What was missing

bobgtafan

A. A real reason why the V needed to be added. Yes it had pretty graphics and redid the sh*t we had from San Andreas but we still haven't learned how any of that equals up to a change in GTA "eras"

B. The protagonist. That black guy had a pretty important role in the video, at least when it comes to getting chased by the police and driving a car

C. Release date, seriously wtf not even a target year.

D. Names. At all, we don't know anything about anyone their except the White guy moved to SA to get away from his past and raise his kids, and the black guy get's chased by police.

E. Kids. The white guy talked about his kids and yet no babies, kids, or even teens appeared at all in the trailer.

F. Slums. I just didn't see any, I mean in the scene with the black guy we saw some run down buildings and their were a few signs of poverty among wealth but where the hell is South Central? Where are the vast tracks of Mexican ghettos? Seriously this is Los Santos and gangs were given almost no time. So what is this just some idealstic version of Los Santos with exaggerations of the income inequalities?

B. The protagonist. That black guy had a pretty important role in the video, at least when it comes to getting chased by the police and driving a car

Yeah, it might be like LA Noire where you have more than one protagonist. I think that'd be good, stop it from getting repetitive (rarely does though).

Yeah, it might be like LA Noire where you have more than one protagonist. I think that'd be good, stop it from getting repetitive (rarely does though).

What I wonder now is, when will game informer do their report?

I'm sure plenty of black guys get chased by cops in Los Santos, I don't think there was any significance to that scene other than showing off the police maverick and a few officers.

I think the next trailer will be essentially the darker side of things. The ghetto shootouts, and a darker input from whoever the narrator is.

Am I the only one, who believes that the protag actually does'nt have kids or a family, but is leaving crime at the start so he can start one? If you listen to the voiceover it seems to point more towards this.

Am I the only one, who believes that the protag actually does'nt have kids or a family, but is leaving crime at the start so he can start one? If you listen to the voiceover it seems to point more towards this.

That would explain things, but it would eeem to make more sense for him to have kids...

NotoriousKiller
A. A real reason why the V needed to be added. Yes it had pretty graphics and redid the sh*t we had from San Andreas but we still haven't learned how any of that equals up to a change in GTA "eras"

C. Release date, seriously wtf not even a target year.

D. Names. At all, we don't know anything about anyone their except the White guy moved to SA to get away from his past and raise his kids, and the black guy get's chased by police.

E. Kids. The white guy talked about his kids and yet no babies, kids, or even teens appeared at all in the trailer.

F. Slums. I just didn't see any, I mean in the scene with the black guy we saw some run down buildings and their were a few signs of poverty among wealth but where the hell is South Central? Where are the vast tracks of Mexican ghettos? Seriously this is Los Santos and gangs were given almost no time. So what is this just some idealstic version of Los Santos with exaggerations of the income inequalities?

A. Because GTA IV era was tied up with the DLCs and was over with. R* considered the DLCs as separate games.

B. He's not even black, he's Hispanic. Get it right.

C. GTA IV didn't have one either. Why would they release one now? They want you to keep watching for one.

D. It's a trailer not a story review.

E. One, he's not white and two, they are probably involved later in trailers where they are shown involved with crime.

F. Those will come in later trailers. This is a debut and is meant to be peaceful, a way of showing you where we at now (SA). Trust me, you'll she the ghetto in the next videos...

Satirical material. eg funny company names, purple dildo weapons and anything else of that sort.

A. Because GTA IV era was tied up with the DLCs and was over with. R* considered the DLCs as separate games.

That's true, makes perfect sense. I forgot about it, and the other day I too was wondering why this was being called GTA V.

Thanks,

What I wonder now is, when will game informer do their report?

I bet it's the next issue.

I honestly do.

Satirical material. eg funny company names, purple dildo weapons and anything else of that sort.

There was plenty of satirical stuff in there man!

Up-N-Atom burgers are a parody of In-N-Out burger, which is a very popular California burger chain that has been spreading to other states.

The POSTAL service that says they aim not to lose it is a reference to some machine gun mailman attacks that happened beginning in the 80's according to a guy in another thread.

The 24-7 is still there, there is the building called the "Mile High Club," it's all over, you just have to look closely.

@OP the "V" stands for 5 not vanturas, vatos ,vegas......its a simple number that explains that it's the sequel to the IV in the GTA series there is no side stories to it lol even after the trailer camed out you still wandering about it its the least of the concerns IMO

Trevor

How many white men does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, white men will screw anything !!!

Seriously, what do you guys thinks the eras even mean any more? Are you saying IV and V are based in seperate universes? That is pointless and doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, what do you guys thinks the eras even mean any more? Are you saying IV and V are based in seperate universes? That is pointless and doesn't make any sense.

I'm at the point where the era don't mean siht, I didn't see anything that signifies a Fifth era or a real revolution in GTA.

There was plenty of satirical stuff in there man!

Up-N-Atom burgers are a parody of In-N-Out burger, which is a very popular California burger chain that has been spreading to other states.

The POSTAL service that says they aim not to lose it is a reference to some machine gun mailman attacks that happened beginning in the 80's according to a guy in another thread.

The 24-7 is still there, there is the building called the "Mile High Club," it's all over, you just have to look closely.

Im not from the states, so i didnt realise the up-n-atom was a parody of in-n-out

I just noticed the jetski has speedophile2000 written on the side. i guess its a play on words. lol

user posted image

The guy getting chased by the guy looked black. Or else you mean the guy driving the convertible?

I honestly didn't think anything was missing. sh*t was beautiful, IMO, although as usual, it left us hanging and hungering for more.

The jetski was called the Speedophile 2000...

StoneyWhistle

Guys, it's only the first trailer, chill out. It was more a teaser, I do believe. Just stay tuned for more, and don't be one to judge to quickly.

Things I wish were explained better:

1. Confirmation of the Protagonist (Though its highly likely its the white dude overlooking the city)

2. How many Cities? (If its only Los Santos, disappointment will ensue)

Though the planes help signify multiple cities is a high possibility.

Yes, its only the 1st Trailer BUT DAMN does it leave me speculating!

Over_the_hill

The narrator isn't necessarily the protagonist. The first Red Dead Redemption trailer had a narrator that turned out not to be the protagonist, I think the narrator was merely setting the scene. If you watch the first Red Dead trailer, it's very similar.

NotoriousKiller

The guy getting chased by the guy looked black. Or else you mean the guy driving the convertible?

I think they're both hispanic. The one getting chased is kind of hard to tell right now though, depends on how you look at him he can either be black or hispanic.

The narrator isn't necessarily the protagonist. The first Red Dead Redemption trailer had a narrator that turned out not to be the protagonist, I think the narrator was merely setting the scene. If you watch the first Red Dead trailer, it's very similar.

Dude. The protagonist was shown straight up to be the main guy.

In this trailer there were at least three characters that had an opportunity to possibly be the protagonist.

The guy looks pretty old I really don't think his kids would be babies I don't even think they're teens. His kids probably are in their early or mid 20s at youngest late teens 18 or 19.

Besides R* will never put children in a GTA game other than cut scenes.