So GTA 5 will have animals?

The Made Man

We seen a dog in the trailer and R proved with RDR that animals worked in a open world game. Remember in GTA SA when wondering in the forest or country side, you wonder "man, there should be animals..." Well people are saying that GTA 5 will be the whole San Andreas(California), so there should be California animals such as....Mountain Lions or Black Bears. We also see hiking in the trailer.

So what are your thoughts on this topic. RDR already proven that animals work in GTA type open world games.

Edited by The Made Man

So far it seems there are. I just hope they wont cut them, something R* seems to to do a lot.

Yeah... Just think about it, hiking in the woods and then being attacked by a bear or something. smile.gif

So far it seems there are. I just hope they wont cut them, something R* seems to to do a lot.

you just forced a reality check into my dreams sad.gif

they better f*cking not cut animals, why would you do such a thing?

Animals will work in the sticks, but I'd like to see some in the city too - mainly at night.

I remember watching Collateral - that scene where they drive past the fox with Shadow of the Sun by Audioslave playing; loved it.

Found a link for the scene:

Edited by TMR2007

guard dogs, police dogs, pointless tiny lap dogs being walked by stereotypical Hollywood sluts....

mounted police on horses...

animals fit this game perfectly

Alastair Smyth

If the dog was not only a cutscene and we will be presented pets/wildlife in V, I hope they do not recycle the RDR animals. I don't know whether you'd find a cougar or bear in the rural Cali areas, but it would be nice to see newly created ones.

guard dogs, police dogs, pointless tiny lap dogs being walked by stereotypical Hollywood sluts....

mounted police on horses...

animals fit this game perfectly

You beat me to the punch dude!

If R doesn't do this then I'll be a bit disappointed. Police dogs would definitely work.

i dont know hardly anything about the wildlife of california buuutttt.....

lynx's?

bears?

cougars?

deers?

honestly, why the hell not add animals in the game, it can literally only make the game better

Alastair Smyth
I'm sure Big Foot is in the game too. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif He will be walking through the mountains you see in the trailer.

They put multiple Bigfoots and a corresponding achievement in RDR Undead Nightmare.

They will most likely take the piss, reference the rumors (like one of the IV helicopter tour pilots said people believe there's sharks in the waters) or maybe put straight forward easter eggs in. But personally I find it very highly unlikeable to ever see Bigfoot in a GTA. And that is good!

Everything that would work in present day setting will probably be brought back from RDR. I even think we can ride horses in GTA V and please make the Big Foot hunt worth our efforts this time around. A big foot like creature is shown on the side of the police car in the trailer.

You can bet that some nutty animal rights groups like PETA will have a massive hissy fit over it. I hope they dont cut animals too, having them will add a nice realistic touch to the game.

Please oh please Rockstar let there be police dogs.

I want this to happen... devil.gif

user posted image

You can bet that some nutty animal rights groups like PETA will have a massive hissy fit over it. I hope they dont cut animals too, having them will add a nice realistic touch to the game.

animal rights groups can get a f*cking grip and realize that this is a game.... instead of ruining our fun

you can burn and stab animals to death on RDR but no1 cared about that

I'm pretty sure that dogs and some other animals will be in the game. The question how interactive will they be, will we be able to kill them ala Red Dead Redemption?

If R* puts a whole bunch of animals that we can kill like in RDR, then that will generate a lot of controversy and hate from animal defense groups. Now you may say ''but RDR had all that and caused no controversy'', the difference is the context, RDR took place a century ago, back then hunting and killing animals for surviving, eating, selling was a common activity.

But GTA V takes place in a present day setting, where there's no need to kill animals like that, it is considered cruel to do so.

I actually want the same level of animal interactivity in GTA V as in RDR, but I'm afraid there will be a lot of controversy.

I want this to happen... devil.gif

user posted image

compared to my dog, this dog looks like a cuddly toy

I'm sure Big Foot is in the game too. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif He will be walking through the mountains you see in the trailer.

Yes, and Spider-man and also Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

I'm pretty sure that dogs and some other animals will be in the game. The question how interactive will they be, will we be able to kill them ala Red Dead Redemption?

If R* puts a whole bunch of animals that we can kill like in RDR, then that will generate a lot of controversy and hate from animal defense groups. Now you may say ''but RDR had all that and caused no controversy'', the difference is the context, RDR took place a century ago, back then hunting and killing animals for surviving, eating, selling was a common activity.

But GTA V takes place in a present day setting, where there's no need to kill animals like that, it is considered cruel to do so.

I actually want the same level of animal interactivity in GTA V as in RDR, but I'm afraid there will be a lot of controversy.

Rockstar likes controversy... biggrin.gif

They faced worse.

mamaneverlovedme

Could the dogs be the hidden packages, kinda like the pigeons?

I'd doubt they would be police based as in the trailer, the dog is walking with peds on a beach.

Alastair Smyth

Personally I wouldn't like police dogs. Coppers abuse humans enough, I don't like seeing animals being used as weapons. In the end, it's a video game and there might be some boo hoo about it, but people will get over it. Channel the hatred on those rape simulation games.

Can't wait to see animals in GTA, I think they'll be very similar if not identical to the animals we saw in Red Dead Redemption, which looked great.

I want this to happen...  devil.gif

user posted image

Oh yeah....

user posted image

Well, in RDR you can make your horses explode if you place them in front of a moving train. That wasn't a common activity a century ago so they can easily put animals in GTA V too. The dog in the trailer is a good start.

user posted image

Oh yeah....

user posted image

still looks like a cuddly toy smile.gif although i still wouldnt wanna be bitten by that cuddly toy....

i have a Cane Corso smile.gif

user posted image

Oh yeah....

user posted image

still looks like a cuddly toy smile.gif although i still wouldnt wanna be bitten by that cuddly toy....

i have a Cane Corso smile.gif

Cool!

Well, in RDR you can make your horses explode if you place them in front of a moving train. That wasn't a common activity a century ago so they can easily put animals in GTA V too. The dog in the trailer is a good start.

True, but in the context of RDR all the animals still made more sense.

But hey, I want the same animal features in GTA V, lets hope R* does put it in, and that PETA doesn't get all bitchy about it.

Remember in GTA SA when wondering in the forest or country side, you wonder "man, there should be animals..."

Aww man I felt that way EXACTLY. At first the forests seemed so cool, then I realized there was NOTHING out there. It was still fun to ride a dirt bike through it and enjoy the scenery and the terrain, but I would have liked it SO MUCH BETTER if there had been some animals. And it can be like real life. In RDR there are SO MANY animals but that is because it was still long ago in the wilderness. These days, for many reasons, there are much less animals, and it should show that.

But it shouldn't just be a black bear and a mountain lion, it should be birds of several different types flying around and chirping, it should be turtles walking around slow as snails, it should be snakes slithering around, sometimes eating little mice and things, it should feel ALIVE.

Yes, and Spider-man and also Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

I doubt it, but who knows?? ph34r.gif

Animals will work in the sticks, but I'd like to see some in the city too - mainly at night.

That's a great point. You see how sh*tty the whole place looks in the hobo areas? There should be rats all over. And rats brings hungry stray cats. Cats bring hungry stray dogs.

There should be raccoons tipping over trash cans and stuff like that.

well, it would be awesome, but it's just speculation/wishlist stuff.

After all, all we have seen is what, ONE dog and ONE bird? I got carried away lol

Still, by the time GTAVI or GTAVII comes out, who knows? Maybe there will be all of this stuff someday. I just doubt it will be in GTAV