Recurring theme in Trailer 1

Proontilt

I watched the trailer again and again and noticed a pattern of wealth and poverty with almost each few seconds alternating between the theme. Definitely a sign of the economic recession, rich getting richer-poor getting poorer type of deal.

START:

Beach Scene- Wealth and Prosperity

Golf Scene- Wealth and Prosperity

Mountain Climbing- Leisure

Audi R8- Wealth

Big House- Wealth and Prosperity

Guy in sweater walking dirty streets- Poverty and Hardship

New buildings- Wealth

Immigrants picking grapes- Poverty

Jewelry Store Robbery- Wealth

The Docks and homeless underpass- poverty

Sports car speeding by homeless- Wealth

Nailing for sale sign by house -Poverty and Hardship

Sports car racing down street- Wealth

Homeless guy with sign- Poverty

Tent city- Poverty

Sports car running from cops- Wealth

Black guy running on foot from police- Poverty

Vinewood sign with a jet flying over- Wealth

It's VERY evident in my view that this entire storyline is going to revolve around the recession.

I'm really thinking/hoping our protagonist is some middle-aged guy who is running from demons and wanted to retire to San Andreas to live a life of leisure, raise his kids, and generally enjoy life. I'm thinking this guy isn't the street thug/criminal that all other GTA's focused on but rather a business exec who either embezzled, had a ponzi scheme, or was an inside trader. I think GTA has done the street criminal rags to riches thing long enough...this could be a complete departure from that storyline.

The BIG money isn't in petty crime or drug dealing but rather in embezzlement, fraud, insider trading, ponzi schemes, etc etc. If the protagonist is the guy who everyone thinks it is, he doesn't look like any type of common criminal but much more like a white-collar person who got greedy.

So does he lose his fortune in the economic downturn and forced to rise back to the top? Are people from his past out for revenge and to destroy what he has?

I think it'd put an interesting twist on things. I hope we can buy/sell real estate and be able to purchase vehicles instead of simply stealing them. If GTA has evolved like this, it should allow the player to be more "normal" instead of stealing a car everytime one is needed or not being able to purchase real estate.

Yeah but the thing is, the game is still going to be about a guy stealing cars, shooting people and stuff like that.

Yeah but the thing is, the game is still going to be about a guy stealing cars, shooting people and stuff like that.

What's your point?

Yl8KS.jpg

Yes and it will certanly echo the protagonist(s)' story, as from the trailer at least it looks like we'll start rich, get poor, and then spend the game getting rich again.

Yes and it will certanly echo the protagonist(s)' story, as from the trailer at least it looks like we'll start rich, get poor, and then spend the game getting rich again.

I think it'd be a welcome change from the whole rags to riches type storyline we're used to. With the protag already being wealthy, he'll have connections needed to rebuild an empire that will likely be destroyed by either the recession or by enemies.