Scariest moment in the game?

KugarWeb

What's your scariest moment in the game? Could be snooping around places late at night in free mode or pretty much anything!

My scariest moment definately has to be when I'd just killed dimitri on the ship and I was making my way back up to the deck, expecting some guy I'd missed to pick me off as soon as I got there. I went up the stairs, turned the corner and suddenly was confronted with one of the gunmen I thought I'd already taken out, clutching his stomach and walking along bent over. Well, after all the adrenaline rush of snooping around the ship picking people off, I shat myself. Suffice to say, he got a load more lead pumped into him for scaring the crap out of me lol.gif

So, scariest moment for you? smile.gif

Edited by KugarWeb

Well, not exactly a scary moment for me - but I'll be honest, heights scare the crap out of me and yet I'm a decent to fair pilot in SL and love taking a bird up high! I'll admit to severe vertigo when scaling a crane anywhere in the city, you know its not real, its all a simulation but three million years of built-in survival instinct is screaming at my conscious logical mind GET OUT! GET OUT OF THERE! when all I want to do is pop the bad guys from a nice altitude. The same thing happens to me on the edge of very tall buildings ... its definitely squeaky bum time.

In GTA-IV it was any mission that made me leap from roof to roof or gain roof access ... weird, eh, but its a response I have little control over. In The Lost and the Damned there really were not any moments that worried me, well, not unless you count that instance of coming up an almost unlimited number of The Damned bikers during one of the Gang Wars missions ... that really got me worried - by comparision the last mission in the prison in that game did not cause me any concerns at all, but top of my list were the some of the missions in The Ballard of Gay Tony - three coming to mind ... the first was escaping from The Lost at the docks ... squeeky bum time ... (the cops and the N.O.O.S.E. were a breeze by comparision) the second was that jump out of a helicopter to save a guy who frankly I wish was a nice smear on the sidewalk moment - on the PC that level is nigh impossible and it got so bad before a fluke allowed me to finish it that I hated loading the game just because of that.

And my all time squeeky-bum moment came in the form of the mission in which Luis climbs a tower - now, that for me was OMG OMG OMG OMG (carry on for five minutes - believe me, under those circumstances, black coffee does not help) and then to add insult to injury you had to take on N.O.O.S.E. as well ... well, that part I enjoyed; the being up so high "I can see my house from here - all four of them!" was not. By comparision, the assault on the club at the end was a breeze, abeit a blood-soaked one. I keep meaning to replay both The Lost and the Damned and The Ballard of Gay Tony, but they scare the crap out of me.

My scariest moment definately has to be when I'd just killed dimitri on the ship and I was making my way back up to the deck, expecting some guy I'd missed to pick me off as soon as I got there. I went up the stairs, turned the corner and suddenly was confronted with one of the gunmen I thought I'd already taken out, clutching his stomach and walking along bent over. Well, after all the adrenaline rush of snooping around the ship picking people off, I shat myself. Suffice to say, he got a load more lead pumped into him for scaring the crap out of me lol.gif

Oh wow, same here, I shat myself when that guy fell down the stairs that I blasted my shotgun at his head and carried on shooting him until I'd gotten through a whole clip.

But the scariest moment for me had to be when I was trying to bust the myth of "Ratman" with my friend.

So what happened is I walked down into the subway maintanance area and looked around with a shotgun in had, didn't see anyone until I went to look on the tracks, and suddenly a subway construction worker appeared on the ledge right by me, I fired at him and I freaked out thinking at first it was Ratman. Then I ran onto the tracks to look around and when I came back to the maintanance area another subway worker ran down the stairs straight at me, so I shot him too. Needless to say my hands were shaking after those encounters so I left the subway.

Well, not exactly a scary moment for me - but I'll be honest, heights scare the crap out of me and yet I'm a decent to fair pilot in SL and love taking a bird up high! I'll admit to severe vertigo when scaling a crane anywhere in the city, you know its not real, its all a simulation but three million years of built-in survival instinct is screaming at my conscious logical mind GET OUT! GET OUT OF THERE! when all I want to do is pop the bad guys from a nice altitude. The same thing happens to me on the edge of very tall buildings ... its definitely squeaky bum time.

