24th May - Reasons For Special Date

RenegadeMate

Rockstar North was founded in Scotland and its headquarters are in Scotland, 90% of football fans from Scotland support Celtic or Rangers,

24th of May 1972 - this was the date Rangers won the European Cup winners Cup final (their greatest ever achievement)

This would explain the full date on TBOGT plane and why this number appears throughout the game, this could also be the reason why they want to release the game on this date.

PS not been on this forum in years (back when gta 4 was at its peak) under the name Hove King or something along those lines, good to be back colgate.gif

Yet another reason!

Good detective work my friend. I believe I have read of some other similar things Rockstar has put into previous games, and also if you recall, in San Andreas it had those bridges modelled after Scottish bridges. So there is a precident of them doing that sort of thing in the past.

I think WAY too many clues are pointing to 2405 (and 05/24/2012) as the date for it to be just BS.

I mean it says 2405 as the number of the property when the guy is putting up a for sale sign! How much more clear do they need to be about it?

good to have you back renegade biggrin.gif

is it is 24th may it would rock like hell smile.gif , but until i dont see a date from rockstar i dont believe anything :$

So far we have 2405 in the following:

Painted on the curb in front of the for sale sign.

Painted on the side of the postal truck.

It's a significant date for Scottish soccer fans.

It's the date of the song release.

It was in this forum's cryptic poll.

What else?

Son.

I admit, I googled the 24th of May as well. But I'm not ignorant, and I'm not trying to connect every little piece of info together as if it had a meaning.

I've got a funny feeling about the 24th of May, but it's nothing real-life-related, most likely. Or at least anything concrete and known like this.

Time will tell.

8wjrzl.png

One thing. Nobody has mentioned that Take two predicted a huge increase in sales sometime in Q2 2012 which begins in April. why wait until October? That would kill their predictions...

ALL GTA's have been released in October except the IV, wich WAS scheduled to drop in October.

If you mean the Postal truck that passes in front of the 2405 house, you can just see the curb under the truck, it's not on the vehicle itself.

As to whether there's anything in the date idea... who knows? A May release would be better than October, but I'll wait for R* to say something before getting my hopes up.

hW0sZKX.png

It's a significant date for Scottish soccer fans.

It's the date of the song release.

It was in this forum's cryptic poll.

What else?

Dan housers birthday apparently.

@ something_else, there is a post van with it on.

204 days left until the end of the year from 24th of May

24th of May is 204 days from today.

2405 in the trailer

Song used in the trailer released on the 24th of May

24051972 in TBOGT on the plane.

scotland4life

This has so little meaning it's not even funny.

1. 90% of Scottish football fans do not support the Old Firm (Rangers and Celtic). This seems to be a statistic you've come up with yourself.

2. Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, whereas Rangers and Celtic are from Glasgow. There's a bigger chance that employees there support Hearts or Hibs, and The Benz, who is a lead producer, is from Aberdeen (my hometown and team). Using that logic, May 11th could be a significant date too, because Aberdeen won the European Cup Winners' Cup on that date in 1983.

This is all just insane guesswork. You're all sounding a bit desperate, to be quite honest.

I think we've got a bit confused here, it's not actually on the postal van, as was mentioned before it's just the one on the curb but seen from under the van.

user posted image

204 days left until the end of the year from 24th of May

24th of May is 204 days from today.

2405 in the trailer

Song used in the trailer released on the 24th of May

24051972 in TBOGT on the plane.

creepy

StickyWickett

I just posted most of this in the release date prediction thread. All but the football bit, good one.

Sam Houser was born in 1972. Anyone wants to venture a guess the exact date? There is no reason why this can't still be the release date as well, but there are already a few release date topics floating around, including at least one that discusses the BoGT tail number and 2405 in V trailer.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

This has so little meaning it's not even funny.

1. 90% of Scottish football fans do not support the Old Firm (Rangers and Celtic). This seems to be a statistic you've come up with yourself.

2. Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, whereas Rangers and Celtic are from Glasgow. There's a bigger chance that employees there support Hearts or Hibs, and The Benz, who is a lead producer, is from Aberdeen (my hometown and team). Using that logic, May 11th could be a significant date too, because Aberdeen won the European Cup Winners' Cup on that date in 1983.

This is all just insane guesswork. You're all sounding a bit desperate, to be quite honest.

It's not exactly that far fetched..

In San Andreas, some of the cars had license plates that read "GL4S G0W", "R4N G3RS", "AM0 RUS0", "GA ZZA", "MC C01ST", etc. (all ex-Rangers players). Putting 2+2 together (the San Andreas license plates + the 1972 reference in Gay Tony) I'd guess that one of the vehicle artists is a Rangers fan...

(edit) Oops, I didn't realise K^2 locked this.

Sent from my ayePhone