Car modification proof?

Vormek

First, check out my other thread where I might have found improved AI proof: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1060820559

But now I've found something else. Something many people would LOVE to see. That's right, car modification. I don't know if I'm the first one to notice but I haven't seen someone posting this or making a thread about it. When the police car chases the red car near the end we get to see the red car in a close up shot. If we look at the tyres we can see the word "atomic". And if I'm not mistaken, I believe there was an option in GTA: SA where you could purchase tyres called "atomic". Am I right? Here's a screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/namnlsfn.jpg/

Edited by Vormek

Yeah, Atomic was a tyre available, you very well may be onto something sir! I sure hope so

Thanks. I'm almost certain car modification will return! This time there will probably be a huge selection of various stuff I'm sure.

Could be fun. R* started using Nitro again in TBOGT, so maybe they planted with the car-modification here.

im hoping to see car modification AND weapon modification. as for the car mods, i hope they do it right this time. SA's cars mods were weak. One of the few things i liked better in Saints row was their car mods.

Edited by kilo73

I am hoping for Car Mod's, Used to annoy the hell out of me that you had to use the PC version to edit cars in the garage!

Good found OP i dind't see that i hope you are right

Trevor

How many white men does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, white men will screw anything !!!

StellarFish20
Yeah, Atomic was a tyre available, you very well may be onto something sir!  I sure hope so

Thanks. I'm almost certain car modification will return! This time there will probably be a huge selection of various stuff I'm sure.

I hope, the selection in SA wasn't amazing but it still gave us more freedom in the game!

Yeah, Atomic was a tyre available, you very well may be onto something sir!  I sure hope so

I hope, the selection in SA wasn't amazing but it still gave us more freedom in the game!

Yeah, GTA: SA had a decent modification system however, I hated that some cars only had 3 - 4 different modification options while other cars had like 10 options to choose from (Nitro, spoiler, side skirts etc etc).

A member here recently told me that all the tyres in GTAIV was of the brand Atomic. Is this correct? I have not played GTAIV so I do not know.

If he is correct then this is not proof that car modification will return so this thread can be locked. However, my other thread where I might have found possible proof of improved AI might be worth analyzing and discussing. Check it out!

Mods/Admins: Lock this thread.

StickyWickett

Yes it is correct, I've exported most textures and models from GTA IV for use in 3DS Max and I can confirm that the tyre textures say ATOMIC on them.

If that's how deep they dive into customization, thats kewl, and if that's the case i'm getting snow tires for my Greenwood and heading up mount chilliad again just like the good ole days wink.gif

Could be fun. R* started using Nitro again in TBOGT, so maybe they planted with the car-modification here.

Southern California is heavily into car customization, it's part of the culture.

There will definately be car customization, and probably a lot of it. Also I bet there is a system for keeping the same car if it gets destroyed somehow because the hispanic guy is driving that same red car in about 3 different scenes.

As much as I want cant car customization back and I would love to see it in five... the atomic logo on the tire is the same as is it in GTA IV its the brand of tire...