In GTA-IV it was any mission that made me leap from roof to roof or gain roof access ... weird, eh, but its a response I have little control over. In The Lost and the Damned there really were not any moments that worried me, well, not unless you count that instance of coming up an almost unlimited number of The Damned bikers during one of the Gang Wars missions ... that really got me worried - by comparision the last mission in the prison in that game did not cause me any concerns at all, but top of my list were the some of the missions in The Ballard of Gay Tony - three coming to mind ... the first was escaping from The Lost at the docks ... squeeky bum time ... (the cops and the N.O.O.S.E. were a breeze by comparision) the second was that jump out of a helicopter to save a guy who frankly I wish was a nice smear on the sidewalk moment - on the PC that level is nigh impossible and it got so bad before a fluke allowed me to finish it that I hated loading the game just because of that.

And my all time squeeky-bum moment came in the form of the mission in which Luis climbs a tower - now, that for me was OMG OMG OMG OMG (carry on for five minutes - believe me, under those circumstances, black coffee does not help) and then to add insult to injury you had to take on N.O.O.S.E. as well ... well, that part I enjoyed; the being up so high "I can see my house from here - all four of them!" was not. By comparision, the assault on the club at the end was a breeze, abeit a blood-soaked one. I keep meaning to replay both The Lost and the Damned and The Ballard of Gay Tony, but they scare the crap out of me.

Wow yeah, I definately know what you mean....when you look down and all you see is street or you're clutching onto the edge of the building, about to fall off, I usually have a gut-wrenching moment and a huge amount of the sympathy for the poor guy I'm controlling!

Oh wow, same here, I shat myself when that guy fell down the stairs that I blasted my shotgun at his head and carried on shooting him until I'd gotten through a whole clip.

But the scariest moment for me had to be when I was trying to bust the myth of "Ratman" with my friend.

So what happened is I walked down into the subway maintanance area and looked around with a shotgun in had, didn't see anyone until I went to look on the tracks, and suddenly a subway construction worker appeared on the ledge right by me, I fired at him and I freaked out thinking at first it was Ratman. Then I ran onto the tracks to look around and when I came back to the maintanance area another subway worker ran down the stairs straight at me, so I shot him too. Needless to say my hands were shaking after those encounters so I left the subway.

Haha! Yeah I hate those moments when it's all quiet and you're searching around for people and suddenly there's a clicking sound, a shotgun fire or just someone shouting "HEY!".....ARGHHH WTF!!! biggrin.gif

One of my most enjoyable and kinda spooky moments which happens from time to time is when you have ominous music playing like Philip Glass' Pruit Igoe on The Journey station while driving in the pouring rain, pitch dark and stormy skies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pX3F-3j6qA&feature=related. Amazing track but definately scares me, especially when playing at night.

What's your scariest moment in the game? Could be snooping around places late at night in free mode or pretty much anything!

So, scariest moment for you? smile.gif

The scariest moment for me was when I entered a taxi then all the sudden the driver ran out and cops shot at me.

Hello. I am one of the last grove street warriors alive and on the streets. I've seen all my homies get locked up for life and I saw my closest homies get layed out. Grove for life

The first time Roman kicked me out of the car before I realised his side was blocked so he couldn't get out :L

when I met eddie low...you know, the serial killer

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

its not silent hill or resident evil you know... Its not scary.

sometimes it is scary you know...

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

EvilEmperorZoRG

I played with full sound yesterday in the subway. I must say, it's a damn scary place even if you know that nothing is gonna happen.

Awesome place for a GTA V Zombie DLC wink.gif

In the subway in Three Leaf Clover probably

No, not in a mission.

?

Three Leaf Clover was a mission, you do go down to the subway. What are you talking about?

In the subway in Three Leaf Clover probably

No, not in a mission.

?

Three Leaf Clover was a mission, you do go down to the subway. What are you talking about?

I think he's saying that if you go down into the subway with your sound turned way up outside of the storyline missions it can be quite creepy down there. Screeching sounds, sparking lights, water dripping from the ceiling, all of these different sounds. Whilst in "Three Leaf Clover" those sounds can sort of be masked by all of the yelling and gunfire going on.

Eddie Low and Jeff scarred the crap out of me!! I don't like neither one of them. I love the subway at night. It is scarry, but I like to hear all the sounds. When the el trains comes around a corner and I'm not expceting it, it scares me!! LOL.