! Imagine being chased by these sexy little things! Just look at those lights.

user posted image

Compare that to the police car in GTA IV, and its like you're looking at a GTA-3 era car.

user posted image

Edited by DiepekeelGTA

I know it's a little off-topic but are the LAPD cars only just getting ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition)? I would've thought a force as large as the LAPD would have had these years ago.

But.. sexy Caprice. I don't mean Caprice Bourret this time!

The Quench

I don't know if this was mentioned...but since police vehicles dont have radio stations...those buttons could cycle through different sirens while the up & down buttons (on the d-pad) could cycle through different light patterns? Just a thought.

I don't know if this was mentioned...but since police vehicles dont have radio stations...those buttons could cycle through different sirens while the up & down buttons (on the d-pad) could cycle through different light patterns? Just a thought.

This. yes of course. And i actually thought there was know room on controllers expect PC. I dont like when i am approaching traffic, press down on L3 and the wrong siren tone comes on instead of the one you had in mind. I like driving through intersections with the fire truck's horn, passing stationary traffic with the yelp and driving fast on a straight road i use the wail